[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (18 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't like this Juventus. Not only are we Pirlo dependent, but we can't break an 11 man team out of pure play. All the goals we've scored were a joke, either dead ball situations or in case of Quag's one serious mistakes when we are 11 v 9 at home.
If we play even remotely close to today with Milan we are dead and buried.
No, because Milan will be attacking and leave room to attack. It's never easy to break down a team which is parking the bus. Look at all the European big teams, their goals often result from defensive screw ups or situations like these.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't like this Juventus. Not only are we Pirlo dependent, but we can't break an 11 man team out of pure play. All the goals we've scored were a joke, either dead ball situations or in case of Quag's one serious mistakes when we are 11 v 9 at home.
If we play even remotely close to today with Milan we are dead and buried.
We'll play differently against Milan, we always do, but I agree we have a lot more trouble breaking teams down with our 'new' formation.

Now we'll just wait for the 'it's just our strikers not scoring'-club to say that's rubbish.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 22:45 ----------

f*ck Conte? 3-5-2 is horrible? Conte is clueless? play elia cause he is our answer and saviour? Conte is a pussy manager?

:lol:
You honestly like the 352?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
f*ck Conte? 3-5-2 is horrible? Conte is clueless? play elia cause he is our answer and saviour? Conte is a pussy manager?

:lol:
Excellent we won, but indeed this formation is ANNOYING. Its great for our 3 man defenders, they are in cruise control mainly, more so then in 4 man defence, but for overall team, 4-3-3 is deffo better. May I remind you 2 goals were set pieces and 1 goal huge gift from Catania goalie. Not exactly most shinning example for our overall open play efficiency, which is why I dont like this formation.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Could we all agree on that Quag deserves to start instead of Matri?

Was a freaking beast today.
No
He had a good game but we only have 1 true goal scorer and its Matri
He could start at certain games but overall I`d almost always choose Matri over him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I honestly don't see what is wrong with this formation. We have won 4 out of our last 5 with it, including wins vs. Roma, Udinese and Milan. Just today we had TWENTY NINE attempts on goal.

And I swear you guys forget our first encounter with Catania while using 4-3-3.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Finally a victory!!!

I really hope this one will be boost morale and a wake up match,to start performing every game.

congrats all!
Forza Juve!!

Apr 29, 2006
No, because Milan will be attacking and leave room to attack. It's never easy to break down a team which is parking the bus. Look at all the European big teams, their goals often result from defensive screw ups or situations like these.
Lets hope that you are right, but imho we will never win anything without the abilites to open a team that has parked the bus. TBH I liked the way Catania played much better and considering their starters - they played the better game tactically. If we were playing with their(our old) players we'd lose this game much worse.
If we take the option on Borriello we must be frickin' idiots. The guy has none of the qualities we are looking for. NONE.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just happy to win, our attitude paid off, partly thanks to the mental deficiencies of Motta.

Pirlo and Quagliarella were particularly good, Pirlo gets my vote.

Who assisted the third goal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)