[Serie A] Juventus - Milan (6 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Info about the referee

Referee Paolo Bertini from Arezzo will take charge of the top-of-the-table clash between Juve and Milan on Saturday evening at the 'Delle Alpi' stadium (kick-off 8.30pm CET).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Info about the referee

Referee Paolo Bertini from Arezzo will take charge of the top-of-the-table clash between Juve and Milan on Saturday evening at the 'Delle Alpi' stadium (kick-off 8.30pm CET).
let us hope he is biased towards us to annoy the living crap of the milan farts who come here :D

May 30, 2004
i kno this is offtopic but as we were discussing ronaldo earlier .. we are playing real madrid in da champs league.. and well we ll see if juve isnt as good as he really thinks lets see him get past da defence and buffon..... madrid are madrid though its gonna be a reaaaalllly tough match i hope we eliminate like last time as dat day was one of da best days in my life .. forreal

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I understand what you mean Modo, but I am not confident of the encounter, as it is early to tell and no one knows who will stay in form or will lose form

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They are the ones nervous now, they have their CL campaign being threatened and they have their worries on the League table

Bershitconi wants to buy Nedved and Zlatan now :rofl:
he thinks this is his only chance to win over Juventus

May 30, 2004
na he dint he just said he wuld like them not to play .... and by the way am frikin nervous i just visited channel4 while studying and now i cant study no more .. got a friking exam tomoro.... some one from juve shuld post a comment on how confident they are to beat madrid koz am fuked until then... just words will help

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaka22 ] ++

Man that is my opinion and I'm sure a lot of other guys share it.I told you I don't like him.That is it.I would not want him to coach Milan!Yeah Italy had a great world cup and a great euro with his quidence:rolleyes:I don't know why is so interesting for you to constantly quote me?:) Do you think Trap is a good coach?
For once I agree with you, and go further to say that I think Trap's senile.:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So on the walk to the subway on the way to work this morning, I'm wearing my Juve warm-up jacket, as usual -- something I bought at the Torino Juvestore :thumb: before the Coppa final earlier this year. (While you see people in S.F. wearing Roma or Milan garb on occasion, I'm about the only person in this city who wears anything Juve ... I must stick out a mile away.)

Passing by a home undergoing some reconstruction, some contractor guy with an accent takes a look at my jacket and is immediately compelled to blurt out, "Juve SUCKS!!!! .... A.C. Milano! [sic]"

If this were last season, there would have been a much stronger element of truth to his statement. But this season? Yeah ... it was pretty clear that his reaction was entirely out of resentment of our success thus far. :D

Of course, that he said "A.C. Milano [sic]" made me realize he's probably not a Milanista and just your average Eurotrash anticipating tomorrow's big match. But I'll take it. The more visceral reaction Juve gets like this, the better we must be doing. :thumb:

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Bershitconi wants to buy Nedved and Zlatan now :rofl:
he thinks this is his only chance to win over Juventus

he,he,he,he!jeeks can't read!!!:DSo now its all clear to me about your posts!!:LOL:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he would be glad to come away from tomorrow night’s Delle Alpi stadium clash with a draw.

“We don’t need to win at all costs. A draw would suit me fine,” said Ancelotti, who led Juventus to two consecutive second place finishes before joining AC Milan.

Ancelotti also stated he is still undecided on how many strikers he intends to field against the Old Lady.

“I might play with just one striker, but I can’t exclude possible surprises. Last season I played in the same manner at Roma, and we won the match,” he said.

Milan trail Serie A leaders Juventus by four points in the standings.
:rofl:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Serie A Preview: Juventus-AC Milan

In the biggest game of the season so far, Serie A leaders Juventus host second placed Milan in what promises to be an exciting game. The Stadio Delle Alpi will be full to capacity as Juve look to further distance themselves from a Milan side in hot pursuit of the leaders. If the Bianconeri win on Saturday it will put a massive seven points between the sides.
BACKGROUND

AC Milan visit Juventus in great form and good spirits following an impressive run of performances in Serie A. After a minor blip at the beginning of the season Ancelotti’s men have put pressure on Juventus by keeping them firmly within their grasp. Serie A already looks like a two horse race with six points between Milan and third placed Udinese. If Milan allow the Bianconeri victory then it will make winning the Scudetto more complicated, whilst a victory would blow the championship wide open. Milan certainly have a squad of players capable of beating any team around, with European Player of the Year Andriy Shevchenko amongst their ranks.

Milan’s form has become increasingly more impressive as the season has gone on, culminating in their stunning 6-0 victory over Fiorentina last weekend. Milan were clearly not playing to their potential at the start of the season and could have found themselves further from Juventus if not for Andriy Shevchenko’s goals. The Ukrainian has been in spectacular form this season and the accolade of European Player of the Year is well deserved. Brazilian midfielder Kaka has recently recovered the form that saw him take Serie A by storm last season to add to Milan’s potency in attack. With Pippo Inzaghi’s well-documented injury problems Crespo was seen as the perfect alternative by Ancelotti and the Argentinean is finally living up to his reputation. In their destruction of Fiorentina, the trio of Shevchenko, Kaka and Crespo showed how effective they can be when fielded together and will pose a major threat to Juventus’ impressive defensive record.

Whilst continuing to pick up vital victories in the league, Juventus have looked shaky in recent games. Last week’s controversial last gasp winner from Nedved gave the Bianconeri a hard fought victory against Bologna in a match they could easily have lost. Bianconeri coach Fabio Capello repeatedly stated that his players are starting to tire and will be looking forward to the Christmas break. Despite a recent slump in performances, Juventus have been consistently impressive this season, getting results regardless of the performance.

The Bianconeri have been leading the way throughout the campaign thanks to Fabio Capello’s intelligent tactics and hard-working squad, but newfound defensive strength is they factor in their success. The acquisition of Fabio Cannavaro from Inter has helped turn Juve’s defence into the most miserly unit in Italy, whilst Emerson in midfield has ensured the team gives little possession away. However, Alessandro Del Piero is still looking for his best form after a series of injury setbacks, whilst his partnership with Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still in its infancy. Despite this minor setback, Juventus have so far managed to score the goals needed to see them at the top of the league.

Last season Juve struggled in games against the Rossoneri. This tie ended 3-1 to the Milan side with Shevchenko and a Clarence Seedorf double putting the tie beyond Juve. It was their first win in Turin since 1999 and ended a run of four consecutive defeats at the Delle Alpi. Given both sides impressive form, the result looks extremely difficult to predict.

FORM GUIDE

Juventus (all competitions – oldest result first): WWDWDW

Drawing away to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Champions League meant that Juve finished top of their group having conceded just one goal in the process and remaining unbeaten. Capello’s men have continued to grind out important victories regardless of their performance.

Milan (all competitions – oldest result first): WWWWDW

AC Milan are also in great form at the moment and will be in confident mood following their humiliating destruction of Fiorentina last weekend. Ancelotti’s men face Juventus at the perfect time as they look to carry on with their impressive run.

TEAM NEWS

Juventus:
David Trezeguet is still recovering from a shoulder operation and is some way off a return whilst Ruben Olivera is also out of the match. Aside from these players, Capello has a full squad of players to pick from and will most probably pick the same side that narrowly defeated Bologna last weekend.

Milan:
Carlo Ancelotti must do without Stam, Inzaghi, Simic, Tomasson and Abiati for this match. Despite such a lengthy injury list, the Milan coach is still able to field an extremely impressive side with the trio of Shevchenko, Crespo and Kaka looking to continue their hot streak.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Juventus:
This will be the biggest game in a Juventus shirt for Ibrahimovic so far. The Swede has been impressive since his surprise move from Ajax in the summer and will be a major threat to Milan. Strong and powerful, the striker is also blessed with great technical ability and can cause problems for any defence. Whilst the Swedish international is still adapting to life in Serie A, it is a matter of time before he develops into one of the best in the world.

AC Milan:
Andriy Shevchenko has scored some important goals against the Bianconeri during his time with Milan and will be in confident mood on Saturday. The Ukrainian superstar has been on top of his game this season scoring consistently and helping Milan to victory during their shaky patches. After his European Player of the Year award the striker will be extremely confident of hurting Juventus.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Juventus:
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Del Piero

AC Milan:
Dida, Cafu, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Crespo, Shevchenko

PREDICTION

With passions running high, this game will be extremely difficult to call. Juventus go into he tie with less pressure, knowing that they will remain top regardless of the outcome. Milan need to secure a victory in order to close the gap and will test Juve’s defence to the limit. A draw is the most probable outcome, which would suit Juventus.

Juventus 2-2 AC Milan

goal.com

Aug 26, 2003
I could also live with a draw, but i want a win! I just saw Top 24 clubs and Juve is first, also an interview of Thuram and Buffon, just cool!

I am very confident we will make a good match!

forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)