[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (81 Viewers)

IceJuve

IceBreaker
Feb 16, 2005
Well my prediction for Roma - Milan game will be 2 - 1 for Milan cause they always seem to scrap a win in the end, but the atmosphere will be hot and this time there will be a red card. A river of frustration seems to run through the city of Rome nowadays since they haven´t won a big game for quite a while.

As for Juve´s game next weekend I´m actually hoping for Capello to field the 4 - 4 - 2 with Trez and Zlatan upfront from the beginning, cause I see more future in it than the trident we´ve been using of late.

What I´ve seen from the partnership of Nedved and Zlatan on the left wing has been very positive and in my opinion that is the way to go to win all there is this season. This formation should be more fluent and balanced than the 4 - 4 - 3 formation if its used right. I don´t see 3 attackers doing a lot of defensive work.

So if Capello is to opt for "my" formation I believe we´re on the right and should win next weekends game steadily, not maybe wih ease but seeing our team going in the right direction for the right formula. Otherwise if he opts for the trident then I think we will struggle cause we surely don´t attack with speed with that formation.

So my prediction for the "right" formation: 3 - 0 for Juve but not a beautiful win.

Trident prediction: 1 - 0, maybe 1 - 1 because we lack speed and defensive work from the 3.

But when it comes to my team Juve it doesn´t really matter formation they use, I just hope they´ll win!

Good times, everybody! ForZa Juve!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 26, 2004
Reggina arrives in Turin after two consecutive defeats, the worst of which occured last week at home. At the Granillo, in fact, Messina won the “Derby of the Strait”, an always heartfelt match. The failure has been a hard blow more for the spirits than for the ranking: the Calabria-based club are progressing pretty well and salvation is just a stone’s throw away.

As much as the Bianconeri are concerned, after going through the hard month of February, they have got back on winning track and have started an exciting nip-and-tuck race with Milan which is likely to continue until the end of the season. The match against Reggina can be the chance to leave the Rossoneri behind, as the latter will have a tough away match at the Olimpico against Roma.

In spite of Mazzari’s squad proving their skills in different occasions, precedents at the Delle Alpi are far favourable to the Bianconeri: Juventus have won three matches out of four and were held to a draw only once, on the first matchday of the 1999-2000 season, when the advantage goal scored by Inzaghi was followed by Kallon’s. The two players are not part of the challenge anymore, as the first has been playing with the Rossoneri for years and the second is currently playing with the French Monaco.

The latest match played in Turin dates back to the last season’s 21st matchday, when Maresca scored the winning goal. The Amaranto caused the Bianconeri disappointment in the first leg match played at the Granillo. In fact, thanks to goals by Colucci and Zamboni, Reggina conquered an historical win.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
This might be a very difficult match. I think we will have to fight really hard to get the 3 points.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Our match is on saturday and we must concentrate on our performance first, get the three points, move away from milan, and then sit back and wait for their match wich is a day after

IMO we shouldnt change formation wich brought us three consecutive victories in three very tough matches

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
buffon
zebina thuram cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Blasi
Nedved
Striker Striker

or

buffon
zebina thuram cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Blasi
Nedved Kapo/Del Piero
striker

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Nedved con il gruppo

La Juventus ha ripreso la preparazione al centro Sisport, dopo il giorno di riposo concesso da mister Capello e con il gruppo è tornato anche Pavel Nedved, che già la scorsa settimana aveva avuto l’o.k. del Professor Benech per riprendere gli allenamenti.

Juventus.com
------------------------------------

Nedved has trained with the team

I hope he will start on saturday;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
somehow Nedved's return became a nuissance... there is no place for him in 433.. should we change the only formation that gives us consistent good result just because the return of one player?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
somehow Nedved's return became a nuissance... there is no place for him in 433.. should we change the only formation that gives us consistent good result just because the return of one player?
Agreed. The 4-3-3 has been a lot better than the 4-4-2 so far but Capello is not going to play Camoranesi, Emerson and Nedved in midfield with three forwards on the field. We haven't conceded much with the 4-3-3 but more importantly we're a better attacking team when we use this formation.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
even i wouldnt play Nedved Emerson and Camo in midfield unless we sure the other team dont want to attack anymore.. 3 forwards is already a compromise enough attacking wise... if we gonna play 1 DM, we need to play at most 442... putting both Nedved and Camo in a 433 would clip their wings as the 3 in mid are some tactically strict positions..

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i diasagree although nedved and camo are predominanatley attacking players they are hard working and do a lot of vital tracking back, also with this system there would not be the same constant need for zebina and zambro to constantly get forward so they will not be caught out of position, im not saying its a formation and sarting 11 to use all the time but i def see cap using it on some occasssion and im looking forward to seeing how it works out

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
New formation (which we will never see)

buffon
zebina thuram cannavaro zambrotta
olivera/kapo Camo Emerson Nedved
Striker Striker

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
i diasagree although nedved and camo are predominanatley attacking players they are hard working and do a lot of vital tracking back, also with this system there would not be the same constant need for zebina and zambro to constantly get forward so they will not be caught out of position, im not saying its a formation and sarting 11 to use all the time but i def see cap using it on some occasssion and im looking forward to seeing how it works out
its not about tracking back to defend...if we play 3 midfield, i want players who stay put in their postion to keep the shape of the formation....they also have to be very steady with possession... thiis creteria wont allow the players to hold the ball to long....which is where Camo and Nedved is at the disadvantage...

allthe attacking creativity should be on the shoulders of the attackers...mainly using the spread out wingside...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

we all want us to crush them but lets ne honest we never crush any1

i think it will be 2-0

forza roma - for once i hope totti does well
Totti is suspended

++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Totti to face ban for tirade? Wednesday 9 March, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti and Roma have been deferred to the Disciplinary Commission after the captain suggested their match with Juventus was fixed.

Totti could receive a one-match ban if the statements are found to be particularly harsh, but with the time it takes for the Commission to deliver its verdict, that means he’d be suspended for the Serie A showdown with Milan on March 20.

It is far more likely that the player and club will merely be handed a fine for their reaction to that controversial defeat to Juventus.

Aug 1, 2003
I would prefer to start with 433 and should we be in a comfortable lead or so Nedved can come on in the second half and see how it goes from there and gradually regain his form

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
This might be a very difficult match . I think we will have to fight really hard to get the 3 points.
there is no easy one in calcio
maybe in La Liga or EPL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)