SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (2 Viewers)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Totti about Buffon: "He proved to be the world's best keeper"

Francesco Totti told Italian television station Canale 5 that he had a sleepless night following the last minute miss he committed against Juve.

"I couldn't close my eyes all night. It seemed so easy to score, but one must also admit that Buffon made a great save. He proved to be the world's best keeper. I watched the play again this morning, and must say he was fantastic in that instance," said the AS Roma skipper.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nice words Mr Totti :)

However those ratings dont show him as the best guy then.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Totti about Buffon: "He proved to be the world's best keeper"

Francesco Totti told Italian television station Canale 5 that he had a sleepless night following the last minute miss he committed against Juve.

"I couldn't close my eyes all night. It seemed so easy to score, but one must also admit that Buffon made a great save. He proved to be the world's best keeper. I watched the play again this morning, and must say he was fantastic in that instance," said the AS Roma skipper.
Of course he would say that, he should've scored. Glad he didn't though.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well he didn't score because Buffon was not fooled and stayed up till the last moment. Most other keepers would have gone down.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++

i think lippi has made a correct decision.........keep trezegol upfront is just wasting since i can see that he 'never' touch the ball for the entire 2nd half...

what he can do is introduce Biri to support midfield and di vaio as well as in defence....
Who's side are you on ??? Lippi made a big BONEHEAD decision !!!

Had Lippi kept Trez on, we would have won the game. I know Trez wasnt that effective, but he's always a threat !!! Roma realizes that, and when you took him off for Biri, Roma realized that we were going to defend for the final 10 plus minutes

LIPPI F*CKED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeah.... and lippi loves to do that.

IM talking about "secure the score"

and most of the times we end scored, like roma´s game.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah, Trez had done nothing in the second half and had no fuel in his legs. It's not like Lippi took all our forwards off the pitch to make way for defenders, we still had Camo, Nedved and DV up front.

With or without Trez, few things would have changed, as the whole team was evidently too tired from the midweek encounter. Actually from all the CL teams, Juve did the best cos Lazio was inconsistent throughout the whole match, Inter was just a shadow of the Highbury team, and Milan could only manage 25 good minutes against Perugia. Juve at least played well for 60 minutes.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IM not anti lippi.... i like the guy,,,but he fails sometimes.

and not, is not the same to have nedved divaio and camo,,,because trez, althought he was useless.....he still was a thread just standing alone in the md of the field,,,when all the roma were attacking,,,but when lippi took him out, it let the defenders to be near the juve goal.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Who's side are you on ??? Lippi made a big BONEHEAD decision !!!

Had Lippi kept Trez on, we would have won the game. I know Trez wasnt that effective, but he's always a threat !!! Roma realizes that, and when you took him off for Biri, Roma realized that we were going to defend for the final 10 plus minutes

LIPPI F*CKED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's natural for a manager to defend more when he wants to keep a lead. I don't think the best way to maintain a lead is to keep pressing and put pressure on, because how the heck was Lippi supposed to know that a defender would score?! If we kept pressuring and attacking, we could have very easily been hit on the counterattack, then everyone would be saying "LIPPI F*CKED UP! WHY THE HELL WERE WE STILL ATTACKING WHEN WE HAD A 2-1 LEAD!??!"

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Lippi is the greatest mastermind in Italy ... So f*ckin what if Juve conceded a late goal ? its still early in the season and the players were just tired after so many consequetive games.

Juve are still at the top of the table and the Milan Derby is not far away so expect them to drop some points. Juve showed character and almost beat a Roma side that are on somewhat of a roll at the moment. Juve have been consistent and they get the wins when needed. Its not like we lost. Trez had enough time to score before he got substituded but he didn't. What makes you guys think that he would have scored had he stayed on ? Its not defensive- mindedness ...instead it was a sensible move. More often than not it would have worked.

So stop whining and look ahead.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK , but im getting tired that each time we decide to defend our advantage..we get scored. Sincerely i dont know why we step back in the second half. Maybe roma pressured us much more than in the first half,,because they had nothing to lose.

Hey talking baout roma...they won 4-0 in the UEFA cup-
this guys will be a tough thread in the serie A.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Hey talking baout roma...they won 4-0 in the UEFA cup-
this guys will be a tough thread in the serie A.
word.....

but Vardar Skopje aren't exactly the toughest opposition ;)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Its not being anti-Lippi when pointing out things as it is - that he cocked up. Taking off Trez isn't just a mere personnel substitution but conveying a message to everyone out there - defend.

It was a home game and Lippi had his 1st choice team available but still fielded a defensive line-up by reverting to 3 DMs in the end. To make matters worse, the 3rd DM was Tudor. That to me, is being reactive when we should instead seize the initiative and impose our game in a more enterprising manner befitting defending champions.

The post-mortem? Juve were tired. Yeah right. I'll readily excuse them if it was their 60th match of the season, coming off a nightmarish fixture list with a paper thin squad. Last checked, this is only the 5th competitive game in circumstances which we have more than adequate resources to cope with. Fatigue indeed ... nonsense.

Lastly, something more subjective; does anyone honestly think that this Juve looks anything like an improved version of the last one? Maybe I bought too much into the hype, perhaps its too early but whatever it may be, I see what's essentially an identical gameplan to last season's. The much touted attack is decidedly mediocre and we're lucky that certain individuals have been able to bail us out so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)