[Serie A] Juventus-Siena (4 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jussiut ] ++
This was a good game from us, although Siena didn't really test our defence like Roma and Real will do in the coming weeks, so we really don't know if the trident tactic works with "the-mother-of-all-error-makers"-Zebina in the defense when the big boys come to play.

I don't know could I ever be more happier after Juve game and the reason for that is DP. I've always loved DP and now to see his excellent form...it was just fantastic. I understand that he has deserved quite a bit of the criticism he has been given lately, but I also hope he can be given his due when there's a reason for that - both in the italian press and here at the forums. And it seems that people here are doing that. :)

Buffon - a solid game with not much to do. Played the few situations well - 6

Zebina - wow, this guy coudln't be more contradictory. In the other hand he does some wonderful plays in the attack but in the other hand he will always make few stupid errors in the defense. Well, today his achievements in attacking outweighed his defensing errors - 6.5

Thuram - a solid game in the defense. Had little trouble with the mediocre Siena forwards - 6.5

Cannavaro - look Thuram above - 6.5

Zambrotta - the good old Zambrotta as usual. Was a threat in the attack and playen defensively well also. A good game but not better than Zebina IMO - 6.5

Camoranesi - few nice tricks with the ball but he didn't really do anything concrete to help our attack - 6.0

Blasi - tried really hard and that's always great. He ran a lot and pressured Siena midfield (which wasn't particularly a hard job). Solid game but he really could use some help with his technique - 6.0

Emerson - a very good game. He did well in defence and in attack, all-around a solid, good game - 7.0

Zalayeta - did a few excellent plays and showed his great ball controlling skills. Sometimes he was a bit in shadow but great game nevertheless - 6.5/7.0

Del Piero - a wonderful game. In the first half he was a constant threat by dribbling players, making good passes and he also showed his off the ball-skills. Two great goals and man of the match - 7.5

Ibrahimovic - He was like a shadow. He couldn't control the ball and really didn't contribute at all to the attack. I give him credit for that he seemed to be trying hard. He's clearly out of the form at the moment - 5.0

-------------------------

Milan winning with that fluke goal is so f***ing annoying but what can you do? It's pretty obvious what we need to do for the rest of the season - win all the freaking games we have.
I would only give Zebina a 6, cos he made 2 defensive flaws which almost converted chances for Siena. For Canna + Thuram, a 6 would be appropriate and Buffon was hardly challenged, so a 6 for him to.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think we have to find a replacement for Zebina in the summer his only skill is to pull other players shirts without the referee noticing

wookie

Aug 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Goal difference doesn't exist in Serie A.
yeah ,when they've finished all the games in season and 2 teams are with the same count of points on top ,there will be a final match between those 2 teams. :D

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Chiellini :undecide:
he is on the left is he not? u can move zambo to the right, but i think we need him more on the left to balance out the attack while camo is on the right

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I didnt see this game but from what I can gather, my team that i picked against Real Madrid, just rings through

I said it time and time again, Zebina is a huge liability and he will cost us dear one day, Zalayeta is needed for his power and directness and Zlatan's hold up play is totally unnecessary in a team or squad like ours, he would have been so much better if he had a striker like Bellamy, Baros, Martins who just run for fun and with pace to play alongside him as he can hold the ball up well and they can find space but with the strikers we have, well its a waste

Milan , I don't think are playing great at all, they have wonderful players but are lacking where it matters at the front, and if they are completely honest, Kaka has played crap this season while Crespo imo is a waste of space. I will definitely take Trez, Zlatan over him, yes he makes intelligent runs but he so weak and wasteful is embarassing. They really miss Sheva and Inzaghi as they would have been totally outta sight if those 2 were fit.
Right now their defence is holding them up and even that will become a problem if Ancelotti tries to incoporate Stam to that team, cos yes he is a good player, Stam, but he unbalances Milan.

Juventus, well, might win the league but i suspect it will be more of Milan losing it, if it does happen as we just don't have that many attack minded players and we are with a very negative thinking manager who is fielding 3 strikers outta necessity, not because he wants to, and theres a big difference. And our bench is not as strong as Milan's either

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

he is on the left is he not? u can move zambo to the right, but i think we need him more on the left to balance out the attack while camo is on the right
Camo backtrack just as much as Nedved. It wouldn't matter even if he would be a rb.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Zlatan's hold up play is totally unnecessary in a team or squad like ours, he would have been so much better if he had a striker like Bellamy, Baros, Martins who just run for fun and with pace to play alongside him as he can hold the ball up well and they can find space but with the strikers we have, well its a waste
Yeah but in our original squad he's got Nedved at least. They had some beautiful moments in the begining of the season. :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I didnt see this game but from what I can gather, my team that i picked against Real Madrid, just rings through

I said it time and time again, Zebina is a huge liability and he will cost us dear one day, Zalayeta is needed for his power and directness and Zlatan's hold up play is totally unnecessary in a team or squad like ours, he would have been so much better if he had a striker like Bellamy, Baros, Martins who just run for fun and with pace to play alongside him as he can hold the ball up well and they can find space but with the strikers we have, well its a waste

Milan , I don't think are playing great at all, they have wonderful players but are lacking where it matters at the front, and if they are completely honest, Kaka has played crap this season while Crespo imo is a waste of space. I will definitely take Trez, Zlatan over him, yes he makes intelligent runs but he so weak and wasteful is embarassing. They really miss Sheva and Inzaghi as they would have been totally outta sight if those 2 were fit.
Right now their defence is holding them up and even that will become a problem if Ancelotti tries to incoporate Stam to that team, cos yes he is a good player, Stam, but he unbalances Milan.

Juventus, well, might win the league but i suspect it will be more of Milan losing it, if it does happen as we just don't have that many attack minded players and we are with a very negative thinking manager who is fielding 3 strikers outta necessity, not because he wants to, and theres a big difference. And our bench is not as strong as Milan's either
well said :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

Yeah but in our original squad he's got Nedved at least. They had some beautiful moments in the begining of the season. :)
It was not beautiful it was effective, there is a huge difference.Yes we were winning at the beginning of the season but at no time were we playing beautiful football

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
It was not beautiful it was effective, there is a huge difference.Yes we were winning at the beginning of the season but at no time were we playing beautiful football
Amen to that !!:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)