Serie A: Juventus vs Inter [November 4 2007] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Footballingworld.com

Return of a special rivalry

The many games in Italy that prescribe the notion that they are themselves the biggest game of the Italian league calendar has brought up much debate over the last two decades. Romans will argue that the Derby d’Capitale between Roma and Lazio remains the biggest fixture. On Wednesday night, the giants fought it out, with Roma continuing to press on following that surprise but well-fought out victory at the expense of AC Milan on the weekend, winning 3-2 against their neighbours.

There are others in Italy who would suggest the battle between the Milan giants is the biggest fixture. Milan and Inter share a special grudge. Inter, for the best part of 20 years, have been in Milan’s shadow. Since the Rossoneri was bought by Italy media mogul Silvio Berlusconi, Inter have been chasing Milan’s shadow in Europe and Serie A. Milan finally overhauled Inter’s trophy cabinet in 1994 when they won a 14th Scudetto. Over the last two years though, Inter have been resurgent, ever since Roberto Mancini took over at the helm. Inter have now won the last two Scudetto titles, but at the same time are playing the type of football that even Milan’s Carlo Ancelotti would be proud of.

Others argue that Milan’s Derby della Madonnina is not the biggest fixture. Juventus and Milan fans will suggest that their sides’ fixture is the Serie A equivalent to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Not only are the two giants the most successful teams in Italy, both sides have for the last 10 years dominated the course of titles in the league. The two clubs also bear familiarities with one another: Capello, Baggio, Ancelotti, European Cups, and dominance over Europe.

But, despite all the derbies, and there are quite a few that have gone unmentioned like the Tuscan derby, the Sicilian derby or the Turin derby, this weekend’s game between the two self proclaimed masters of the Italian game, Juventus and Inter, is still the biggest fixture of the Italian football league calendar.

At a time when Juventus and Inter dominated the league, a journalist coined the term for the fixture 'Derby d’Italia’. This is Italy’s derby. Both teams have never been relegated from the top-flight, and although some will argue Juve were relegated two seasons ago, the Bianconeri’s relegation was a punishment for the Calciopoli scandal, not for their efforts on the pitch. If Juve had their points deducted for the games in question that were fixed from that season, they would still have ended up fourth.

So, this weekend sees the return of the 'big one’ as one of my friends terms it. Juventus are back in Serie A, playing good, resilient football - the Juventus way. Ranieri has changed Juventus back to the way Lippi had his team grinding out results when they were playing badly, and then dominating teams when on form. The strengths of Juventus have been obvious this season. Trézéguet has been banging in goals from everywhere, Del Piero has scored some key goals and Iaquinta is in third gear having not played as many games. As with all Juve teams, strength in defence is a key characteristic, and we could see a very defensive minded team on Sunday night.

Inter are resurgent, hungry for more titles, and in Roberto Mancini have one of the best up and coming coaches in Europe. So who will claim to be the king of Italy on Sunday night: Inter, with a title to defend, or Juve, with a reputation to repair?
http://www.footballingworld.com/2007/11/02/return-of-a-special-rivalry/

Buy on AliExpress.com

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Moggi: Inter shouldn't have Ibra Sunday 4 November, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luciano Moggi believes Inter have taken advantage of Calciopoli to pluck Juventus’ best players. “I would never have sold them Zlatan Ibrahimovic.”

This week Nerazzurri patron Massimo Moratti insisted he had paid “market value” prices for Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira during the summer of 2006 when the club was demoted.

“Football is not corrupt, it is a business and management works to develop the product. You need to be smart to deal in that environment,” said the disgraced former director of sport.

“Inter did not win, but as soon as they got Ibrahimovic he took over the whole team and now they are victorious. I got Ibrahimovic and if I had still been there, I would not have sold him to Inter.”

Ibra was snapped up from Ajax in 2004 and helped the Bianconeri to two consecutive Scudetti – later revoked in the Calciopoli trial.

Roma had also been interested in the player, but it was Moggi who always managed to secure the top transfer targets.

“You need to be smart in football, as managing a top club means always watching your back. I have always won and had the strongest squads. Let us not forget than in the 2006 World Cup Final there were nine players out there signed by me.

“I don’t know if you’d call it talent, but it is good to never ask for money from the shareholders and always win.”

Moggi was interviewed on La7 by Daria Bignardi and commented on how he felt when the Calciopoli scandal first broke.

“I felt like a train that had been derailed. From triumph and a high-profile position I went straight to the gutter. I was afraid to leave the house because I didn’t know how the fans would take it.

“I reacted in the end, at times too strongly. At one stage I thought about ending it all, but faced with a family I must protect, I hit back.”

He was accused of leading a Mafia-style group controlling Serie A and even affecting international call-ups, but Moggi insists he was made a scapegoat and hints at ulterior motives behind last week’s controversial refereeing decisions against Juventus in Naples.

“People hate me because I have won too much. I am not an angel, but there are far more devilish creatures than me. There are those who illegally spy on people and now say that the referees make mistakes in good faith,” he said with a veiled reference to Inter’s notorious legal battle with Christian Vieri over private investigators who allegedly wiretapped his phone.

“Good faith are two words that have nothing to do with what is happening now, when the referees are making more mistakes than ever.”

Diego

Aug 30, 2005
Good old Moggi. He is so true in what he is saying. The refereing hve never been worse than now. And its true he was great in signing players:(

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So Lippi and Moggi praise Zlatan simultaneously and say he can make the difference in a football game but fans here still say he's just ordinary and even less?

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
they all know he makes the difference some people are too stubburn to say it. His world class he does things others cant which makes the difference at the end wen full time is blown you look back and say how the fuk did he do that?.

bullitnuts

Coconathan;)
Sep 30, 2006
this is the day we'll make those interistas bend over and stuck a golf ball in between!!! i'm so nervous yet excited at the same time. please, boys! let me have a reason to crack the absolut pear open!!! FORZA JUVE!!! FORZA RAGAZZI!!:heart:

Geof

May 14, 2004
Nice article from La Stampa, through Google translation:

Finally Juve-Inter challenge than ever
The clubs opposition from power
JOHN DE LUNA
It had never happened before. Of course, expecting the derby, with the matches with Inter Milan or (when there was Maradona) with the Naples; But appointments were ritual, which is repeated every year. The habit you helped to dilute the emotions. This time is different. The "journey" in a series B has broken any continuity and the match with Inter shows all the uncertainties and fears of the "first time". For decades, had never happened that Inter was to take such abissalmente favored, so much stronger than Juve. It had never happened that it was so strong was the Juve (the transfer of Ibrahimovic firm forever account Cannavaro had in exchange for Carini Boninsegna or exchanged with Anastasi).

Last year vivemmo experience straniante a series B that we had never met; This dress for the first time the role of David against Goliath. But how many times a slingshot syndrome has gripped our opponents? How many Florentines, romanisti, Napolitain del Toro fans have lived vigils like this that we live, with the heart in his throat and hope that for once the giant could collapse under the blows of the Child. That frankly is not a bad living so eve. You know you have little to lose and if you win but it is a victory that counts, a victory that pays you on the ground of all that you have scippato off the field.

Of one thing should be given to players of Inter act: they never challenged the legitimacy of victories, have always recognized the strength of the team that won Capello with a superiority that did not permit discussions. Now the attention returns to the field and it is good for everyone. I never appreciated the ping-pong that you brought to oppose the scandal of passports to Calciopoli, the budgets fair doping, interceptions managed by Telecom to phone Moggi: there was a lezzo unbearable that emanated from that football where , objectively, it was difficult to distinguish the innocent from the guilty, honest and naive by clever. Now, as that was the most recent past, it returns to play.

And Juve today, Nocerino and Chiellini, Zanetti and Legrottaglie, seems to realize physically mutation that occurred last year: juventinità has lost the stigmata domain, the monumental image of those who always win and all the media has been shattered; what was the old normalcy, Juve to power the Inter opposition, it is inverted. The technical superiority of Inter can we oppose only with determination and pride, with a great desire to ransom, with the strength of the newfound dignity ...

It was the time of Helenio Herrera and Moratti father that did not happen. But remember - forty families of the working Juve Menichelli, De Paoli and Del Sol? Poor, with a coach like Heriberto that seemed a professor of physical education and many old players, ripped all'Inter wonderland the championship the last day. And it was the most beautiful. After years of B, after the penalties of Naples, after paying virtually alone the price of a football infected, now plays, and the result counts for the scudetto. Already this is a good result for a just promoted team; The rest hopefully, it will come from.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
So Lippi and Moggi praise Zlatan simultaneously and say he can make the difference in a football game but fans here still say he's just ordinary and even less?
lippi and moggi know that he is class while the fans knows that also but they hate him cause capello let him play ans kept dp on the bench.
and i agree with moggi that we should not sold ibra to inter.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
All the time I am thinking shall we start with trident ,Trez,Yaquinta and DP.We must put a pressure to them and play hard,very hard all 90 minutes.We must press them (if we can) on their field by running a lot and covering players.I thing that Chiellini must go on fucking Ibra,but Crespo should be covered also.
We must play with 100 perc. of our power ,wisely and ,with cold head.
I just want we win this fucking game.
Before this,I was nervous like this when we beat Milan 1 0 on May 8 th 2005 with a pass from my avatar from DP and Trez buried Milan in the middle of Milan.
We will see.
Lets hope.
NESSUNO COME NOI .FORZA MAGICO JUVENTUS.

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
lippi and moggi know that he is class while the fans knows that also but they hate him cause capello let him play ans kept dp on the bench.
and i agree with moggi that we should not sold ibra to inter.
Moggi is ,as usual right.
Zlatan is a class player>Yes he is a traitor and his second year in Juve was a disaster,but he is now Alpha wolf in Inter.
We should never sold him to Inter.
We gave them a nice and full product.
Fucking Morrati would gave a double of his price just to have him in Inter.
We should sell him to Real or somewhere else but not in the creeps called Inter.
He is very dangereous and have some street skills,and if the referee do not see he,grabs,tears ,punches and everything.Chiellini is a must for him.
Anyway whatever happened tonight they will never,ever be big as we are,no way.We are one and only.Just to pass this game properly.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Shows his wonderful character:rolleyes:

He won't even score,Legro will handle him:D.Dream on Zlatiboy.
:D

Actually if anyone in the world who cares for Juve was in charge,he would bring Zlatan back.
Oh no they would not. Best striker in world? Totti? Kaka? Toni?

Good old Moggi. He is so true in what he is saying. The refereing hve never been worse than now. And its true he was great in signing players:(
Simply the best GM/sporting director in the world, ever.

Sep 19, 2006
Of couse he is class,it doesnt take a smart person to understand this.
He is one of the best forwards in the world if not the Best.

his season he is giving even more than he ever did before,he is the one making the difference in every Inter's match either by scoring or assisting except the last one.
Right now I cant stand the guy but I also cant stand(C.Ronaldo,Lampard & Gerrard.etc....) buy any one who doubt their abilities is simply in denial or dont understand anything about football.

Anyway lets forget about him,we will never win this match by players supremacy,we can only win it by Personality,Anger & Vendetta.

I cant wait no moreee.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lippi's Juve-Inter predictions

Marcello Lippi coached both Inter and Juventus, so he analyses tonight’s Scudetto showdown – the Derby d’Italia grudge match.

“It has always been a high-profile encounter and it is with good reason that this has been dubbed the Derby d’Italia,” said the World Cup winner in newspaper 'Tuttosport.’

“I don’t think anyone expected Juve to have such a strong start to the season and all the predictions were overturned. Juve-Inter therefore represents a crucial tie for the table and a victory would open a fascinating path to Claudio Ranieri’s side.”

Above all it is a grudge match following the Calciopoli scandal and the Bianconeri’s demotion to Serie B. Lippi has seen both sides of the rivalry in his career.

“The two clubs have decided to approach this game in a relaxed manner. I remember that one time Juve-Inter was surrounded by bitter and vicious comments, but thankfully the directors are now using wisdom and the correct sense of balance.”

For the first time in perhaps two decades, the Nerazzurri are going into this clash in Turin as the favourites.

“Inter are stronger than any other side, that is the truth. I cannot say if they are much stronger or only a little bit, but there is a clear gap.

“The Nerazzurri will win the Scudetto, because over time they inevitably come out on top. In a one-off game nobody who faces Inter can feel they are without a chance, so Juventus can quite easily win.”

All eyes will be on Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has publicly stated he’ll welcome jeers from the Turin crowd, as it will give him extra motivation to defeat his former fans.

“I like him, he is a nice fellow. Above all else, he is one of the few strikers who celebrates the same whether he scores or sets up a teammate,” added Lippi.

“It’s not easy to find players like that and I feel like comparing him to Zinedine Zidane.”

channel 4

will luvs juve

Aug 30, 2006
i am soooooooooooooo nervous. if we dont give them to much space and mark up especially on zlatan then we can win. if the defenders do there job properly then i think we have a good chance of getting all 3 points. i belive that trezeguet and dp can find the goals but i believe that nedved is the key player for us. if we belive then we will win but if we have doubt then we will lose. we must go into this match not playing really fast football and then losing the football but playing safe until we find a breeak on. what ever happens tonight i will always be a bianconeri!:heart: . forza juventus:weee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)