[Serie A] Juventus - Chievo (09-05-2011) (1 Viewer)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Freaking disaster...watched only the first half,then checked the score saw 2:0 was pretty confident we'll win it.but again we proved that we can't do it and do not belong to European football tournaments.I really hope that big changes will be made over the summer.fuck this shit.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This result is ridiculous... Actually i'm not shock, this become the habit for us. Conceded in the last minute, Can't maintain 2 goals lead.. Cesena, Catania, Chievo twice which i remember and there is other game too.. If the things keep repeating again, it's not a coincidence anymore. There some problem on Del Neri and our players..

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
What do you expect from a team which can't afford their own jerseys. We play with away jerseys at home. Of course Blanc is doing very well in finance division. Bullshit, don't get your hopes high for next season, will try to maintain status-quo, qualifications for champions league will be a dream come true in the coming seasons, and we will risk getting relegated from time to time.

These moments are more difficult than the ones when we were sent to Serie B, we knew we had a good team and we knew we weren't guilty, and we had someone to blame (Inter, Milan ect) but now we are left with marrota and delneri, and some pathetic ''football players''.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Its a shame when just 5 years ago we got upset about not winning the CL now we cant even make it into the Europa League... what a fucking load of shit us fans have been put through. Stay strong friends (or alive.. depends how long it takes :D) hopefully one day we will together watch us be great again.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Wow. I didn't see the Chievo goals but if this doesn't mean that we need to put defense as our priority then what does? Beck and Ziegler may not suffice. A manager that knows how to organise a defense is imperative next season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Ok so here is my match review being that I was there in person to witness the self deprecation this team constantly subjects itself to.

Buffon - Not much for him to do last night except the one play where he ran about 20 yds up field and almost put us down 3-2.

Barzagli - I said it in 2006 before he left for Bundesliga and I say it again now, this guy fucking sucks.

Chiellini - A machine, simply remarkable but he plays alongside trashcans so it doesn't do him any good because 1 man can't defend the entire back.

Motta - He doesn't know WTF he's doing out there

Grosso - Ah my beloved Fabio, I saw the grease dripping and players slipping in it all night. I also saw what I considered 2 obvious hand balls but I guess the refs were too enamored with his kerosene soaked merkin he wears on top of his head than his actual violations.

Pepe - Its been said before and it remains the same that this guy is an athlete, a hustle man, a worker but it looks like he started learning how to play the game yesterday.

Injuryman - Great in the first half IMO but tapers off as usual as the game proceeds.

Marchisio - Didn't do much last night and appeared to be a non-factor IMO

ADP - Brilliant last night, I am still aroused from seeing him net one.

Matri - Out playing his expectations but I would like to know his contract situation at the end of the season

Del Neri - The man simply doesn't give a fuck. I'll post a full review of him in his thread later. I have much to say about him and have some opinions from the fans here as well.

All I can say is that the entire evening was amazing minus the 2-3 minutes where our team decided to sit back like the crowd and watch Chievo net 2 quick goals. Overall a wonderful experience that I hope I can say is not a once in a lifetime deal.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What an odd game this was. Unlike a lot of people, I don't think it was amusing, let alone funny.
I really can't be bothered to go into great detail about the individual performances, but I do have a few remarks.

- One (small) moment of bad luck is enough to ruin an entire game. We were playing decent enough (not good, but what can you realistically expect?) until the fluke Chievo goal. After that, we played as organised as a bunch of 6- year olds.
- Aquilani needs to go. I can't believe it has come to this, but right now I'd rather pay 7,5m for Pepe, than that same amount for Aqui. And Pepe is just, well, crap.
- Even though our defenders all played quite well individually, as a unit it just doesn't work. The 2nd goal & the 3rd goal (yeah, they missed it, but still) just prove that. Honestly, how is it Marchisio was the one receiving the Chievo pass on our goalline?
- For all our players' talks about "being with the coach", they continue to screw it up for him. Del Neri obviously isn't the greatest coach ever, but I am 100% certain that what happened last night (after the 1st goal) has nothing to do with his instructions.

Edit: Nice to see you still enjoyed it somewhat, Dru. Where did you end up sitting?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
How Chievo didn't knock in the 3rd goal past Marchisio baffles me but I can tell you that our defensive unit doesn't recognize attacking schemes and how to adjust accordingly. Chievo was causing problems with only 2 men running at the edge of the box in the 1st half. Slotted confusion leads to Krasic and Pepe playing deep in our defensive back. Conversely, we had no central midfield presence in the 2nd half which brought made me wonder (not the first time) WTF are the players doing?

Logic would prescribe that they are playing how the coaching staff advises and they adjust accordingly per Del Neri's barks from the sideline. Or are they just playing balls to the wall, street ball? No scheme and no structure?

@Buck

We ended up paying a little bit more to sit in Tribuna Ovest - 202. It was dead center and a great view of everything.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
- Even though our defenders all played quite well individually, as a unit it just doesn't work.
One of the biggest issues. As a team, they look terrible and unorganized each game. There has been no improvement since they started playing together, since the season started. While at the same time, our defense-midfield connection looks absolutely horrible. I know it might be a silly comparison, but look at Manchester United. Sometimes when they field second team, they look fragile and weak in defense, but they actually play superb and hardly looks like something that can be beaten.

None of our combination of CBs gets to impress. Fullbacks just make it worse, of course. I wonder if it's a good idea to stick with Chiellini - Bonucci... some say they need time, and I agree. But so far there should've been some improvement, no? I see nothing good in the back line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)