[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (137 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
If we're gonna use the turnover, then Zalayeta should definitely not play, but Mutu yes. Zala will be playing on Wednesday the qualifier match for Uruguay, whereas Romania have no mid-week game so Mutu will be the freshest of our forwards.

Along Mutu then play one between Zlatan and Trez.
I don't think that Trezeguet should start this one. Let him rest up for the midweek clash with Bayern. If Zlatan is ready I would start him up top with Mutu and Del Piero providing support. Zalayeta would come on for Ibra in the second half.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
great news

me too i think that trezii should sit this one out even if he is fit.If he isnt fit and will be fit for the bayern game he should sit that one out.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
My lineup:

Abbiati

Blasi - Thuram - Cannavaro - Chiellini

Camoranesi - Giannichedda - Vieira - Nedved

Ibrahimovic - Mutu

Olivera to come on for Nedved or Camoranesi during second half. Kovac for Cannavaro if we're leading. And Del Piero for Zlatan if we're leading. It will be crucial to rest the right players for this match but also don't compromise the overall strength of the team. As always I have 100% faith in Capello finding the right 11 + subs to play the match. So no worries on my side.

I predict 2-0 or 3-0 for us. An easy victory.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
I wouldn't want to see Adrian starting the game, he just got married yesterday:D.....We should wait I guess.
wow! congrats to adrian then.

guess we can't field him for the rest of the week then :D:D

well if zlatan is fit, then we shud put him up with dp, if not then zala....

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i would imagine that adrian would love if capello gave him a starting place against messina as a wedding gift.

also id say mutu is hoping finland can do romania a favour tonight by holding the czechs.

after an international break its always tough to win iam pleased juve have a home match and maybe milans trip to sardinia and struggling cagliari could see them drop points.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus - Messina

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are very much the form team in Serie A at the moment while Messina are still searching for their first win. The Sicilian outfit are flirting with relegation at this early stage and no side has conceded more goals than the Giallorossi. Many fans will already be resigned to another defeat as they come up against the early pace setters and, unless Messina can shore up their defence, it is hard to see them getting a result. After conceding four goals at home in their last match, ‘keeper Marco Storari could be kept very busy at the Delle Alpi.

Juve on the other hand still have their 100 per cent record intact. Even more impressive, they have conceded just two goals on their way to opening up a five-point lead at the top of the table already. Considering they have done this in the middle of a defensive injury crisis, many of the top flight’s strikers must be shaking with fear at the thought of what they will be like now that many of their missing players are starting to return to full fitness. Add to this David Trezeguet’s early form that has seen the French striker hit the back of the net four times already, and even a surprising three goals from Patrick Vieira, and this encounter could see a repeat of the Bianconeri’s 4-0 demolition of Empoli.

Both sides will go into this game missing important defensive players through long-term injury. Messina are once again without Alessandro Parisi, while Alessandro Birindelli, Jonathan Zebina and goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon are all out for Juve. The Giallorossi will also be without Marco Zanchi as he is suspended as a precautionary measure after he tested positive for a banned substance. The teams do have players returning from injury though as Gianluca Pessotto is back for La Vecchia Signora and Messina’s influential striker Riccardo Zampagna is available again, although there are still concerns over their fitness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Abbiati; Blasi, Thuram, F Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved; Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

Messina (probable): Storari; Zoro, Rezaei, Cristante, Aronica; Coppola, Donati; Giampà, D’Agostino, Di Napoli; Zampagna

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
The only Messina player I fear is Di Napoli. But Cannavaro should be able to contain him. Otherwise we're simply better than them.

Historical side bar: Messina have lost all their previous matches in Delle Alpi. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)