[SERIE A] Juventus - Catania (24th September, 2008) (30 Viewers)

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
We should remain this system with nedved starting every match !! he is strong and powerful in the 90 Minutes !! we should give Giovinco a chance when Nedved needs to rest or in case of an injury
This is because Molinaro and De Ceglie !! are in the same side, left side, and need a player with experience such as Nedved

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We should remain this system with nedved starting every match !! he is strong and powerful in the 90 Minutes !! we should give Giovinco a chance when Nedved needs to rest or in case of an injury
This is because Molinaro and De Ceglie !! are in the same side, left side, and need a player with experience such as Nedved
he is strong and powerful for 60 minutes, he shouldnt start every match, he should start 60% of our games if we want to see the best out of him, otherwise he wont be able to perform. He already looks tired and were only 5 games into the season

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Ranieri urges Seba patience Tuesday 23 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri has discussed the possibility of Sebastian Giovinco stepping in for the injured David Trezeguet.

Trez underwent surgery on both knees earlier today and isn't expected to return to the pitch before the end of January 2009.

“They tell me that his operation went well and that makes me happy,” Ranieri said.

“I knew that he had a problem with his other knee as well and it's not for me to ask about the nature of the procedure.”

The loss of Trezeguet could hand Azzurrini starlet Sebastian Giovinco a chance in the first team.

“His time will come slowly but surely - we shouldn't wait for him like a Messiah,” Ranieri asserted.

“We have to see him as a lad who needs to be slowly integrated and we have to take a responsible approach.

“I have never said that he poses a tactical problem. He is just developing as a player - he always played in the centre and then he was on the left at Empoli.

“I brought him back to be a back-up to Pavel Nedved but that doesn't mean that he can't be used in attack.

“I have a lot of faith in him. He works hard and he has great quality but let's give him some time.”

Juventus currently lead Serie A along with Inter and their next test is a home game against Catania.

“It's too early to talk about a title race with Inter,” Ranieri stressed. “It's an open championship and Milan, Roma and Fiorentina are still in it, as well as Lazio, who have started well, Napoli and Sampdoria.

“Now I am expecting to face a Catania side looking to build on their performance at San Siro.

“They troubled us twice last term when we won 1-0 and when we needed a last-gasp Alessandro Del Piero penalty to get a draw.”
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although i would love to see Giovinco start against Catania or at least feature for 30 minutes or so. Ranieri obvioulsy knows the talent Seba possess its not just Juve fans or a select group of Juventz forum members who are privledge to this information or have the keen awareness and football intelligence to spot such things.

I believe Ranieri would love to start Seba put we will see a slow intoducting to Seba at Juve similar to Balotelli at inter last season. While most fans are more concerned with next match Ranieri has the best interest of the brightest young talent Juve have produced in recent time and must judge what his best for him.

So while he has not featured much yet by the end of this seasons campaign i would say Seba will have started about 10 games and featured as a sub in another 10 to 15 at least.

Which hopefully will by the first chapter in a long and successfull trophy winning career at Juve.

Claudio Ranieri is nowhere near as stupid as some people on here like to portray him as.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
εℓ niño;1750552 said:
Actually, Molinaro might make De Ceglie become the biggest fan-favorite since Del Piero :D
True!

My two cents: -

Manniger

I

Grygera...Legrottaglie...Melberg...De Ceglie

I

Salihamidzic/Poulsen...Marchisio

Iaquinta ..........................Giovinco

Amauri...Del Piero

DC said that he and Claudio will explode together - I wanna find out what he means by that!

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Seems al jazeera are not even going to rebroadcast this game, I'm dying to watch it. I checked their schedule and they don't even have it as a re run.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Ranieri urges Seba patience Tuesday 23 September, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri has discussed the possibility of Sebastian Giovinco stepping in for the injured David Trezeguet.

Trez underwent surgery on both knees earlier today and isn't expected to return to the pitch before the end of January 2009.

“They tell me that his operation went well and that makes me happy,” Ranieri said.

“I knew that he had a problem with his other knee as well and it's not for me to ask about the nature of the procedure.”

The loss of Trezeguet could hand Azzurrini starlet Sebastian Giovinco a chance in the first team.

“His time will come slowly but surely - we shouldn't wait for him like a Messiah,” Ranieri asserted.

“We have to see him as a lad who needs to be slowly integrated and we have to take a responsible approach.

“I have never said that he poses a tactical problem. He is just developing as a player - he always played in the centre and then he was on the left at Empoli.

“I brought him back to be a back-up to Pavel Nedved but that doesn't mean that he can't be used in attack.

“I have a lot of faith in him. He works hard and he has great quality but let's give him some time.”

Juventus currently lead Serie A along with Inter and their next test is a home game against Catania.

“It's too early to talk about a title race with Inter,” Ranieri stressed. “It's an open championship and Milan, Roma and Fiorentina are still in it, as well as Lazio, who have started well, Napoli and Sampdoria.

“Now I am expecting to face a Catania side looking to build on their performance at San Siro.

“They troubled us twice last term when we won 1-0 and when we needed a last-gasp Alessandro Del Piero penalty to get a draw.”
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although i would love to see Giovinco start against Catania or at least feature for 30 minutes or so. Ranieri obvioulsy knows the talent Seba possess its not just Juve fans or a select group of Juventz forum members who are privledge to this information or have the keen awareness and football intelligence to spot such things.

I believe Ranieri would love to start Seba put we will see a slow intoducting to Seba at Juve similar to Balotelli at inter last season. While most fans are more concerned with next match Ranieri has the best interest of the brightest young talent Juve have produced in recent time and must judge what his best for him.

So while he has not featured much yet by the end of this seasons campaign i would say Seba will have started about 10 games and featured as a sub in another 10 to 15 at least.

Which hopefully will by the first chapter in a long and successfull trophy winning career at Juve.

Claudio Ranieri is nowhere near as stupid as some people on here like to portray him as.

great to hear, and lets hope some our members will be more positive from now on

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
.....................Manninger
Grygera.Legrottaglie.Chiellini.De Ceglie
Marchionni.Sissoko.Poulsen...Nedved
...............Amauri.Del Piero
I love watching Pavel play, but I honestly think we should rest him tomorrow. 4 games in 10 days is pushing it for a 25 years old player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)