[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (48 Viewers)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Damn, it was funny to see your reactions through the game, I laughed my pants wet. :D Juve took a typical, clinical victory tonight. I don't know why so many of you expect to win these games 3-0 or so, it's just pure madness. Juve's style has been 'maximal results with the minimum amount of efforts' for a very long time now, and I'm loving it. Capello and the boys always have a clear plan when they enter the pitch. Yeah, it might be boring if the opponent plays defensively too, but it brings us points. You have to remember that it's effiency that counts. If you don't like it, I think that your supporting the wrong team.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
BTW...someone already have the video of DP¨S GOal? :p

Loved his celebration,, he was like touching the air XD

crazy thing
ya his Celeb was awesome, everybody jumped on him...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

ya his Celeb was awesome, everybody jumped on him...
yeah but jjust before that...he was running and doing some moves with his hand and his eyes closed. Like daydreaming-

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
Damn, it was funny to see your reactions through the game, I laughed my pants wet. :D Juve took a typical, clinical victory tonight. I don't know why so many of you expect to win these games 3-0 or so, it's just pure madness. Juve's style has been 'maximal results with the minimum amount of efforts' for a very long time now, and I'm loving it. Capello and the boys always have a clear plan when they enter the pitch. Yeah, it might be boring if the opponent plays defensively too, but it brings us points. You have to remember that it's effiency that counts. If you don't like it, I think that your supporting the wrong team.
If a slightly better team than Reggina had their chances, we would have conceeded at least 1, maybe 2

This is a team we should have beaten 2 or 3 to nil.

That aside, I thought Juve came out more determined in the second half. DP was the main protagonist, his energy seemed to fuel the rest of the team. The back-heel from Zlatan was pure class (with a little luck thrown in there too !!)

Zlatan was unlucky not to score on his header, which clanged the crossbar

Zala will not be referred to as "LEAD FEET" because this guy cant pass, or shoot for that matter (any professional forward should be able to score after 3 clear-cut chances against Real)

Tacchi for Blasi from now on....

Zebina's hustle isnt always going to be enough

Camo, and the rest of our team had a decent second half......

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

If a slightly better team than Reggina had their chances, we would have conceeded at least 1, maybe 2

This is a team we should have beaten 2 or 3 to nil.

That aside, I thought Juve came out more determined in the second half. DP was the main protagonist, his energy seemed to fuel the rest of the team. The back-heel from Zlatan was pure class (with a little luck thrown in there too !!)

Zlatan was unlucky not to score on his header, which clanged the crossbar

Zala will not be referred to as "LEAD FEET" because this guy cant pass, or shoot for that matter (any professional forward should be able to score after 3 clear-cut chances against Real)

Tacchi for Blasi from now on....

Zebina's hustle isnt always going to be enough

Camo, and the rest of our team had a decent second half......
:D Damn your negative, as always... But please explain to me why we should have won 2-0 or 3-0?! 1-0 victory is just as precious, it's not about the style, it's about the results.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

:D Damn your negative, as always... But please explain to me why we should have won 2-0 or 3-0?! 1-0 victory is just as precious , it's not about the style, it's about the results.

not right now erkka.

now we should try to score as many goals as possible because if we end the season together with milan,we need to have more goals scored than them

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well it's a tale of two halves here. In the first half we are absolutely pathetic, not being able to create one chance at all. Second half came about and finally we were able to create some chances, however it's still not that great of a performance. Juventus should beat a team like Reggina more than just 1-0. Reggina was not that bad on the night, though, and gave us some problems with their counterattacks. But we sure were poor for a lot of this match.

Again the play in attack was not very convincing, and again our linkup play and team movement was not very good. I guess this has been the plot for most of the season however it's certainly not getting any better. Capello made the right move by bringing on Tacchinardi in place of Blasi because the latter was horrible out there tonight. We need to find a solution for that spot next to Emerson, and Tacchinardi seems to be the best bet at the moment, unfortunately.

Buffon made some very good close-range saves tonight especially on Borriello.

Zebina made some poor choices and his positioning was not very good. One of these days those mental errors are going to hurt us, as well as some of his errors in tackling. Good going forward though.

Thuram was solid as usual and went forward today a lot more than usual. I think he actually created one of the chances for us tonight on the right.

Cannavaro was good however he was lucky not to have been called for a handball in our own box after stripping the ball from Mesto, then falling over it and stopping it with his arm. Solid apart from that.

Zambrotta had a poor performance by his standards and made a few errors while defending.

Camoranesi was quiet for most of the match, however he sent a few nice balls into the box, especially the one to Ibrahimovic who hit the crossbar.

Emerson was very good on the night and in the first half was our best player by far, one of the only players that were making sense with the ball.

Blasi was just pathetic. Everytime he recieved the ball in traffic he lost it and gave it away to the opposition. Flashbacks from the Roma match occured when Blasi slipped and gave the ball away for a threatening Reggina counterattack. This was one of the first times in a professional match in which I have said to myself "please don't pass the ball to him." Blasi is just not good enough for Juventus.

Tacchinardi came on and play improved. He did not give away the ball as much as Blasi and was much more solid. Alessio to start from now on.

Zalayeta had a rather quiet match.

Ibrahimovic was good on the night and made a few nice moves with the ball at his feet. He also made the slick backheel to Del Piero for latter to put away.

Del Piero was poor in the first half, however after he hit the crossbar in the second he came to life. He started becoming involved more in the match and eventually got the winner with his left peg. We need his movement and skill from the start of the match, not 60 minutes in. Good second half performance.

Pessotto was solid for the minutes he played.

On a side note, for Reggina, two of our former players in a Boudianski and Zaytulaev came on, and the latter was not bad. Zaytulaev actually dribbled past both Thuram and Cannavaro for a nice shot that was just wide.

Boy I can't wait for Nedved to return.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)