[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (19 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Reggina
3/19/2005 2:01:00 PM
This week an energized Juventus go up against a team that is suffering a dip of form as of late. Reggina began the New Year with impressive wins and they are hoping that fortune will be on their side as they battle against the Serie A giants.
BACKGROUND

Juventus are on a roll right now and with a win over Real in the Champions League and a hard fought win over Chievo (be it controversial), it is imperative that they do not concede any points to their foes, for if they do the Scudetto will be lost. Milan are nipping at their cleats and like a dog chewing a bone, the Rossoneri would seize the opportunity and attain the points for themselves, at Juve’s expense. The battle for the Scudetto is far from over and a win is critical to maintain high morale. They face a squad in crisis, but Reggina are no pushovers as they will make Juve sweat for the result. However, Capello’s men will be ready as they want to rectify the loss suffered at Reggio in the early season. I know it is hard to believe, but the referee made poor calls against Juventus in that game. This goes to show that referees can screw up in any game and not favour the small team.

Reggina are a team that is constantly maturing and they have shown it in their football this year. They began 2005 on a high recording impressive wins and exceeding critic’s expectations by aiming for a UEFA Cup place. However; as of late, Reggina are struggling and the dream of playing European football could have to wait as they must refocus on their main goal: staying out of the relegation zone. Reggina play good football, but they have been inconsistent as of late. They can create opportunities and come back from behind but they lack that X syndrome that Inter has, as they could have tied against Sampdoria and Fiorentina. The loss against Messina could have hurt them psychologically, as it is uncharacteristic for Reggina to let in two goals at the Granillo, especially in a derby. They tried to come back, but the defensive and goaltending errors cost them a game. These issues will have to be addressed if they are to make any progress against Juventus. It will much harder this time around, as they are playing in Turin and Juve have learnt from their past mistakes. You may beat Juve once, but twice good luck. Reggina needs only to look at Real for an example.

TEAM NEWS

Juventus
Kapo is still out with a muscular injury and Nedved is still recovering from his head injury. Mutu is suspended till the 18th of May. Ibrahimovic and Appiah carry cards to this game.

Reggina
All starters are healthy; something that Mazzari can be happy about (but if it brings the desired result is a different story). Balestri and Bonazzoli; Reggina’s hit man are suspended. This could seriously dent Reggina hopes to salvage precious points. Zamboni, Paredes, Borriello, Mesto, Cannarsa and Franceschini bring cards to this game.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Nakamura (Reggina)
A vastly gifted midfielder and one of Japan’s best players. He can create opportunities and can also score if need be. Has been anonymous as of late; however, he can rectify that situation by giving the Juve’s defence a headache, which he surely can do.

Camoranesi (Juventus)
Nothing classy about this man. Not a Galactico candidate, but he is a great team player and does what he is paid to do: win the ball and cross the ball to a striker. The great thing about Juventus is that they may not have names but players that do take the responsibility and rise to the occasion. Camoranesi has done this. He was crucial in Juve’s victory over Madrid and his contribution is vital if they want to lift the Scudetto and the Champions League.

PROBABLE STARTING XI’s

Reggina (3-4-2-1):
Pavarini, De Rosa, franceschini, Mesto, Mozart, Paredes, Tedesco, Nakamura, Colucci, Borriello. Coach: Mazzarri.

Juventus (4-3-3):
Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Zalayeta, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero. Coach: Capello.

PREDICTION

Expect Reggina to make Juve sweat but in the end Juve should win. Too much is riding on this game for Juventus to lose. Reggina will play disciplined football, but they are still safe from relegation. There will be other games for them to collect points. Cynical, but a realistic scenario. Bonazzoli’s absence could be the Achilles’ heal of Reggina. To beat Juventus twice is extremely difficult (need I mention Madrid again?). Expect a tight match with Juventus winning 1-0.

Bruno Cardile

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #209
    Hard fought shmard fought. 3 points is what I am interested in, then to be in the almost impossible position of supporting Roma tommorrow. :dazed:

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Camoranesi (Juventus)
    Nothing classy about this man. Not a Galactico candidate, but he is a great team player and does what he is paid to do: win the ball and cross the ball to a striker. The great thing about Juventus is that they may not have names but players that do take the responsibility and rise to the occasion. Camoranesi has done this. He was crucial in Juve’s victory over Madrid and his contribution is vital if they want to lift the Scudetto and the Champions League.
    Now that is just wrong!! maybe the only player who shone and played brilliantly and consistently has no class?! Great team player?! He was THERE when Nedved WASN'T able to, and he performed amazingly.. IMO, if he continues like this, I would see him as another irreplacable, next to Buffon, Zambrotta, and Del Piero..

oh and Forza Juve...

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
    is trezeguet again injured????

are you guys kidding me????!!!!

he is the best striker in this world but he only plays 10matches a year he is always injured dammnned trez we need you!!!

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gino Genesio ] ++
    is trezeguet again injured????

are you guys kidding me????!!!!

he is the best striker in this world but he only plays 10matches a year he is always injured dammnned trez we need you!!!

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!
    i dont know about best striker in this world? :confused: hes clutch and all, but best striker is going a little too far. but ya, his injuries are weird.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++

i dont know about best striker in this world? :confused: hes clutch and all, but best striker is going a little too far. but ya, his injuries are weird.
    I consider Trezeguet the most natural finisher in the world, but not the best striker.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    adriano SUCKS BIGTIME!!!
    (because my brother is a inter fan) !! :p
    btw..

Siena [1 - 0] Lazio

59' [1 - 0] I. Tudor

forza tudor :D
    When did Tudor leave Juventus? :D

Jan xfer window right? Along with who, Iuliano and.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)