[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (10 Viewers)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
only ppl who has a deep understanding of the sport will support juventus, there r some juve fans but they dont really know the team well enough

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

If a slightly better team than Reggina had their chances, we would have conceeded at least 1, maybe 2

This is a team we should have beaten 2 or 3 to nil.

That aside, I thought Juve came out more determined in the second half. DP was the main protagonist, his energy seemed to fuel the rest of the team. The back-heel from Zlatan was pure class (with a little luck thrown in there too !!)

Zlatan was unlucky not to score on his header, which clanged the crossbar

Zala will not be referred to as "LEAD FEET" because this guy cant pass, or shoot for that matter (any professional forward should be able to score after 3 clear-cut chances against Real)

Tacchi for Blasi from now on....

Zebina's hustle isnt always going to be enough

Camo, and the rest of our team had a decent second half......
I don't why I always Agree with ya...well said:)

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ibrahimovic9 ] ++
Capello: Del Piero is back Saturday 19 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero was refreshingly honest in his post-match comments and Fabio Capello claimed he was back to his best at last.

“To say our first half was below par would be an understatement,” said the captain after his lone strike beat Reggina. “It was understandable considering the tour de force we’ve been through between Europe and Serie A of late, but we changed our approach in the second half. We realised the opening performance was poor and that we had another 45 minutes to change that.”

There are reports that Del Piero will be dropped from the Italy squad set to face Scotland next week, though this performance might have done enough to convince Marcello Lippi otherwise.

“I have to think about doing well for Juventus, then anything else comes as a result of that. Of course, if I don’t receive the Azzurri call then it’ll be a problem, but I’ll live.”

Fabio Capello was also full of praise for the captain, who earned himself a Man of the Match award for his performance in Turin.

“Del Piero is improving with every game and after the goal we saw the kind of player that earned praise from the world over in his glory days,” said the Coach who has often substituted the star this season.

The statistics certainly back his supporters, as Del Piero is officially the most decisive player in Serie A, as his goals have proven crucial in earning eight wins for the Bianconeri.

“Let us say that we allowed Reggina to play in the first half as we weren’t putting any pressure on them. Gigi Buffon was fantastic in goal to make sure we didn’t pay for those errors. I think that when you are between big games, these so called little ones are the more dangerous.”

The Bianconeri were expected to run riot over Reggina after beating Roma and Real Madrid over the last week, but it proved to be quite a struggle.

“It was another Juventus after the break. This is why football should introduce a time-out! Reggina were playing with one forward and the other ten behind the ball, so I thought we needed two heavy hitters upfront plus Del Piero in support to help break them down. Hitting the crossbar certainly shook the team up and showed them what they could achieve if they tried a little bit harder.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has again shown that his finishing leaves something to be desired, but his inspired back-heel set up Del Piero for the winning goal.

“Ibrahimovic has these moments of sheer genius and he knew exactly what he wanted to do at that moment in time.”

Capello refused to comment on the Champions’ League quarter-final, as Juventus have been drawn against Liverpool.

“Before facing Liverpool we’ll have to take on Fiorentina, so we won’t rush into discussing tactics for them,” insisted the Coach.

Reggina boss Walter Mazzarri was angry at his fifth defeat in six games.

"After the 90 minutes we deserved a draw at the very least and I believe that Reggina were having the better of the play when the goal was scored," he insisted.
Ya gotta love it :thumb:

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++

Not really. You can say this about Nedved, Trezeguet and Zlatan aswell. Del Piero has been good this season. After the winterbreak he has been really great.

BTW, When Del Piero scores, it feels 100times better than when anyone else in Juventus scores (no offence) :cool:
I may consider placeing this as my new Signature....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
good game by our juventus. much improoved from the chievo one. good effort from everybudy esspecially il capitano. too bad we hit the cross bar so many times.
yeah, if that bar was goal, then Dp's goal would be the nicest in Serie A... too bad it hit the bar.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Not really. You can say this about Nedved, Trezeguet and Zlatan aswell. Del Piero has been good this season. After the winterbreak he has been really great.

BTW, When Del Piero scores, it feels 100times better than when anyone else in Juventus scores (no offence) :cool:
yeah it's amazing...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Del Piero has been good, but not great. He earns the title "most decisive player in Serie A" from the use of statistics. I just don't want people to get the wrong impression from this terminology.
we are just happy about it Andy. and you should also be happy.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003

for me,and when nedved scores,it feels even better than when ale scores!

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

If a slightly better team than Reggina had their chances, we would have conceeded at least 1, maybe 2

This is a team we should have beaten 2 or 3 to nil.

That aside, I thought Juve came out more determined in the second half. DP was the main protagonist, his energy seemed to fuel the rest of the team. The back-heel from Zlatan was pure class (with a little luck thrown in there too !!)

Zlatan was unlucky not to score on his header, which clanged the crossbar

Zala will not be referred to as "LEAD FEET" because this guy cant pass, or shoot for that matter (any professional forward should be able to score after 3 clear-cut chances against Real)

Tacchi for Blasi from now on....

Zebina's hustle isnt always going to be enough

Camo, and the rest of our team had a decent second half......

but we played Reggina.

when we played a "slightly better team" in a game we mustnt conceed any goals, we won to zero, as i remember...

we may should have won by a bigger margine, but we won, and in this phase of the year, thats the most important.

U can call Zalayeta what you want, but lowering the class of goal, he scored against real is highy unjust as i feel (to be kind). that was a great goal, not an easy shot to make, and he strucked tha ball so sweetly...(i always in doubt is he got juve level of skills, but he can score important goal,thats for sure.)

I also wonder if Zlatan would scored from that position...

We, as usual, havent got the most talented team, but as a team, we are one of the greatest, and thats why I always loved juve.

(i dont want to say we need no improvement, but regarding this seasons performance, hats off for the team)

cheers mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)