SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
This match should be quite interesting as the current 2 leaders of the Serie A will confront eachother. Both teams have shown some great football in the first two rounds, bagging 2 wins with a 7-1 (Roma) and 7-2 (Juve) goal difference.

Football Italia Preview:

They don’t come much bigger, much brighter or more bitter than Juventus-Roma. A grudge match between the top two sides in Serie A right now can only be an event in the Italian calendar.

These two teams have always carried on a difficult rapport both on and off the field, controversy sticking to them like glue. This season there is added spice with the on-going Edgar Davids saga. President Franco Sensi announced that the Dutchman had agreed to join Roma as a free agent next summer, while Juve have seemingly frozen him out of the first team as punishment for not extending his contract. Should Davids be given a place in the starting eleven, it would be a performance to watch.

Another man in the spotlight is Nicola Legrottaglie, as his ticket to the Capital was switched to Turin overnight. One of the summer transfer stories saw the ex-Chievo defender carry on negotiations with Roma for months, only to join Juve in a surprise deal. A similar scenario occurred with Stephan Appiah, so it is not difficult to see why the two clubs are at constant loggerheads.

There are set to be fireworks on the field as well as off. Fabio Capello’s new trident attack system of Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Vincenzo Montella has worked wonders, netting seven goals in two games. Ex-Valencia striker John Carew provides another tactical alternative, while Cristian Chivu has already shown his free kick prowess with a stunning strike on his debut.

Olivier Dacourt returns from suspension, with Christian Panucci and Vincent Candela also back in action. Perhaps even more importantly, Roma do not have the distraction of the Champions’ League this season and are aiming squarely to recapture their Scudetto.

Juventus have won the title for the last two years running and it will be quite a task to do the hat-trick. They certainly have the squad for it, as Marco Di Vaio, Davids and possibly Fabrizio Miccoli – on the mend after an emergency appendectomy – are ready to come off the bench.

Di Vaio may well start after Trezeguet limped off with a knee problem against Chievo. Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta are the on-form men of the moment for Juve and traditionally relish these big encounters.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think we can win this with a certain degree of difficulty... if Legro, Trez and Mico aren't present, they'll be sorely missed. Hopefully, Roma will field Panucci...

On Roma's form, this may well be a crucial game for the title, so early on in the season... judging by their recent display (sure, u may say it was against a small team, but it's still scary $#!^), they could even be one of our tital rivals this season :scared: They've been promising it for so long, but have delivered so little over the past few seasons... hopefully this won't be their year again...

I have a feeling we'll need Buffon, Nedved and Zambrotta in particular to be on form if we want any chance of winning this...

my prediction: 2-2 (Nedved, Totti, Cassano, Del Piero)

ps. two huge games this weekend, maybe even title-deciders... Man U v Arsenal, Juve v Roma,

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Roma field Panucci ahead of Mancini I would be delighted as the Italian international is nothing that Neddy, DP and Trez can't handle, while the Brazilian youngster (Mancini) looked impressive against Brescia and could cause problems with his pace.

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
alright......what a motherfvcking week. a flawless Juve so far 2 outta 3, but the SOBs Roma are up ahead. So they've beaten Brecia 5-0. I wouldn't call it fluke or anything but does that REALLY make us the underdog at this clash?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
underdogs? hell no! were defending champions plus we just played in the champions league and won. i also have a feeling totti will score

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by cynical ] ++
alright......what a motherfvcking week. a flawless Juve so far 2 outta 3, but the SOBs Roma are up ahead. So they've beaten Brecia 5-0. I wouldn't call it fluke or anything but does that REALLY make us the underdog at this clash?
hell no! It's Brescia, and we beat Empoli 5-1... pretty much the same

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
underdogs? hell no! were defending champions plus we just played in the champions league and won. i also have a feeling totti will score
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

hell no! It's Brescia, and we beat Empoli 5-1... pretty much the same

that's the spirit ppl. and after all they're Roma who ain't our closest friends if u know what i mean.:fero::fero::fero:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
NO, definitely we can win this, but im specting a true battle on delle alpi.

OK, Roma beaten two lower temas,, but we are aware of what they can do, with excellent and dangerous players like totti, montella carew and cassano.

I Will like to see appiah and davids to start in the midfield, just to vary a little.

Maybe to see Divaio a little more if trez is no ding so well, and maybe a Legro-Ferrara combo will be good.

I dont know if Miccoli will make it on time,,and if he does, maybe he will not be on form, so i think than Camo wil play at least as a starter.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
i dont think Juve should risk fielding Miccoli even if hes fit. He should first play against a lower team , regain his match fitness and then be started agasint the bigger teams.

Juve have a battle on their hands but nothing they can't handle.

Roma have only played lowly sides so far while Juve have played Chievo and Galatasaray and won both.

Leggro will start - im positive. It would be sweet to see him score against Roma :D :devil:

Camoranesi was pretty good agasint Gala and should definitely start

prediction - 3-1 to Juve.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Probable formations from gazzetta.it...

Juventus: Buffon - Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta - Tacchinardi, Appiah - Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero - Trezeguet

Roma: Pelizzoli - Zebina, Samuel, Chivu - Mancini, Emerson, Dacourt, Lima - Totti - Delvecchio, Cassano

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
Probable formations from gazzetta.it...

Juventus: Buffon - Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta - Tacchinardi, Appiah - Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero - Trezeguet

Roma: Pelizzoli - Zebina, Samuel, Chivu - Mancini, Emerson, Dacourt, Lima - Totti - Delvecchio, Cassano
Cool, Legros' gonna be back!? :thumb::strong:

:down: panucci's not there :down:

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
it will be very difficult match for the team, though i'm sure that we can win it. we just need to me more consentrated and our defense should be very solid (not like other games this season).

midfield should be very tough, though i'm not sue if tacchi will be able to play, and if not edgar should calm down and remember his old days in juve. appiah should do his very best (what he did against gala was not enough imo)

forwards should use all their chances, sure that DP will.

the only thing i'm worried about is neddy. he is doing tremendous work in midfield but his condition is faaaaaaar away from last season.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm worried about our fitness, many of our players have played 4 games in 2 weeks, and the last two have been quite hard-fought. Our boys have trained hard in between the matches too, and they'll be training right now for the Roma match... let's just hope they're all fit, our international players especially.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
wht can i say gray. this is job of a coach to avoid such a fitness problems. boys really need some rest. even today they have training. hope that they will overcome this and in next week they will have time to rest

btw gray i like your signature
It's not over till the Old Lady wins.
i feel very proud that i love JUVE

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
btw gray i like your signature
It's not over till the Old Lady wins.
i feel very proud that i love JUVE

I feel very proud too, hopefully we'll keep playin well ay? :cool:

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
i've been for juve 10 years already and i cannot remember any match for which i was ashaimed. this is spirit of juve. once you become juventino it won't change any other way

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not worried about how many goals Roma scored against Brescia or their goal difference or whatever, I'm worried that our players are tired. Most of our key players such as Buffon, Zambrotta, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet have played four games in the last two weeks, while Roma will be relatively fresh, since none of Totti, Cassano or Montella played for la Nazionale.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Panucci Doubtful For Juve Game
)
09/18/2003. AS Roma defender Christian Panucci is a major doubt for Sunday night's big clash with Juventus.

The full-back limped off with an Achilles tendon problem in training yesterday, and could miss his second consecutive match after only making the bench against Brescia following his involvement in a car accident.

Vincent Candela is also unlikely to play.
SA Italy

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

damn.... :down::D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)