[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (115 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
there's nothing to prove for him.he missed all his chance to be a part of Azzurri squad in Germany and he himself knows that there's no way for him to be preferd rather than Dida.
he's been really shaky even on some very easy balls.it was strange for me how did Milan let him go to their rival team and now I think I know the reason.we shouldt have picked some ones such as Pagliuca or Peruzzi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

galma

Aug 13, 2005
Chimenti is also shit,a real bullshit,Abiati is way better then him :p
he was the keapper of milan ,what the f,once :) now he is crap too

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
there's nothing to prove for him.he missed all his chance to be a part of Azzurri squad in Germany and he himself knows that there's no way for him to be preferd rather than Dida.
he's been really shaky even on some very easy balls.it was strange for me how did Milan let him go to their rival team and now I think I know the reason.we shouldt have picked some ones such as Pagliuca or Peruzzi.
Ok.. let me put it this way:

I'd rather have anyone but Chimenti..

:D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
----------------------Bonofoi
-----Blasi-Thuram (Canavaro)-Gladstone-Chielini
-----Camoranesi-Viera-Gianicheda
--------------Mutu---------Del Piero---------
------------------Zalayeta (Trez)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This should be another obvious match to use the trident attack and put minnows Ascoli in their place but Capello will use the same formation as he did against Brugge to my dismay. Why we have to use the same tactics and players every match for the first month of the season just boggles my mind and when we actually need to switch tactics because of injuries or other problems we will not be prepared. The trident and three midfield formation worked wonders last season and with our glut of talented forwards we should try the trident out for fit but with Capello it seemingly will never happen. Too afraid to try new things.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Who do we play next Wednesday?

Have you forgotten how shaky Chimenti has been for so long now? Abbiati may be the weakest link in the Juve lineup atm but he's the best we have in that position for now. Dropping him won't help his confidence and we as the fans are going to have to show a little bit of confidence in him seeing as he's going to be our first choice keeper for a few more months.

I would play:

Abbiati
Balzaretti - Kovac - Cannavaro - Chiellini
Zambrotta - Emerson - Giannichedda
Del Piero - Mutu
Trezeguet

If all goes well Gladstone can make his Juve debut in the second half and Zala can come on for Trez.
So you only changed Chimetni and Kovac from my formation...not a big deal, I can live with that.

Next wednesday I will play the same starting eleven that has won our three games so far.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
This should be another obvious match to use the trident attack and put minnows Ascoli in their place but Capello will use the same formation as he did against Brugge to my dismay. Why we have to use the same tactics and players every match for the first month of the season just boggles my mind and when we actually need to switch tactics because of injuries or other problems we will not be prepared. The trident and three midfield formation worked wonders last season and with our glut of talented forwards we should try the trident out for fit but with Capello it seemingly will never happen. Too afraid to try new things.
Preach bruvva!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

:touched::thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Absolutely right but Cap just doesn't seem to be open to offensive tactical changes. He's willing to try Blasi at RB which I applaud him for since Manuele did very well against Brugge in that role, yet he won't give Mutu, Del Piero or the trident a proper chance :wallbang:

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Absolutely right but Cap just doesn't seem to be open to offensive tactical changes. He's willing to try Blasi at RB which I applaud him for since Manuele did very well against Brugge in that role, yet he won't give Mutu, Del Piero or the trident a proper chance :wallbang:

I don't get it either, TBH. DP is a very expensive benchwarmer.

Could he be resting him for the "stretch drive"?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
To be fair, Cap did try the trident during the preseason. I guess after seeing it in action he doesn't believe it's a tactic we should use unless we're in desperate need which if I remember correctly also he said so.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
To be fair, Cap did try the trident during the preseason. I guess after seeing it in action he doesn't believe it's a tactic we should use unless we're in desperate need which if I remember correctly also he said so.
Yet last season when Nedved was injured we used the trident and I remember we played some of the best football around at the time. Take a look at the Real match for instance...we took the game to Madrid while keeping the defense sound with Emerson and Pessotto in midfield. I don't know why this would not work against a club like Ascoli...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Right now Nedved is playing well and I think that if we play Nedved we cannot play with three forwards. To play the trident we need to bench either Nedved or Camo (and we all know that the latter is irreplaceable).

I'd still like to see it, but anyway we only played two matchdays so far and neither Milan nor Inter have changed their tactic in the first two games. I think this is something we should discuss in say 6 or 7 games from now, cos realistically so far we did not really need the 4-3-3 formation against Chievo or Empoli or Brugge and we created a lot of chances, much more than we used to last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)