[Serie A] Juventus - Parma (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Gila begins raid on Turin Saturday 14 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Gilardino talks about his future and tomorrow’s trip to the Stadio Delle Alpi, as Parma aim to trip up the Serie A leaders.

“We’re not coming up to Turin for a sightseeing tour,” warned the hitman on the official Parma website.

“We desperately need points for our survival and even a draw would be very important for us. We’ll face Juventus without fear and don’t want to repeat our game against Milan, where we felt beaten before we’d even started.”

The Bianconeri are three points clear at the top of the table, but on the previous two occasions have slipped up days later to allow Milan back in. Will it happen again with the relegation battlers?

“So many clubs have lost titles because they failed to beat the minnows,” pointed out Gilardino. “We have nothing to lose and that can be a great advantage in this sport, where anything can happen.”

It will be a particularly special occasion for the Italian international, who this week saw Parma slap a £34m price-tag on him. Among those clubs looking to capture his signature are Milan and Juventus.

“It is certainly a boost to be valued so highly, as the Gialloblu continue to believe in me. There’ll be time for transfer talk in the summer, but right now my mind is focused solely on taking this side to safety. The club and city of Parma deserve to be in the top flight.”

The latest reports suggest that Milan are in pole position to tempt the striker away from the Tardini, although he does have strong links with Juventus.

“It is true that I was a bit of a Bianconeri supporter as a child and used to go to the home games with my father. I am from Biella, a little town near to Turin, and saw the greats like Roberto Baggio, Michel Platini and Gianluca Vialli. But never fear, I won’t let childhood memories hold me back this Sunday!”

Parma will need all the help they can get, as they are without the suspended Matteo Contini, Fabio Simplicio and Fabio Vignaroli, while Daniele Bonera, Stefano Bettarini and Marco Marchionni are injured.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Saturday 14 May, 2005

The Bianconeri could unleash the trident attack on Parma with the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the club remains tight-lipped.

Juventus took a three-point lead at the top of the table with their win at Milan last week and now face a tricky test against the Gialloblu.

It is rumoured that David Trezeguet will be rested in favour of top scorer Ibrahimovic – back from a three-match ban for an off the ball incident on Inter’s Ivan Cordoba – and on-form Alessandro Del Piero.

However, new reports suggest that Fabio Capello could return to the 4-3-3 system that proved so successful earlier this season. It was scuppered by injuries to the main players and could make a surprise comeback at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Del Piero is certain to start because of his fine record against Parma – he has scored 11 goals past them, more than any other club in his career. The Tardini side have only ever won here once, a 4-2 result in 1998-99 that prompted Marcello Lippi’s resignation.

The club is continuing to hold on to its Press blackout in protest at a spate of ‘damaging’ stories about Juve, but journalists were able to ask Lapo Elkann if he thought the Scudetto was in the bag.

“Until we are mathematically assured of first place, the title is certainly up for grabs,” said the heir to the Agnelli throne and Vice-President of FIAT. “All we can do is hope and cheer them on.”

There will be more fans that usual at the Delle Alpi this weekend, as a set of tickets have been sold to women and children under the age of 14 for just one Euro (60p).

-----------

Channel4.com

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Use the trident, and we'll win....;)

Parma needs to be broken down fairly quickly, otherwise we won't get the result we want

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
i'm really pissed off , the fu**ing (AD SPORT CHANNEL) will broadcast the match of Roma-Lazio !!

who cares about Roma's derby ?

juve is playing for the scudetto and they want us to watch the stupid derby Live.

GEEEZ

Guys keep in touch here and let us know everything about Juve's match please.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Carmignani takes Juve chance
Sunday 15 May, 2005
Parma have already held Juventus to a draw this season and expect to take even more points off the leaders this afternoon, according to Pietro Carmignani.

“In football you have to try and pick up points wherever possible, so when a chance arrives, you have to make the most of it,” said the Gialloblu boss. “We know we can get a result in Turin and will we certainly won’t lie down and die simply because they are giants of the sport.”

The Tardini side has been battling against relegation all season, but two wins on the trot have put them into a position where another three points will mathematically seal their safety. However, Carmignani must do without suspended trio Matteo Contini, Fabio Vignaroli and Fabio Simplicio, while Daniele Bonera, Stefano Bettarini, Luca Bucci and Marco Marchionni are injured.

“There are only 18 players available for this trip,” revealed the tactician. “If someone gets a cold, we’ll be down to 17, while I’ve had to take four players away from our Youth Team sector that is challenging for the final stages of its own season. We’re really scraping around for players this weekend.”

Carmignani did reveal some concerns about the squad he will start with at the Stadio Delle Alpi. “I have one doubt between Camara and Mark Bresciano on the left flank. I might change my system if Juve employ the trident attack with David Trezeguet, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alessandro Del Piero.”

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #317
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    May 12, Juventus played a friendly match against Chisola. Juve
    won the match 7-1 (Trez x2, Ibra x2, Mutu, Kapo, Zalayeta). Mutu played for 90 minutes and was the best in the field (too bad he will only be able to play the last match of the season); Trez played only 65' due to cramps.

The team Capello fielded was:
    Chimenti, Birindelli, Masiello, Ferrara, Pessotto; Olivera, Blasi, Kapo,
    Mutu; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet.
    In the second half, Boneffoi, Zalayeta and Appiah replaced Chimenti,
    Trez and Pessotto.

Source: mailing list
    How did Masiello perform during that game? And is that formation 4-4-2?

Nov 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_The_Best ] ++
    i'm really pissed off , the fu**ing (AD SPORT CHANNEL) will broadcast the match of Roma-Lazio !!

who cares about Roma's derby ?

juve is playing for the scudetto and they want us to watch the stupid derby Live.

GEEEZ

Guys keep in touch here and let us know everything about Juve's match please.
    British Eurosport is doing the same thing .... What the hell is wrong with these channels??!!!!!:fero::frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)