[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Genoa (11/13/08) (17 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have to say though I was frustrated for long periods of the game. No other big team would let a side like Genoa dominate possession for long periods like we did.
So you didnt happen to see how they owned Inter big parts of the game in their 0-0 game? (Inter was lucky to escape with 1 pt)Or how they won Milan 2-0 and Roma 3-1?

We just won them 4-1, while the only other big teams in the league lost or were lucky to draw against them. Take a chill pill and watch the sweet highlights of Grygera's MOM show, Chiellini's majestic defending, Ale's fine one touch double assists :star:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Lets not go over the top just because we scored four.

This was a very close game and we only won because we were more clinical. Genoa made just as many chances as we did and an another day could have scored several goals.

Overall it was a decent display, though we did struggle when they got the ball in wide areas.
I don't think they were THAT good...Milito side netting, Palladino block...what else?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Lets not go over the top just because we scored four.

This was a very close game and we only won because we were more clinical. Genoa made just as many chances as we did and an another day could have scored several goals.

Overall it was a decent display, though we did struggle when they got the ball in wide areas.

u r right, but we scored 4 and they only 1..

we won 7 games in row, and yes, we will probably loose to Inter (jinx) but we are on top of table today

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I have to say though I was frustrated for long periods of the game. No other big team would let a side like Genoa dominate possession for long periods like we did. Especially not on our ground...
It was an issue in the beginning of the second half and in the whole first half, but after the 55 miunte or so, we played perfect pressing and were attacking Genoa players in their own half. That was brilliant! I loved our play today. Great spirit, good in one on ones and cold as ice when it comes to scoring.

BTW its just a theory, but I think Amauri is a big factor why we are playing better. With Trez, we were playing with 10 man. Trez didn't touch the ball for 20 minutes in one game or so, while Amauri is really helping out and his finishing is nearly as good not to say that he has to be one of the best players in Europe when it comes to heading! This guy is great!
MOM Grygera
Chiellini is a rock
Sissoko is a monster
Tiago is getting better and better. His second half was very good.

I can feel the love in this squad :) :flag:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We are still using a non 2DM formation and i am convinced, this is a reason we have some sort of balance in our team.
It allways has to be some excuse with you to play down the success, doesnt it? Tiago was tonight of the players who deserve the lowest rating marks, he was ok level, together with Pavel and Moli, rest were better then him for sure.

We arent winning like this because of him (he has way too little impact in our game to be this key figure you want to make him out to be), even if I like the balance he brings. If Zanetti was playing, we would be better off for sure. So kindly save your weak convenient rationale.

Aug 17, 2007
great match, great win. i can't wait to meet inter...one of our most important matches in the last few years. we can actually beat them to go first in the classifica. what an amazing season it's going to be in the serie a.

about ale- he may not have scored, but he looked better and faster even from the last two matches. don't you think? he looked very good...too bad the fk streak ended :rolleyes: hope he'll renew it in the san siro next week!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)