[Serie A] Juventus-Siena (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I like the formation we used today. It was a 4-3-3 mixed with a 3-4-3 as Zambrotta covered pretty much the entire left flank, playing as a left back at times and a left winger on other occasions. He was very effective in this role and looked really good in attack. Del Piero was very good especially in the first half as he took on and beat numerous defenders as well as scored a wonderful goal. Zalayeta did well, as did Thuram and Cannavaro. Good displays from Blasi and Emerson in the centre of the park. Buffon made a nice save in the first half on Alberto I think it was (I'm not certain) but didn't have much to do. Zebina and Camoranesi were ok while Ibrahimovic was poor.

My ratings:

Buffon - 6
Zebina - 6
Thuram - 6.5
Cannavaro - 6.5
Zambrotta - 7
Camoranesi - 6
Emerson - 6.5
Blasi - 6.5
Zalayeta - 6.5
Del Piero - 7.5
Ibrahimovic - 5

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I saw the first half and Del Piero really played well he reminded me of himself before of the injury in 99
By the way I think we played really well and I wanted to know if we played good against other teams with that formation?

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I like the formation we used today. It was a 4-3-3 mixed with a 3-4-3 as Zambrotta covered pretty much the entire left flank, playing as a left back at times and a left winger on other occasions. He was very effective in this role and looked really good in attack. Del Piero was very good especially in the first half as he took on and beat numerous defenders as well as scored a wonderful goal. Zalayeta did well, as did Thuram and Cannavaro. Good displays from Blasi and Emerson in the centre of the park. Buffon made a nice save in the first half on Alberto I think it was (I'm not certain) but didn't have much to do. Zebina and Camoranesi were ok while Ibrahimovic was poor.

My ratings:

Buffon - 6
Zebina - 6
Thuram - 6.5
Cannavaro - 6.5
Zambrotta - 7
Camoranesi - 6
Emerson - 6.5
Blasi - 6.5
Zalayeta - 6.5
Del Piero - 7.5
Ibrahimovic - 5

this is definetly what we wanna see from Alex. take on defenders full of confidence. he can certantly do it (when he is on his day). it looked like he was enjoying the game a lot and he should do that more often.

im liking the 4-3-3 a lot because it allows our strikers such as zala and dp to move a lot, and also zambrota has more freedom on the left side that he owns. emerson and blasi provide the reqired cover. the defence today was solid and so was zebina (to some extent) buffon didnt have to do much and same goes for Camo.

impressed by Zalayeta, the kid has got moves to go with his size. lets work on those free kicks boys.

loser of the day ?

Zlatan- didnt move much, but also most balls were going through dp and zala.

very excited about the 4-3-3 and looking forward to see it against the better teams, such as roma.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
Capello is satisfied

Fabio Capello si satisfied with his squad’s performance which caused them to win neatly over Siena. After the match, this was his comment: “I said I had seen the team in a very good condition in the last few days. They trained with concentration and determination and played the same way today. There finally has been a faster game pace.” He was asked about the trident attack: “It can be surely repeated, it will depend on each match and on the opponents to meet. If it is like today, with the three strikers able to step back , it works”.

Eventually, he was asked about Del Piero’s excellent performance: “He wasn’t himself a few months ago and I said he would thank me later. He is himself now, he pleases us and makes us win.”

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
Capello is satisfied

Fabio Capello si satisfied with his squad’s performance which caused them to win neatly over Siena. After the match, this was his comment: “I said I had seen the team in a very good condition in the last few days. They trained with concentration and determination and played the same way today. There finally has been a faster game pace.” He was asked about the trident attack: “It can be surely repeated, it will depend on each match and on the opponents to meet. If it is like today, with the three strikers able to step back , it works”.

Eventually, he was asked about Del Piero’s excellent performance: “He wasn’t himself a few months ago and I said he would thank me later . He is himself now, he pleases us and makes us win.”
:rofl:

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

3-0 for juve
:thumb:

Damn strong face for bianconeri today. i don't know whats wrong with zlatan. he supposed to be behind montella if he scored. he wont find a chances like today soon plus he don't contact with DP !

have you seen zambrotta jet when he opened a sprint to catch Chiesa?

unbelievable sprint.

are we gonna see oba oba somersault in san siro tonight?

i hope so

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
Capello is satisfied

Eventually, he was asked about Del Piero’s excellent performance: “He wasn’t himself a few months ago and I said he would thank me later. He is himself now, he pleases us and makes us win.”
You gotta love Capello

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)