[Serie A] Juventus - Chievo (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
3-0 flatters Juve. Chievo came out of the tunnel with a positive frame of mind and bossed the early exchanges. The defence was shaky at times as the visitors created too many quality chances for my liking and really should have scored.

Buffon commanded his area very well and denied Tiribocchi a goal late on in the match. 6.5

Birindelli put in a good shift limiting Franceschini well and did a bit of attacking too. Tested Marchegiani with a crisply hit free kick nine minutes into the game. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious. 6.5

Thuram wore the captain's armband and set up Ibrahimovic with a superb long ball, but wasn't as good as he has been in recent times. He didn't make any astronomical errors but like the entire defence, wasn't as solid as we would like him to be. 6

Cannavaro displayed his strength and other defensive qualities like he always does, but the defence wasn't as organised as we've seen so far this season. I don't know if it's because Lilian and Fabio aren't used to playing with Biri and Pesso right now or because Tacchinardi was in central midfield and not Emerson, but today's cleansheet is a misleading fact. 6

Pessotto's duel with Semioli was a very interesting one and I think he won it in the first half, but the Chievo right-winger had more space than he should've had to work with in the second period and put in some dangerous crosses. A relatively good performance though. 6

Camoranesi mixed some good with some bad. He got forward alot in the first half but not to any real effective as some of his crosses were poor to say the least but did make a couple of good runs. 6

Tacchinardi disappointed me, but I kind of expected that would happen seeing as he's hardly played this season. His passing wasn't very good and neither was his tackling. The lack of defensive cover on his part resulted in some good opportunities for Chievo. 5

Blasi did well imo. He hustled as usual winning quite a few challenges, and distributed the ball intelligently. He also held the ball up when necessary and the assist for Zalayeta was just brilliant. 6.5

Nedved's performance was quite unlike the ones against Siena and Roma. The Czech celebrated his 100th appearance in a Juve shirt with a stunning strike and was lively throughout. He gave Marchegiani a scare or two in the first half and passed the ball well. He worked extremely hard and was my MOTM. 7.5

Zalayeta continues to prove his doubters wrong game after game. He took his goal well and set up a Nedved shot with a nice backheel. Keep it up. 6.5

Ibrahimovic still looks a bit uncertain out there and I don't think he was very good. He contributed to Zalayeta's goal and scored a nice one himself, but apart from that didn't do a whole lot. 6

Kapo looks promising. His technique is good and he's not afraid to take on defenders. I'd like to see some more of this kid. 6

Tudor, Ferrara - no rating.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
Good win, i loved that neddy and zala and zlatan all scored, it gives them a boost in their confidence.

Now we will go the olympic stadium and WIPE bayern out. I hope we thrash them soo bad and then they get beaten by ajax and not qualify. Now i hate bayern.

-Back to the match, i think it was very smart by capello introducing kapo so early in the match and it payed off.
-zlatan had a good game and scored which is the best a striker can have in a game. Neddy proved he is stiill one of the world's best.

- the defence was a little rocky, but this was bound to happen cuz half of the defence was changed. Thats why i would like to see more of the defenders on the bench , so they can adapt with eachother and when we will need them(like today) they would be solid together.

-blasi and tacchi had a good game, they combined well, and blasi proved his worth and had an assit. However tacchi needs more time to get his game back his best, two yrs ago he wouldn't have one misspass the whole game.

-buffon , what can i say?they say that toldo is superman of italy, well i say that buffon is superman of the world, simply wonderfull game.

IN UR FACE ZEMANN , U IGNORANT ****
gigi knew he would become a world superman even from his parma days! :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A good match for not having the likes of Emerson, Zambrotta, and Zebina at our disposal. Again Zalayeta has proved you haters wrong with his intelligent play, who adds a spark to the team which negates the connotation of a "worthless sloth", which some people have called him in the past (yes that's you Libero).

Of course its hard to judge on a match against inferior opposition like Chievo, but the midfield seems to have coped well without Emerson, which is a good sign. We cannot always rely on our top players to get the job done. Overall a good match, but not perfect.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
exactly.

we could win with 3 goals difference and clean sheet without emerson and with some players of our "second" defence.
'
this victory is even more important!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Now let us crush some Bayern arse in München

i am not so sure we will try so hard for this victory.

we are pretty tired from 2 matches in 4 days and we have already qualified basically.

i think we'll draw with bayern

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Although most/all of you might not think so, imo we missed Emerson pretty much. Our defence was inconsistent in this game, and it wasn't the same defence from the previous rounds. And that is due to Emerson's absence, who helps defence a lot during the game and who is one of the main reasons that Juve has the best defensive record so far.

Aug 10, 2002
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++

actually he was doing really well the whole match just the last minutes he seemed to not care since we secure the points that we need...
but he did miss alot the thing is ..he and zlatan seem to njoy to hold on to the ball for quite some time....
I dunno i dont think he did well. His defending was ok but some of his first touches are very poor and sometimes he could put in more effort. His crosses were very bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)