[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (33 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
No team chemistry at all, made extremely evident by the fact a midfield with 3 ball winners was being easily stretched.

All we do is send longballs from the defence and hope some1 wins a freekick. If were going to use a trequartista, let alone an ant sized 1, play the ball on the ground. That's our main problem in general. We cant string together more than a handful of passes along the ground, with the majority of these passes being balls sent back to the cb's or Gigi.

Luckily we have an international break to get things sorted, but playing away to Napoli wont be easy. If Ranieri wants to keep his job, a convincing win there would help his cause, otherwise he sould go. The team should be improving this season, not getting worse. Also, luckily were only 4 pts off top spot. Things can change very fast, IF we turn things around now. We havent reached the critical period yet, but if we continue along this path were fucked.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
No team chemistry at all, made extremely evident by the fact a midfield with 3 ball winners was being easily stretched.

All we do is send longballs from the defence and hope some1 wins a freekick. If were going to use a trequartista, let alone an ant sized 1, play the ball on the ground. That's our main problem in general. We cant string together more than a handful of passes along the ground, with the majority of these passes being balls sent back to the cb's or Gigi.

Luckily we have an international break to get things sorted, but playing away to Napoli wont be easy. If Ranieri wants to keep his job, a convincing win there would help his cause, otherwise he sould go. The team should be improving this season, not getting worse. Also, luckily were only 4 pts off top spot. Things can change very fast, IF we turn things around now. We havent reached the critical period yet, but if we continue along this path were fucked.
I'm worried about after the winter break, we always play our worst football then but surely it cant get any worse?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
wow now we get owned in our own turf!!.. That was the next step really.

2 More failures like this, and i think ranieri will get the boot.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
This team isn't Juventus. And it is not only Ranieri's mistake. Something isn't going well with our managgement and with the players we buy. Look at them: Tiago, Almiron, Molinaro, Poulsen, Knezevic. Wtf???? who thinks we are Sienna or something like this??? Something needs to change now. Or we will get smaller and smaller...

Are these are depressing, but it's true and someone must do something now...

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Ranieri lost game after his stupid worst substitutions...Nedved on Gio.....pffff......but CAMORANESI ON POULSEN...no comments......score is 1-1,u playin 1-1, what a genius u need to be, to change DM on AM in this sutiation!?!?! he didn't notice, that Simplicio - Liverani - Tedesco is fuckin too hard for alone Marchisio in midfield!?!?!?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventino[RUS];1764803 said:
Ranieri lost game after his stupid worst substitutions...Nedved on Gio.....pffff......but CAMORANESI ON POULSEN...no comments......score is 1-1,u playin 1-1, what a genius u need to be, to change DM on AM in this sutiation!?!?! he didn't notice, that Simplicio - Liverani - Tedesco is fuckin too hard for alone Marchisio in midfield!?!?!?
:wallbang:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
some of you who complain we went for quantity instead of quality are really smart...
4 of our best centre backs are injured ... what would have changed if we did not go for mellberg and knezevic and instead got player X (even if you would not have got any decent player for the added sum mellberg and kneze did cost)?

the result was that we had to start this game with only one real centre-back instead of two ... yeah, right ... that would have changed the result of this game ... but not to the good !

none of your fantasy league centre backs were available and willing to come to us, so how can you blame the board for taking what is on the market ?

you can blame ranieri though for the performance of the squad, even if i think that it was not totally unrealistic that some of the old guard did play against the coach ...
Quality defenders also mean reliable, isnt it??
And it doesnt mean that we had to less any less in numbers, but having reliable and classy CB for ex, instead of Melleberg and Knezevic AND Andrade would be the wisest choice.
Andrade was finished and we all knew that, Mellberg is just cheap and should be brought only as a back up solution and Knezevic isnt any better than Criscito or any other youngster we could hold for free.
Zapata+Criscito is still > Andrade+Mellberg+Knezevic...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As horribly as the team played in the first half with eleven players, we were doing okay with ten in the second half and had a fair amount of control over the game.

However, Ranieri managed to fuck that up by taking off Poulsen. As soon as Poulsen went off our defence was left horribly exposed because Simplicio was left with too much time.

I have no problem with bringing Camo on, but it should have been for Del Piero or Giovinco or maybe Marchisio.

A mention to our defenders today though, especially Grygera and Knezevic. They did a very good job at maintaining our defensive shape. Ultimately, though, they were left with too much to do.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think he deserves a little credit for going for the win instead of settling for the draw...Poulsen was having a pretty crappy match throughout

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nah.

A draw was the best we were ever going to manage.

We were playing horribly and down to ten men. It was the wrong time to gamble and it just looked like desperation to me.

There have been plenty other games he should have been more adventurous but hasn't been.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nah.

A draw was the best we were ever going to manage.

We were playing horribly and down to ten men. It was the wrong time to gamble and it just looked like desperation to me.

There have been plenty other games he should have been more adventurous but hasn't been.
I agree.

But put yourself in Ranieri's place. He saw a chance to turn things around.
Imagine what he was thinking... "we're playing with 10 men, we were 0:1 down. If i put more attacking players on, if i go for the win even though we play with 10 AND if we win this match then i'll be a hero. Everyone will be praising me and my bravery. After this a 2 week break follows and we can work on fixing the mistakes while being full of confidence"

The poor old fool saw his chance today and he took the risk. There was a minimal chance for him to succeed and a huge possibility Palermo to score a goal and beat us, but i guess for him this was THE chance to turn things around.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
I think he deserves a little credit for going for the win instead of settling for the draw...Poulsen was having a pretty crappy match throughout
One thing is going for the win and willing the win, but another is that you aren't able to win a lot of matches in a row despite your rivals stregth and can't even manage to construct the team play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)