[SERIE A] Juventus - Palermo (5th October, 2008) (60 Viewers)

Should Ranieri quit/be fired after this result?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
yes winning is something more in the world, but think of the years ahead, what about our youngsters, what will happen to them?
the only thing that will happen is that he will have the balls to make the right call when we need it

the youngsters will play if they are good enough

Jul 18, 2002
Source: Channel4.com

Ranieri feels the heat

Claudio Ranieri's Juventus job hangs in the balance as the home defeat to Palermo “hurts us deeply.”

The Coach was already under fire after three straight draws against Catania, Sampdoria and BATE Borisov, but the situation deteriorated further this afternoon.

Momo Sissoko was sent off in the first half and they lost 2-1 at the Stadio Olimpico to Palermo, ending their unbeaten run in all competition.

“This is a difficult moment, but we want to fight back and have everything needed to do that. The lads did all they could.

“It is a defeat that hurts us deeply and we wanted the victory. It wasn't easy to play with 10 men, but I don't want to seek excuses.”

Alessandro Del Piero had equalised Fabrizio Miccoli's opener after the dismissal, but 19-year-old Levan Mchedlidze grabbed the winner late on with his first Serie A goal.

“We actually did more than Palermo in the second half when they had the extra man, but our opponents deserve credit for striking on the counter-attack. It was a static encounter.”

There has been newspaper talk that Ciro Ferrara is ready to take over, as the 'old guard' is turning against its Coach.

“The veterans are not against me, as was written in the papers. Having said that, the results do not back us up either.”

Ranieri came under fire for his tactical choices recently and left Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi on the bench.

“Nedved had to recuperate after playing many games, while Camoranesi was not 100 per cent fit and I preferred to keep him for the second half.”

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Really bad result and performance. I have backed Ranieri up till now but I think after todays game I think Ranieri should be replaced as manager.
I fail to understand why he didn't start nedved or camoranesi. Sissoko is very inconsistent and Giovinco cannnot go past every Palermo player - he needs some support ie. Nedved and Camoranesi.
Unlucky to lose Mellberg to injury but defence was really bad as we missed chiellini and legro.

Raneri out this weekend and this gives us 2 weeks to find a replacement - Lippi

Disease

Jan 4, 2003
Speak for yourself. There's no comparison between Capello and Ranieri.
Key phrase: "The most hated", not "the least competent".
We played violent, ugly football under Capello. Yeah, he's way more competent than CR, but I loathe the guy. Just stating my opinion.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
This result surely brought smile on Deschamp's face.
:sigh: Why did we get Ranieri instead of DD. Yes, DD's overcautiousness drove me nuts at first, but he got the results we needed and he had a good relationship with the team.

:agree:

no way Ale was MOTM...has to be De Ceglie or Marchisio
Juve's new deadly dou! :D

That honour goes to Capello.
Yeah, we won, but we won ugly. I still shudder each time I recall Juve under him.
Me too! We could so easily have lost those games. Ranieri's team seems to be copying Capello's score, then defend policy, but this time, we're losing points because of it. AAAarrrrggghhh!

Yes, but the opposing teams play on the same pitch.
:agree: No matter what state the pitch, it's the same for both teams.

What's your team rating, Dom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)