[Serie A] Juventus - Ascoli (28 Viewers)

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Did you see how shaky Abbiati was in the past 3 games?
To be honest, I'd rather we play Abbiati than Chimenti.. Did you all forget how awful chimenti is? He can't even get his positioning right! He was one of the major reasons (if not THE reason) we lost the Trofeo Tim..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
It really is time for Moggi/Capello to get hold of a very good goalkeeping No.2 as soon as possible. January if necessary.

Abbiati always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlamps of an oncoming car when preparing to defend a corner.

Chimenti was poor in the matches I saw last season - no confidence in him at all.

On the question of squad rotation, I think we'll see some gradual developments starting this Sunday. Expect Del Piero and/or Mutu to play part of the time. It's part of a 60+ match season-long strategy that JUVENTUS have to lift Scudetto 29 and the Champions League.

In the meantime, The Ascoli match is so important. 3 points are essential here. Points dropped here will create much unhappiness. I'd be satisfied with 2-0 or 3-0.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I'd play:
Abiatti (give him a chance, he was bench for a long period with Milan)
Balzerti Kovac Cannvaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Vieira Mutu
Trezeguet Del Piero

OR if Iwanted to rest some player for Udinese:
Abbiati
Pessotto Kovac Cannvaro Chiellini
Balzereti Blasi Vieira Mutu
Trezeguet Del Piero

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i dont think capello is going to rest any players in this empoli game becuz there is not CL games midweek.

blasi did well on RB in midweek so i think he will hold that position untill he screws up or a better option is offered.

in midfield i think emo or viera should be rested and gianni should get his chance but i dont think soo..also capello needs to try someone new in midfield as paddy wont be playing in the CL.

in attack zlatan and trezi will continue on , and mybe the three bench players will get their chances.

mybe we could see the trident attack and mybe zlatan rested for a bit after the HT ofcourse

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
There is no CL in midweek but there is another Serie A matchday on Wednesday so three games in a week ;)

He should rest one between Trez or Zlatan (not both) and Thuram too to be 100% for Udinese game.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Since Balzaretti was not played on Wednesday cos of his newborn, I would 'reward' him in this match with a first team spot. This way Capello will be in a better position to choose which right back to field against Udinese.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Since Balzaretti was not played on Wednesday cos of his newborn, I would 'reward' him in this match with a first team spot. This way Capello will be in a better position to choose which right back to field against Udinese.
I would play Balzaretti in the 2nd half and Start with Blasi....

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

I would play Balzaretti in the 2nd half and Start with Blasi....
I dont think Blasi could fvck things up too badly against minnows like Ascoli...

I could be wrong, though.............

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I dont think Blasi could fvck things up too badly against minnows like Ascoli...

I could be wrong, though.............
Thats why I'd like to see him again....Because later on, he wont be playing in such a big games...

arc

Mar 11, 2004
i prefer playing our regular 11 with del piero replacing zlatan

after scoring a few goals in the first half, we can rest some players (a prefect world)

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, certainly interesting to see Mutu in action this season. I highly doubt we will see him against Ascoli. But this is a long season and like Cap said - there will be room for everyone.

How serious is Thuram's injury? And how serious is Zebina's injury? I'm asking because I became a Juventus fan only yesterday...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
There is no CL in midweek but there is another Serie A matchday on Wednesday so three games in a week ;)

He should rest one between Trez or Zlatan (not both) and Thuram too to be 100% for Udinese game.
ohh didnt know that thanx zizou... well then i think the most two players that need the rest are neddy and zlatan as they zlatan didnt have a rest at all and also played with sweden twice.Neddy looked tired a bit so i dont know, hope he doesnt get injured or anything.
Mybe don fabio would surprise us with the trident then.
i really want to see gianni playing ttoo

galma

Aug 13, 2005
he needs 6 to be nr 1 with 180 :p
the team won't change very much,probably will be the same,maybe
one striker (mutu or Dp instead of ibra, or zala and not trezza), in the RB post may be another player there are blasi pesso and balza,maybe zebina;thuram if he will be fit I'm sure he'll play

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

To be honest, I'd rather we play Abbiati than Chimenti.. Did you all forget how awful chimenti is? He can't even get his positioning right! He was one of the major reasons (if not THE reason) we lost the Trofeo Tim..
but at least I trust Chimenti more.I don't know if I'm wrong but I kinda think Abbiati doesn't do his best for Juve.and why should he do this when he will leave us as soon as Buffon come back?

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

but at least I trust Chimenti more.I don't know if I'm wrong but I kinda think Abbiati doesn't do his best for Juve.and why should he do this when he will leave us as soon as Buffon come back?
Because he has something to prove.. That he's way better than Dida.

I don't think Chimenti is good enough for any Serie A team, to be honest..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)