SERIE A: Juventus - Modena (4 Viewers)

Feb 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Forza_La_Juve ] ++
What is all this "Sell DiVaio talk" I completely agree, but
didn't you guys read the news a few weeks back, he has
signed a new contract until like 2008 or 2009 :(
Ok then, just loan him. But, the new contract is just to make sure that Di Vaio aren't going anywhere for free.

++ [ originally posted by Forza_La_Juve ] ++
it appears that Trezegol might leave. Such a stupid decision. Is Lippi Mad???????? I would laugh if Trezegol gets hot and actually
win's the Cappocannoniere (spelling?) crown over Shevchenko.
Forza Trez. Big mistake if they sell.
Im fine to see Treze leave IF we can find someone better. But I'm not sure about that. Even Vieri isn't good enough to sub Trez :down:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Who is better? Cavenaghi or Trez.
I've never seen Cavenaghi play before
I have seen Cavenaghi play many times, and I think he is fantastic. He has a big future but nobody can predict if he would excel in Serie A. It is a difficult league for strikers. Trezeguet is proven in Serie A, one the world's deadliest inside the area. Cavenaghi is too young to step right into a starting role at Juve so Trezeguet needs to stay on for a while. It would be nice to have Miccoli and Cavenaghi together for the future.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We won .....i say that we deserved the win... but just by a very very little margin, as Modena pressed us a lot after the 2-1 score. There were more or less 10 minutes of Modena´s attacks, and Trezeguet´s 2nd goal was offside, but he finished it very well.
I think we were a bit lucky to not receive another goal as the game was opened for both teams.

Buffon: Another Good display for him. Did some good saves and was very sure in the air.

Ferrara: Did too little , but the few minutes he was on the pitch was beaten by makunkula.

Birindelli: Average performance at max. Did some mistakes at the back and few tough tackels.

Thuram: Was ok, but better performance in comparison with the last games. After a Camoransi´s error, he did the tackle of the game just a second before a helpless buffon was already beaten.

Pessoto: Did his work. Lippi did the right choice here because in that moment both teams were attacking too much and leaving the defence too disorganized.

Zambrotta: WE missed this guy. His runs thrugh the left flank were a constant problem to modena´s defence line. He did a good tackle in front of the goal, when a modena striker tried to do an overhead kick too close of buffon. Good game for zambro.

Tachinardi: Good passes sometimes, but in other occations did some mistakes and lose the ball.

Appiah: I dont know about this guy,.,, i mean.. he have a very good footwork but his passes and shots leave a lot to desire. Today he improved his performance thou. Did a good display in one occation when juventus was pressed in their area, he started the counter with class. Maybe he need another oppotunity next season.

Maresca: A good performance overall. His passes were very good, and maybe the best in attack together with camoranesi. Good header and it seems that he have great skill in taking freekickcs... just need to practice more. A bit overexcited sometimes and his change was spot on because he was too tired. It seems that he cant end a match.

Camoranesi: Another "gemini" performance from him. IN some occations did very good dribbles, passes and crosses... but in others, lost the ball too much and leaving the defence opened up.
It seemed that the Modena´s defenders were not marking him, because he did all what he wanted in modena´s area. He was very atcive today.

Nedved: Not his best peformance. Wasted too many good chances to pass, and it seems that he doesnt want to shoot to the goal. He needs to improve but was very active today ruunig all over the field.

Di Vaio: I think he was the worst on the pitch. Did some moves which ended in nothing. Too many offsides. Had a shot ong oal with an overhead kick, which was very good... but nothing more.

Trezeguet: He was totally absent in the first half..... maybe even the whole match, but like the great poacher he is, he was when needed to score. Wasted one real chance in front of the keeper but was not his fault, the keeper did well there.Wasted another chance with a header, but was a good try. His secodn goal was offside... but he managed to solve the play very well.

Lippi: His changes were accurated today!.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
we are second (for the time being)

only 9 points from Milan.. and 2 points ahead of Roma who have one match less.. so things are a bit better..

it was a fair result IMO.. the guys did what they had to do specially in the 2nd half.. Modena played a good match yesterday but, their finishing was not that great.. buffon did some good saves, thuram and biri did some last second clearance too.. but birindelli was awful at some stages of the match which calls again for our need for a RB if lippi was to play thuram in CB next season..

our mid was.. ok. apart from camo's individual show (ok, he played well most of the time).. but what worries me is Nedved performance.. he made a good run all over the pitch but.. he is not the nedved we know..
maresca played a good match either.. taccinardi: fair display..
Zambrotta: good running on the left flank, did some good crosses and shots on the goal.. good to see him back.. we really missed him..

trezeguet was good.. his second goal was an obvious offside, but he deserved to score more than one goal..
DV.. his system is shut-down.. I think we didn't schedule a back-up job for him yet.. or, maybe it's running in the background..!!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
is it on saturday?

let's hope we will win this...i believe in our boys...and trez, maresca, zambro, birindelli are all back, se i think we will win ;)

btw will dp be back against inter?

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i wanted to be here last nite, but cudnt :down:

anyway, i sed at the beginning of this thread that we're gonna win......and maresca will score :D

i'm a bit worried of our next 3 encounters :stress: inter, lazio, parma. not putting high hopes :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)