[Serie A] Juventus vs. Inter (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

dude,I still remember very well when I was arguing with Azzurri in parma thread, and you called me those names and then you said good point Azzurri,go and see that.that what I call provokation.

Since It was me and Azzurri who was arguing in Rapid vienna thread, it doesn't have to be that smart to guess who you called "imbecile", not your friend Azzurri.no?

Like I said,you either change your behaviour against me when you talk with me, or do me a favour put me in your ignore list.that simple.thanx
I'm sorry snoop but you have brought all of this upon yourself. You opened your mouth when there was no reason to do so.

Here is what happened in this thread to jog your memory..

++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Since the Rapid Champions League match thread was closed due to imbecilic behavior, I will just do my match report here.
As you can see I didnt mention your name because it frankly doesn't matter. But then you had to proceed starting a worthless argument with this hypocritical post:

++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
Since you are drunk,I will ignore this..and for God sakes Andy,just stay away from me..I am not like you, I don't like to argue..
Yeah, thats right snoop...that's why you had a major role in getting the Rapid thread closed with your childish remarks. And why on Earth are you bringing this up again...are you asking for another fight for your enjoyment?
Again, there was no reason to get upset with my comment about the match thread being closed. I didn't mention any names and even Swag concured with me that insulting people in a match thread is imbecilic behavior...no matter who it is. But for some reason you were offended by that and made a big deal about me.

Now please, I don't want this thread to be closed because of another worthless argument. Just drop it snoop...nobody else here really cares.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
IMO we should play Kovač and Canna in the centre of defence and transfer Thuram to the right just for this one. Kovač has been in good form, and Lilian is just getting into match shape after recovering from injury, so he hasnt hit top form yet. He'd be better on the right than Blasi or Pessotto, and we'd reduce the risk of him making a fatal misstake.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

Personally, I think Capello should field Mutu instead of Nedved. The trident we played towards the end of the match on Tuesday really looked good, and we have not seen what Mutu can do on the left flank with Trezeguet in front of goal and Ibrahimovic also supporting. I think Mutu's speed and ability to take on defenders will add more to our attack than what Nedved is capable of at the moment. However, with Mutu in the team and Nedved out we lose ball winning ability on the left side of midfield and perhaps better crosses to Trezeguet and Zlatan in the box...the latter problem would be solved by letting Zambrotta come up the flank a bit more in the absence of Nedved.

And by the way, good to see you posting again Jun-hide. :)
Havent seen much of Juve this year, to be frank (only saw Udinese & Chiveo), so I am probably not in a good position to say which player is in form right now. But personally I would like to see Nedved play because Inter often allowed Rangers to take long range shots and you know Nedved can fire bullets with both of his feet. Nonetheless, I agree with your assessment that we would be better off playing trident than stict 4-4-2 given that Cordova, a rock in defence, is playing as RB and might nuturalize Nedved or Mutu down on the left flank. Beside neither Cordova and Wome are good gooing forward (I am being polite here) so my guess is that defensive duty for Nedved or Camo would be minimal.
As for the forwards, I think Don Fabio will select Ibra & Trez. From what I have seen, I got a impression that Capello likes to hit long balls to our towering centerforward rather than building up slowly from the back which partly explains his hesitation to use Alex & Mutu (I almost tore my hairout watching Del Piero trying to win headers against Sammi Hyppia). So what do I make of Don Fabio's recent outburst against Zlatan? I think he is just trying instill some fire into Zlatan's belly before the big match - got to love Capello.:D.

By the way, I been pretty busy of late to keep up with all the matches so I havent made many replies but I do still often visit here because it is fanatastic site with decent manners *cough* so yeah keep it guys!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
IMO we should play Kovač and Canna in the centre of defence and transfer Thuram to the right just for this one. Kovač has been in good form, and Lilian is just getting into match shape after recovering from injury, so he hasnt hit top form yet. He'd be better on the right than Blasi or Pessotto, and we'd reduce the risk of him making a fatal misstake.
I think it is an very informative judgement Zlatan! This makes a lot of sense given that I am suspecting Stankovic will be more central role which would allow Thuram to make his trademark runs down on the right.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Great idea Zlatan, I agree 100%

If only Capello could read this

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I think that Thuram is better as a central defender than Kovac,and also think that Blasi or even Pessotto are having preferable speed for some attcking movements than Thuram.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
Zebina isn't recovered yet?I tought he was called for France national team.am I missing something here?:confused:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++

Nonetheless, I agree with your assessment that we would be better off playing trident than stict 4-4-2 given that Cordova, a rock in defence, is playing as RB and might nuturalize Nedved or Mutu down on the left flank. Beside neither Cordova and Wome are good gooing forward (I am being polite here) so my guess is that defensive duty for Nedved or Camo would be minimal.
You raise a good point about the wing backs for Inter not being very adept going forward. Cordoba is a fantastic stopper but he is not very good with the ball at his feet, while Wome IMO is decent going forward, however I think Mancini might select Favalli instead if he is indeed available. The fact that Cordoba will be playing right-back leads me to believe we can field Mutu instead of Nedved because he would not have to do as much back-tracking as with Javier Zanetti playing for Inter. I think with Mutu's speed and ability to take on defenders he would cause Cordoba more problems than Nedved who does not really take players on 1v1. The only problem on the left flank though is that Figo will be playing, however I think Zambrotta is more than capable of handling him...that will limit Gianluca's ability to attack.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002

You raise a good point about the wing backs for Inter not being very adept going forward. Cordoba is a fantastic stopper but he is not very good with the ball at his feet, while Wome IMO is decent going forward, however I think Mancini might select Favalli instead if he is indeed available. The fact that Cordoba will be playing right-back leads me to believe we can field Mutu instead of Nedved because he would not have to do as much back-tracking as with Javier Zanetti playing for Inter. I think with Mutu's speed and ability to take on defenders he would cause Cordoba more problems than Nedved who does not really take players on 1v1. The only problem on the left flank though is that Figo will be playing, however I think Zambrotta is more than capable of handling him...that will limit Gianluca's ability to attack.
I guess we agree to disagree on this part. But yeah, I think using Mutu in this match would be a good idea IMO.:). The fact is whenever we played Inter Del Piero was shut down most of the time precisely because Cordvoa (one the best man marker IMO) was covering him. However, Inter is likely to field Materazzi - Sameul partnership for the up coming match and we all know that both of them are (1) strong as ox and (2) dominant in the air. But we also know neither of them are particulary mobile so I think it would be good idea to have somebody who can run at defenders for the upcoming match and that is Mutu (Zlatan isnt a bad dribbler but he lacks a yard or two for my liking). So personally I would field Mutu - Trezeguet - Nedved than Zlatan - Mutu - Trez. Nonetheless, we are more of a long ball team than short so I guess Capello will probably choose Zlatan & Trez, after all the last you would want is Alex or Mutu trying to win headers against Marco and Walter. So in the end, I think it will depend on individual performance rather than tactical choice (since I doubt Capello will make tactical change) & Capello's lataest comment IMO is aimed at getting best of Ibra's mecurial ability.:).

By the I think Wome is horrendous going "forward" - his crossing arent too clever IMO.:p

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
I guess we agree to disagree on this part. But yeah, I think using Mutu in this match would be a good idea IMO.:). The fact is whenever we played Inter Del Piero was shut down most of the time precisely because Cordvoa (one the best man marker IMO) was covering him. However, Inter is likely to field Materazzi - Sameul partnership for the up coming match and we all know that both of them are (1) strong as ox and (2) dominant in the air. But we also know neither of them are particulary mobile so I think it would be good idea to have somebody who can run at defenders for the upcoming match and that is Mutu (Zlatan isnt a bad dribbler but he lacks a yard or two for my liking). So personally I would field Mutu - Trezeguet - Nedved than Zlatan - Mutu - Trez. Nonetheless, we are more of a long ball team than short so I guess Capello will probably choose Zlatan & Trez, after all the last you would want is Alex or Mutu trying to win headers against Marco and Walter. So in the end, I think it will depend on individual performance rather than tactical choice (since I doubt Capello will make tactical change) & Capello's lataest comment IMO is aimed at getting best of Ibra's mecurial ability.:).

By the I think Wome is horrendous going "forward" - his crossing arent too clever IMO.:p
I think Wome will be benched for Favalli, after all Favalli does defend better than Wome. When I was watching the Inter game, most of Ranger's crosses come from the right. TBH I didn't even know what Wome is doing for the whole game.

I would put Mutu on the left flank to trouble Cordoba, even though Cordoba is a fantastic shot-stopper who is strong, I noticed that he has a tendency to give opponents free kicks at times. Materazzi is another overrated player, and from the Super Coppa Italia game Zlatan make a fool out of Matrix, so I would put Zlatan in here to trouble the defence. I think that Zlatan would be used as a bait to lure Samuel/Cordoba/2 defenders to him, so we must exploit Zlatan to good use and create oppotunites for others to score.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++
Yes,but Blasi played for us ,as a RB ,only temporary(thanx to injuries),and he played that role very good,IMO,but I think that Capello will try with the experienced and proven one,which is Pessotto.
Hey do u know where is Liu these days? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)