[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (8 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

No, I clearly understand what you meant. My point is that Trezeguet's job is to finish off chances, however he only got two opportunities to score. That is not enough. The midfielders and other forwards are supposed to supply the ball for him to work his magic in the area. Was DP not one of those other forwards? Trezeguet never is involved in the match, so its nothing new. He is in there to finish off chances created by the other players around him. He did not recieve any service today.
This excuse that is continually reserved for Trezeguet is a poor one imo. When the service to you isn't good you have to move and make your own space. DP, Zlatan and even Zalayeta do it, but all Trez did tonight was stand up and hope Camoranesi put an inch perfect cross on his head, or Del Piero slid a through ball splitting the defence for him to run onto and score. My coach is always telling our strikers that movement is key and when teams defend in numbers like Sampdoria did today, you have to drop off or make lateral runs, even if you know that you aren't going to get the ball, just to make space for the others around you. I noticed that Ibrahimovic did this very well when paired with Del Piero when Trez was injured, but David was about as immobile as they come today. I suppose it's DP's fault that Trez can't create his own chances or chances for others, right? Even the best goalscorers, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Vieri for example, have had to learn how to be effective outside of the box. Don't you think it heaps an unfair amount of pressure on the support striker when their partner is Trezeguet (no disrespect intended) and the opposition is defending with 10 men behind the ball like today? Not to mention that the midfield offers absolutely NO creativity. How come it's fair for you to say that the service to Trez wasn't there, but I can't state that DP's performance is effected because of this too? Because he's the support striker and is supposed to set up his partner? It's not exactly easy for you to set up someone when no-one is setting you up.

Ratings for the strikers in today's game:

DP - 6
Trez - 4.5
Zlatan - 7

It has always been my view that when there's no creative force in a team, as is the case with us, the two forwards should be able to contribute to the build-up and be able to make their own chances, which is why I like the DP-Zlatan partnership. Trezlatan has been good, but if Trezeguet plays like he did today it won't matter how well Ibrahimovic plays.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
I saw this defeat was coming.I predicted it for Atalanta match but we survived that, and we finally lost to sampdoria.
I don't know what you guys think but the second half of the sampdoria match we rocked I never seen juve atacking like this.but sampdoria great defence and their keeper,and the bad luck of trezeguet and zlatan even del piero it was shame to finish the match like that.I think we will be ok against palermo,even it is tougher opponet than sampdoria.
and for the pessimists: cut the bullshit , and stop the panic.you can't expect the team win every ****in single match.don't forget that we played without nedved.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
It has always been my view that when there's no creative force in a team, as is the case with us, the two forwards should be able to contribute to the build-up and be able to make their own chances, which is why I like the DP-Zlatan partnership. Trezlatan has been good, but if Trezeguet plays like he did today it won't matter how well Ibrahimovic plays.
Well, its a matter of what you want. If the team is creating chances then Trezeguet should play, because he is the only reliable goalscorer we have. However, even with our three main strikers in the team we could not create anything. The blame hardly rests on Trezeguet's shoulders. Trezeguet does not have the ball skills to come back and pick up the ball outside of the box, so what do you expect him to do? Players like Del Piero should have enough skill to create these opportunities.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I just got home,saw that on livescore....and I have one question I'd like to be answered:

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
things went wrong again ..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I just got home,saw that on livescore....and I have one question I'd like to be answered:

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy and simple. We have inept players in attack.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

This excuse that is continually reserved for Trezeguet is a poor one imo. When the service to you isn't good you have to move and make your own space. DP, Zlatan and even Zalayeta do it, but all Trez did tonight was stand up and hope Camoranesi put an inch perfect cross on his head, or Del Piero slid a through ball splitting the defence for him to run onto and score. My coach is always telling our strikers that movement is key and when teams defend in numbers like Sampdoria did today, you have to drop off or make lateral runs, even if you know that you aren't going to get the ball, just to make space for the others around you. I noticed that Ibrahimovic did this very well when paired with Del Piero when Trez was injured, but David was about as immobile as they come today. I suppose it's DP's fault that Trez can't create his own chances or chances for others, right? Even the best goalscorers, Shevchenko, Van Nistelrooy, Vieri for example, have had to learn how to be effective outside of the box. Don't you think it heaps an unfair amount of pressure on the support striker when their partner is Trezeguet (no disrespect intended) and the opposition is defending with 10 men behind the ball like today? Not to mention that the midfield offers absolutely NO creativity. How come it's fair for you to say that the service to Trez wasn't there, but I can't state that DP's performance is effected because of this too? Because he's the support striker and is supposed to set up his partner? It's not exactly easy for you to set up someone when no-one is setting you up.

Ratings for the strikers in today's game:

DP - 6
Trez - 4.5
Zlatan - 7

Come on Stuart you can't blame trezeguet for his bad performance, you like me know that trezeguet needs space, you saw how the ball were coming to the box from our defence, then the whole sampdoria team is in the box, he tried hard to score but antonioli did the job well too.btw I liked the performance of del piero tonight.it was good he was trying hard which is a good sign.

and don't forget that nedved was missing, I know very well what we are with out him.

And about Zambrotta,oh man, he is a God.what a fighter :thumb:

Mar 14, 2004
Aaaaah,I see that Treze played like crap again. Oh,that is becoming a thing I got used by now and I gave up on him. Let him stay for lifetime!!!!!!!!! Oh how much I hate him and players like him! There is no way to describe that feeling....

Never mind...let him stay for lifetime.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

The fact of the matter is, Stuart, you and I can go in there and make some passes around the pitch, however when it comes to creating chances, Del Piero did absolutely nothing except for one shot. Thats what we needed, for somebody to step up and create chances for our team. Nobody did that, except for Zlatan by using his own strength and skill to make a shot on goal out of nothing. Thats creating opportunities on net. The rest of the attacking players were by all means horrible in the second half.
In the second half when Del Piero wasn't playing as a left winger he was operating in central midfield. IMO he did his job. He got the ball to Zlatan, Camo and Zambro regularly but Camo was horrible and Zambrotta had no support on the left flank. Zlatan was able to create chances when he got the ball, it's not DP's fault that Camo and Trez weren't.

Anyways, I'd like to see the DP-Zlatan duo against Palermo this weekend. Ale is a good passer and Ibra is brilliant at turning his defenders and outpowering them to make chances and I think they complement each other better than any other partnership. That's just my opinion.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
Sorry and sad for the defeat....i wished we win and continue the 8-ponits lead

BUT We are still on top with 5 points lead, so, it doesn't make any difference

WE ARE STILL ON TOP

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

Come on Stuart you can't blame trezeguet for his bad performance, you like me know that trezeguet needs space, you saw how the ball were coming to the box from our defence, then the whole sampdoria team is in the box, he tried hard to score but antonioli did the job well too.btw I liked the performance of del piero tonight.it was good he was trying hard which is a good sign.

and don't forget that nedved was missing, I know very well what we are with out him.

And about Zambrotta,oh man, he is a God.what a fighter :thumb:
I can't blame Trez because he needs space, but I can blame him for not being able to create his own space, can't I? That's a shortcoming of his that he really has to work on. Sure, when he gets the ball in the area he's lethal, but when he doesn't it's like we're playing with 10 men.

It's good to know that you agree with me about DP's performance. One thing that I appreciated from him was his willingness to drop off and show for the ball. I find that this is a problem that many of our players have. True, these guys are professionals, but they don't do what they can to make their teammates' passes easier. DP did this very well tonight and I thought that the calmness he showed in the centre of the pitch with his passing is something that this team could really use.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I saw this defeat was coming.I predicted it for Atalanta match but we survived that, and we finally lost to sampdoria.
I don't know what you guys think but the second half of the sampdoria match we rocked I never seen juve atacking like this.but sampdoria great defence and their keeper,and the bad luck of trezeguet and zlatan even del piero it was shame to finish the match like that.I think we will be ok against palermo,even it is tougher opponet than sampdoria.
and for the pessimists: cut the bullshit , and stop the panic.you can't expect the team win every ****in single match.don't forget that we played without nedved.
I liked how we pressured Samp in the second half as well. We attacked in waves and actually looked dangerous, we were just unlucky when it came to finishing. Had it not been for a brilliant Antonioli, Trez, DP and Zlatan would have all scored.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Where do I begin with this rant ????

I can agree with most of what Andy said, we lacked hunger out there, and we had a terrible day offensively....

I thought DP had a good game, he did everything but score. In the second half, he was asked to play out of position, and did it just fine

All the people on this forum who want to throw DP under the bus, maybe you should start channeling that energy towards a guy who does NOTHING for this team, unless the ball is at his feet inside the box- TREZEGUET !!

Trez didnt do dickshit today, and is only effective when the ball comes to him 2 feet from the goal line. Even Lilliana could sit there and tap in a ball that comes to her feet , damnit !!!

Montero is the icing on the cake...everytime this chump gets near the ball, my heart skips a beat. We should have GIVEN him to Livorno for their help in the Mutu saga.

While I'm on that subject, I see some ppl on Mutu's thread saying "we'll have him for the CL final in May..." ARE YOU PEOPLE F UCKING CRAZY ???? We will not get past Real Madrid in this round !!!!! We proved today that we don't have the offense, nor the rest that is needed to beat Real,. Chelsea, Milan, or even Sampdoria, for that matter, as we proved today.....

Those statements are almost as retarded as someone who started a "We are the champions thread" just because we WERE 8 points ahead of Milan.........Milan will be in first place by mid March, mark my words....

Last, but not least, I get to Moggi....This so-called guru doesn't see that this team needs reinforcements NOW ???? You don't have to be a football pundit to see that we need 1 more player in the midfield (at least) and 2 more in the defense. Believe me, this will be a repeat of last season, where we come away with NO trophies !!!!!!!!!!
Vin What thread are you talking about? there is no thread called "we are the champions thread"....go read it again u might of mis-read something...and besides even if it was what gives you the right to call it retarted? what makes you think that you are better than everyone here? and that you are more knowledgable about Juve and football in general than the rest? I might have a different opinion from urs, even in this qoute, do you see me labelling people? this is retarded, and that is stupid and what not?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Well, its a matter of what you want. If the team is creating chances then Trezeguet should play, because he is the only reliable goalscorer we have. However, even with our three main strikers in the team we could not create anything. The blame hardly rests on Trezeguet's shoulders. Trezeguet does not have the ball skills to come back and pick up the ball outside of the box, so what do you expect him to do? Players like Del Piero should have enough skill to create these opportunities.
Imo Del Piero did his fair share of creating today. He played some nice balls into Zlatan along the ground and in the first half took on his marker and won some corners. He also worked two nice moves where he got shots on target. The problem today wasn't creating chances, it was our inability to finish. Trez, Zlatan and DP all came close, but Antonioli was too good. Zlatan's left-footed volley and his header from DP's corner could easily have resulted in goals. Treze's header could've scored as well, and so too Del Piero's shot from the edge of the area and I'm sure that if a few of these chances had went in we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

I liked how we pressured Samp in the second half as well. We attacked in waves and actually looked dangerous, we were just unlucky when it came to finishing. Had it not been for a brilliant Antonioli, Trez, DP and Zlatan would have all scored.
yeah that's the positive side of the match.I never taught that this trio will work ( I kno none of them scored),I want to see it again the next match.since nedved is absent,so why not. i'm sure capello will use the trio.since camoranesi is suspended,and nedved is out.
and ofcourse I agree with you about del piero.i'm sure this was his best match this season.Capello did favour for him by benching him.so that he will gain that hunger that he lacked in the past matches..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Easy and simple. We have inept players in attack.
I'd blame the midfield before I blame the attack. Afterall, it's their responsibility to supply the players ahead of them with good passes and they quite simply aren't doing that. Something needs to change, I'd start by playing Olivera in the centre next to Emerson.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

So true!

Anyhow we should be carefull in this match. Without nedved we don't look like we're capable of building a good attack. To think we won't have Olivera too! Now, Kapo's suppose to start the attacks? I don't think So!

We have problems against Sampdoria, n looking at our team for this match, I wouldn't mind a draw.

Damn I hate being right. I knew we could lose this game(although I didn't wanna say it). I just hope we don't lose further ground, in these coming weeks.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

yeah that's the positive side of the match.I never taught that this trio will work ( I kno none of them scored),I want to see it again the next match.since nedved is absent,so why not. i'm sure capello will use the trio.since camoranesi is suspended,and nedved is out.
and ofcourse I agree with you about del piero.i'm sure this was his best match this season.Capello did favour for him by benching him.so that he will gain that hunger that he lacked in the past matches..
I think Del Piero has played better matches than today's this season, but he was certainly more involved than he usually is today and really tried to make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)