[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Parma (11-Sep-2011) (1 Viewer)

MoM

• Lichsteiner

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Pepe

Results are only viewable after voting.

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
Really amazing sports watching day for me. 3 matches watched on tv and 3 were won by the team I was cheering for.

First, Juve gets me in the great mood. Then Serbia nailing Turkey in EuroBasket and Serbia as favourites won against Slovenia in volleyball match. And yes, just before going to sleep last night Nole made a turnover and defeated Roger. Lol, am I feeling great or what?

Invaluable!!! :D :beer:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I can already see many changes from last season.

- I liked how we pressured Parma whenever they had the ball, always closing them down no matter where on the pitch. Contrast this to last season where teams were allowed easy entry into our half, and Motta/Grosso always stood 2 meters away from the crossing player. It makes a big difference when you force the opposition to make rushed passes and we saw the benefit of that today.

- Our defense did not constantly send long balls from the back. They either worked it around the defense, played it to the midfield, or passed it back to Buffon. Chiellini in particular visibly improved on this part of the game. We rarely saw any rushed clearances, something we have become accustomed to over 2 seasons.

- The intensity we showed across 90 minutes. Whether this was down to the stadium, Conte, being the season opener, or a combination of the 3, if we can maintain this tempo in future games, we will do well as serie a has always struggled against this type of play.

- When we were 2 goals up, we didn't park the bus like we have the past 2 seasons. I also like how we killed the game by passing it around, instead of just clearing it to Parma at any opportunity. We never gave them a chance at a comeback because we always had the initiative, constantly dictating the play.

We can't get ahead of ourselves though, and I'm sure Conte is nailing this point home. Regardless, we haven't dominated a match like that in a long time. Great way to begin the season, and considering how we played against Parma last year, a visible improvement.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I just watched the highlights, and all goals were golden. Even Pepe's.

Great stuff, Pirlo looked like the mastermind in this game and hopefully he stays healthy and fit and is able to perform like that throughout the season for us.

I don't think De Ceglie deserved the red card, but I think the call for a penalty shot was the right one.

Anyways, great stuff from the team today. Lets keep it up!

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Here's Tacchinardi's ratings:
Buffon s.v. Lichtsteiner 7,5 Barzagli 7 Chiellini 7 De Ceglie 7 Pepe 7 Pirlo 8 Marchisio 7,5 Giaccherini 6,5 Vucinic 6,5 Krasic 6 Vidal 7 Del Piero 7 Matri 7 Conte 8

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
i missed the match but would love to see the full game, has anyone any links? i would post this in the multimedia section but i cant find that section of the site anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)