[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Parma (11-Sep-2011) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Lichsteiner

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Pepe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed, but honestly dont think a single of those 4 votes are serious ones (allways some who want to be different/fool around), no one can watch that game with any doubt of who was the main maestro.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Agreed, but honestly dont think a single of those 4 votes are serious ones (allways some who want to be different/fool around), no one can watch that game with any doubt of who was the main maestro.
Are there any other players in the world so calm and composed on the ball?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Buffon- Such was our near total dominance for the entirety of the game, Santo Buffon had very little to do. There was a moment of horror when he fumbled the ball and was close to presenting an easy chance for our foes, but he came good, had only one shot of any note to save which was the penalty and by and large seemed to marshal the defence well enough. He was out for such a long time last season, then returned to the ranks when the team as a whole was down and out…I still have serious faith in his abilities, but feel that we will not see the best of him until/unless he has played consistently in a happy team for a couple of months. Match sharpness is imperative for all players, but perhaps even more so for goalkeepers, especially those warriors who play between the sticks for the top clubs who often go through long periods in matches in which their goal is never threatened. That sharpness is still lacking for Buffon…6/10

Lichsteiner- Truly wonderful. Lived up to his Gump nickname with a tireless performance during which he was not beaten even once, played the ball intelligently and carefully, and managed to score a brilliant goal early on. After the horror shows that were Grygera, Zebina, Motta…we now have a right back who appears of the required quality of a team aiming for the top. I used to hate playing Nazio with Lichsteiner in their line-up, and now, the tables have turned…A massive pat on the back of Beppe Marotta for bringing him to the club. Quality. 9/10

Barzagli- I have not joined the Bonucci bashing that other juventini seem prone towards, and neither was I in any way disheartened when we signed Andrea in January, because I used to rate him highly in his Palermo days and we picked him up for a stunningly cheap price. He was solid as a rock yesterday. Made no errors. Stuck to the manager’s orders of actually playing the ball rather than hooving it forward (as did everyone), and looked encouragingly composed and capable, on the ground as well as in the air. Perhaps he is a more suitable partner for Chiellini, only time will tell, but without doubt the early signs are extremely promising. He is experienced, strong, quick enough, and seems to read the game well. A solid showing. 7.5/10

Chiellini- His best showing for many moons in a Juve jersey. Gave nothing away, won every header, covered de ceglie and kept it simple when the ball was at his feet. He will be troubled far more against more physically robust and sharper minded players, but against the Parma offence, this was a walk in the park for King Giorgio. It was interesting to see how deep he remained, in comparison to last season when he often bombed forward. Conte’s work I assume…and with a more capable offence, it makes sense for our strongest defender to hold himself in check and patrol the back line. Great to see him back to the kind of form what we expect of him, and revere him for. 7.5/10.

De ceglie- As this was his first competitive game for many months, and we won and played handsomely, it would be harsh to pour too much criticism upon the Juve through and through left back. But still, he was the only player who failed to impress me. I do not see him as a natural left back. The main reason for this is his complete lack of positional awareness. Chiellini was more of a left back than de ceglie in this game. Perhaps this was intentional, a ploy devised by Conte with a feeling in heart that Parma would be doing far more defensive work on their right flank than pushing forward. A friend who was watching the game with me remarked several times that de ceglie was assuming a left midfield position, and seemed okay there, nothing special, and it was chiellini doing most of the tackling and covering the left back zone. I saw the same thing and was unsurprised as I have seen it so many times before. Paolo seems more a natural left winger. Decent pace, competent passing, often great crosses and a robust engine. What is for sure is that better teams than Parma will focus on this area of our team as a weakness to exploit, unless either de ceglie is taught positional awareness or whoever Conte has in mind as our alternative left back is a more natural left back than de ceglie. That question, of Who Conte Has Chosen As Our Alternative LB must be answered next weekend against Siena. I was content to see him back, and repeat that he must surely be lacking match sharpness after such a long injury lay-off, so perhaps there is much more to come from the Damien doppelgänger(the Omen), but for this game, he was more wrong than right for me…5.5/10

Pirlo- Sensational. Aquilani is younger, faster and more capable of tackling, but his passing is nowhere near the quality of Andrea, whose distribution yesterday was nothing short of world class. He made several useful interceptions, covered a lot of ground, grabbed two assists and constantly exhibited talent on the ball far and beyond the ken of every other player on the field other than del piero. A sumptuous performance. Keep up the good work, Andrea. 9/10.

Marchisio- THAT…was the marchisio I want to see week in, week out. Buzzed around the midfield like a wasp of war, biting into challenges, supporting the attack, using the ball intelligently, always making himself an option and capping off a supreme innings with a masterfully taken goal created by Pirlo’s class and Claudio’s intelligent run and top drawer finish. On this form he is hard to take out of the team. As many have said, including myself, he is likely best in a central midfield trio, and when Vidal joined the fray, our shape changed to that trident and suddenly, with another to help out in the middle of the park, claudio began to show more of his always there but not always shown high level of technical ability. I hope he continues in this vein and am extremely happy for a lad who clearly has Juve coursing through his crimson rivers, to have marked the first competitive fixture in our new home with such a perfect game. 9/10.

Giaccherini- Not his ideal debut due to a lack of involvement in the major action but far from a failure. His stamina and desire is beyond question, and as Adam Digby noted at www.juventiknows.com (or was it our former King Aaron?), he made many effective runs into the middle from the flanks, pulling with him every time a Parma player, which allowed our fullbacks to push-up, unhindered, into space. As Pepe was doing the exact same, it was obviously a tactical ploy that worked a treat. And if there are two players in our squad who will be happy to be used as decoys, do the donkey work, then it must be Giaccherini and Pepe. His attitude, humility and ability to absorb and follow orders from the coach are likely to prove welcome additions to our squad this season. A less than awe inspiring, but competent debut. 6/10.

Pepe- His work rate was as always immense, though his lack of confidence in attempting to beat his man was a little worrying. Still…he battled hard, ran himself into the ground, and made the run onto Del piero’s exquisite through ball which he finished beautifully. Likely to settle into an unsung hero role along with giaccherini this season, but I am happy for his presence in the team. 7/10.

Matri- Not the best of games for Allessandro but he did score a legitimate goal which was wrongly disallowed, and also hit the post. So I cannot be too critical. The manner in which our team is now tactically deployed seems to lead to Matri forced more to drag defenders away from our wingers getting into forward positions, but I remain confident that Matri will maintain his sterling goalscoring form of last season. Competent, and unlucky not to have netted a brace. 7/10.

Del Piero- His passing is always wonderful, as he proved with the assist for Pepe. Ran hard as hell for a 36 year old, but was generally crowded out by defenders whenever a hint of good position appeared. The talent is still there and his stamina is of a commendable level for a man of his age. We won well, and he played his part…a shame we didn’t get to see him alongside Vucinic from the start (when DP was fresh), as they looked lovely together pre season, but then again, I would always start Matri if fit, over vucinic, mainly due to work rate and natural goalscoring ability. A team can afford to carry one flair player, rarely two. 6.5/10

SUBS

Vucinic- Too much focus on intricacy, and running far less than Matri, but…the game was won and some of the moves he attempted were quality. I enjoyed his attempted link-up play with Vidal. Could have worked harder, but I trust Conte to deal with that. 6/10

Vidal- I was livid when I saw the starting team sheet. Marchisio over our new warrior, the same player whose aim for this season is to win EVERY challenge! Lunacy? Maybe not eh! For marchisio did superbly, and within a handful of minutes of Arturo’s entrance to the fray, he scored a goal of serious quality. He roams…but in a central midfield trio, both Vidal and Marchisio seem naturally suited to taking turns to attack and defend. Stunning debut goal, superbly tucked away. 7.5/10

Krasic- Our flying Serb was playing with fucked wings. And had little time to impress. Very little time and action to judge him. N/A

Conclusion

If Afu ra was Juventus, he would finally make sense when singing…’I whirlwind through cities’. For we crunched Parma, from the first to the final whistle. We were untouchable and that game was not a competition, it was an Education, for Parma, the same team whose reverse of this scoreline back in January truly scuppered our whole season. The performance more than the result was beyond my wildest dreams. We had grinta aligned with talent. And I have not been able to write or say that for far too fucking long. I was and remain so proud, to be a Juventino.

To continue the musical juxtapositions…we moved, in one game, from MF Doom playing the accordion, to MF Grimm taking them to war. And I am still, near to 24 hours after the event, bouncing along to the tunes…

Conte’s tactics cannot be faulted. So many glorious performances on the battlefield. A scoreline which actually fails to do our control of the game justice, even at 4-1. Magnificent debuts. What more can any juventino ask for?..I must try to calm down, because I remain light headed and daydreaming of a return to the very greatness that anyone who has stood side by side Juventus for a decade or more, will know all too well.

OK. Positives aplenty. Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Pirlo, Chiellini, Marchisio were ALL formidable, and everyone else other than de ceglie, were good/competent. I noticed how our defence did not once hoove the ball forward, and instead, tried to play the ball to feet. That is Conte’s influence and demands. And it worked a treat.

Prior to kick-off my main hope was that we didn’t lose…and yet I finished along with the final whistle, feeling like we had Returned. In all the ways I wanted. A complete domination of another team, without Elia, without a fit and firing on all cylinders Krasic…and yet we won, easily. This was not a case of an awfully poor parma, it was much more, in the end analysis, an immense show of Power. Long may it continue…

mrk189

Jun 30, 2011
Guys, I don't want to spoil the party but remember that two years ago, after Diego and Melo scored in the win against Roma, all were hailing the new Juve revolution. We all believed it, we also beat Inter, untill we got destroyed by Bayern. We all know what followed...

Don't get too excited. This was just the first game of the season. Juve won 4 - 0 away at Udine last year...

What was encouraging was the style of play yesterday but please remember this was Parma...not exactly a team challenging for Europe.

My wish is that this was just the start and that Juve build on this performance. It must not be our best performance!

Forza Juve

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #895
    It's so awesome that we're all gutted with that last minute goal being conceded. Our mentality is back...
    Conceding that goal was a big slap on my face. Specially that they did absolutely NOTHING until De Ceglie's foul.

I'm also the type of person who gets mad conceding a goal while playing even if I'm winning 10-0.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Conceding that goal was a big slap on my face. Specially that they did absolutely NOTHING until De Ceglie's foul.

I'm also the type of person who gets mad conceding a goal while playing even if I'm winning 10-0.
    Yea, the goal was the elephant in the room.

How about Giovinco though? :snoop:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #900
    Yea, the goal was the elephant in the room.

How about Giovinco though? :snoop:
    I personally have nothing against Giovinco. Though it irritates me that he has scored 4goals against us in two matches.

Just voted.

I can't open the voting results to see who voted for who.
    No one can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)