[Serie A] Juventus 5-1 Sampdoria, Oct 28th, 2009 (16 Viewers)

Juve - Sampdoria [Matchday 10] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Sissoko

• Melo

• Camoranesi

• Diego

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• De Ceglie

• Ferrara

• The whole TEAM

• BLOOM!!!

• Cassano

• Jean-Claude Blanc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i think that would be more the way to go, given the fact we would be less stretched in the AM position, as well as marchisio being able to take his spot in the first team also if needed.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ye i see what you mean
im just saying, given the fact that camo isnt exactly the most reliable player injury wise

if we had daud and iago then it would be a diff story

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Even the subs who didn't play tonight have 10 from me.

They sat there perfectly.
Isn't Cassano an anagram of

no ass scan?
You Sir, are becoming one of my favorites. :lol:
Does anyone know what Camoranesi meant with his celebration?
He was making "click click" motion with his hands, I intepreted it as meaning kodak moment, meaning perfect.
I saw it as a gesture towards the media and critics, mimicking "bla, bla, bla" to haters, implying "this is how we do it".

Oh an come on people, Diego and Giovinco were great tonight, as was the whole team, but the MOM performance has got to be all Amauri's. One hour, 2 goals and an assist.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Most relaxing Juve game I've seen in a long time. Once the game was underway, there were very little worries for me.

But what exactly was Sampdoria's approach to this game? Their starting lineup was ok, pretty well organized but Del Neri really screwed it up by bringing on Belucci if you ask me. Sure, we were already leading at the time, but after that sub it became really easy for us to control the game.

Buffon 6 - Quiet evening. Had to intervene once, which he did. His presence is always felt though.
Grygera 5,5 - Nothing bad happened, but his positioning & marking were a bit off.
Cannavaro 6 - Good game.
Chiellini 7 - Really good at the back. And to make things even better, he decided to go have a stroll up the park.
Grosso 6,5 - Mostly competent performance in defense & added something going forward. Nice assist.
Sissoko 6,5 - Still a lot of mistakes, but in the 4-2-3-1 formation his presence is absolutely vital.
Melo 6 - Some bad passing, but very little troubles for him last night.
Camoranesi 6,5 - I didn't really like most of his performance, but in the end he did have an assist + a goal. So I guess I'm wrong...
Diego 6,5 - Very involved, some brilliant stuff. Lost the ball a few times though & he's not thinking fast enough at times.
Giovinco 7 - Went missing for long periods of the game. What he did was mostly awesome though.
Amauri 8 - I think it's fair to say he's back. 2 goals, 1 assist & troubling the Samp defense at all times. And yet he still looked rather irritated at times.

Poulsen 6 - Did what he's supposed to.
De Ceglie 5,5 - Didn't really get involved a lot.
Trezeguet 6 - I just love how easy he gets away from his marker(s) to end up in scoring positions. It is unreal. Too bad he missed a sitter.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
He just seemed to own every attack. He dictated play and spread the ball beautifully. He used his skill to good effect and his set pieces were all excellent. Giovinco was great but he didn't own the game like Diego did, and I don't even think he put as many effective balls into the box as Camo (but that has more to do with how often we attacked down the right side). The only time he was dominating the game was when Trez came on and Seba pushed down the left with all that space. He should have an assist next to his name tonight.
Seba has an assist next to his name. He made the perfect pass for Camo.;)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Most relaxing Juve game I've seen in a long time. Once the game was underway, there were very little worries for me.

But what exactly was Sampdoria's approach to this game? Their starting lineup was ok, pretty well organized but Del Neri really screwed it up by bringing on Belucci if you ask me. Sure, we were already leading at the time, but after that sub it became really easy for us to control the game.

Buffon 6 - Quiet evening. Had to intervene once, which he did. His presence is always felt though.
Grygera 5,5 - Nothing bad happened, but his positioning & marking were a bit off.
Cannavaro 6 - Good game.
Chiellini 7 - Really good at the back. And to make things even better, he decided to go have a stroll up the park.
Grosso 6,5 - Mostly competent performance in defense & added something going forward. Nice assist.
Sissoko 6,5 - Still a lot of mistakes, but in the 4-2-3-1 formation his presence is absolutely vital.
Camoranesi 6,5 - I didn't really like most of his performance, but in the end he did have an assist + a goal. So I guess I'm wrong...
Diego 6,5 - Very involved, some brilliant stuff. Lost the ball a few times though & he's not thinking fast enough at times.
Giovinco 7 - Went missing for long periods of the game. What he did was mostly awesome though.
Amauri 8 - I think it's fair to say he's back. 2 goals, 1 assist & troubling the Samp defense at all times. And yet he still looked rather irritated at times.

Trezeguet 6 - I just love how easy he gets away from his marker(s) to end up in scoring positions. It is unreal. Too bad he missed a sitter.
I'd raise issue with Buffon even being rated, apart from the goal he wasn't even there last night.

The rest I'd agree with except for Gio and Amauri, purley because Gio and Diego were creator Amauri a reciever, he didn't have to do as much work as them.
My MoM is gio.

Still a million miles better than the Palermo game.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'd raise issue with Buffon even being rated, apart from the goal he wasn't even there last night.

The rest I'd agree with except for Gio and Amauri, purley because Gio and Diego were creator Amauri a reciever, he didn't have to do as much work as them.
My MoM is gio.

Still a million miles better than the Palermo game.
Appreciate your comments.

You have a point about Buffon. But he exudes confidence, which helps our defense, gives us even more security. That's part of what I based my rating on.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I barely got any sleep to watch this game, and boy I am glad I sacrificed some zzz's to catch it. I was tempted to switch off my tv and go to sleep at HT, and then again after we scored a 3rd, but I am very pleased with my decision to stay up for the entire 90 minutes (well 75 actually, as I missed the first 15 minutes cuz I was taking a nap).

This is the best I have seen Juve play in years. Fast, flowing, dynamic, merciless, and ruthless. This is the Juve I would love to see henceforth. Lots of energy, good movement both on and off the ball, compactness, short, quick passes to feet. Inevitably, there are still a few minor details that need to be ironed out, but the way the team approached the game and conducted themselves on the pitch last night was something of pure beauty, truly making it a game to savor and something to behold.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

Cannavaro 6 - Good game.

Diego 6.5? I'm not one to suck Diego's dick but he was easily a 7 - 7.5. Arguably the man of the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)