[Serie A] Juventus-Siena (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Overall not a bad match. The attacking formation Capello set out for this match seemed to be working well, and hopefully we will use this same system for the Real Madrid match next week. We were able to create a lot of chances, more so than usual, however Siena was absolutely pathetic. Siena's defending was not very good at all, and if Milan was playing them today they probably would have won 5-0.

Even though we had a very attacking formation today Siena was not able to create that much against our back three, something that is a good sign. We still need to work on efficiency in attack because we were not all that great today and it will be a more difficult task against Real.

Buffon really did not have to do much except make a few saves and punch out a couple crosses.

Zebina made some poor errors once again today, especially in the first half, and if Siena had players like Di Natale and Di Michele in attack they would have scored. He did look good attacking down the right though, so the liablility continues.

Thuram was solid as usual and was not pressured that much.

Cannavaro was solid as well and made a good tackle on Chiesa.

Camoranesi did not do a whole lot however he did distribute the ball nicely today. We will need those skills against Real next week.

Emerson was solid today and made a couple nice plays to help win the match for us. His goal off the corner was very good and he won the penalty for Del Piero to convert.

Blasi was full of running once again tonight, sprinting all over the pitch to help out where needs be. I love his work ethic but his ball skills still need to improve. Looked solid today though and we will miss him against Real.

Zambrotta made some fine runs up the left flank, and came back to defend nicely.

Zalayeta looked very good today with the ball and created the first goal all by himself. I think Marcelo could cause Real some problems with his strong incisive runs from the right.

Ibrahimovic was rather disapointing today and gave the ball away too many times. It seems he is on a bad spell at the moment and he needs to improve. His touch was even poor today and that surprised me.

Del Piero had a very good match today, one of his best this season. His backheel finish from Zalayeta's cross was a class goal, and he was able to create some good chances for us today. Del Piero was running at defenders, taking them on with the ball and most of the time beating them or winning a free kick. I hope his good form can continue, especially if we want to get past Real.

Here was the formation today btw:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro

Camoranesi - Emerson - Blasi - Zambrotta

Zalayeta - Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Romano

May 22, 2004
YES YES YES !!
3-0 !!
Nice one Juventus!
3-4-3 formation realy pwns ass !!
Good one Capello finaly we are going confident and thnx Del Piero and Emerson !!
READY FOR REAL MADRID !!
BRING BACK HISTORY AND BEAT THEM AGAIN WITH 3-1 !!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Alessandro del Piero scored twice as Juventus temporarily retook top spot on Sunday with a convincing 3-0 win over Siena. The Juve captain shrugged off recent criticism to open the scoring with a delightful flicked first, before confidently slotting home a penalty to clinch the three points.

Nice quick summary by Eurosport.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Overall not a bad match. The attacking formation Capello set out for this match seemed to be working well, and hopefully we will use this same system for the Real Madrid match next week. We were able to create a lot of chances, more so than usual, however Siena was absolutely pathetic. Siena's defending was not very good at all, and if Milan was playing them today they probably would have won 5-0.

Even though we had a very attacking formation today Siena was not able to create that much against our back three, something that is a good sign. We still need to work on efficiency in attack because we were not all that great today and it will be a more difficult task against Real.

Buffon really did not have to do much except make a few saves and punch out a couple crosses.

Zebina made some poor errors once again today, especially in the first half, and if Siena had players like Di Natale and Di Michele in attack they would have scored. He did look good attacking down the right though, so the liablility continues.

Camoranesi did not do a whole lot however he did distribute the ball nicely today. We will need those skills against Real next week.

Emerson was solid today and made a couple nice plays to help win the match for us. His goal off the corner was very good and he won the penalty for Del Piero to convert.

Blasi was full of running once again tonight, sprinting all over the pitch to help out where needs be. I love his work ethic but his ball skills still need to improve. Looked solid today though and we will miss him against Real.

Zambrotta made some fine runs up the left flank, and came back to defend nicely.

Zalayeta looked very good today with the ball and created the first goal all by himself. I think Marcelo could cause Real some problems with his strong incisive runs from the right.

Ibrahimovic was rather disapointing today and gave the ball away too many times. It seems he is on a bad spell at the moment and he needs to improve. His touch was even poor today and that surprised me.

Del Piero had a very good match today, one of his best this season. His backheel finish from Zalayeta's cross was a class goal, and he was able to create some good chances for us today. Del Piero was running at defenders, taking them on with the ball and most of the time beating them or winning a free kick. I hope his good form can continue, especially if we want to get past Real.

Buffon

Thanks for the analysis Andy,

am off.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Buffon

Great analysis Andy. :thumb: I knew that I could count on you. Will you be watching Inter-Milan in case the stream doesn't work as well this evening? We could certainly do with some great analysis there.

May 30, 2004
inter are in a bad position hehe i hope they win.... but for hardcore inter fans who hate juvy good luck ... koz if they beat ac we are first 3 points .. and if they get beaten .. their record is fecked .. i just really hope its not a draw tonight

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

Great analysis Andy. :thumb: I knew that I could count on you. Will you be watching Inter-Milan in case the stream doesn't work as well this evening? We could certainly do with some great analysis there.
Yeah man no problem. I'll be here to watch the Milan Derby.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
good match for juve, a cheeky goal by Del piero who did very well today, all the players were good except for Zlatan who could have done better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)