[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (28 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We've hardly got superstars leading the line now have we lads? It's not the fault of 4-3-3 if the front of the 3 isn't doing the business...
That's the problem. The 433 is perfect for us. Our offense just needs to stop being so damn wasteful.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When did this myth of "positive draws" start? I can only remember one match, against Udinese were (maybe I? maybe others) said that this neccesarily wasn't a bad result.
It started as soon as people started saying that draws against tough teams were "positive".

It was then reinforced by people after every game that said "we are still undefeated"....as in "look at the bright side"

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
It started as soon as people started saying that draws against tough teams were "positive".

It was then reinforced by people after every game that said "we are still undefeated"....as in "look at the bright side"
I see. Thanks.

Anyhow, we better score two or three goals against these fuckers. Their counter-attacks are brutal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini, report please. Positive draws? Elaborate :D
Just did. :D

More or less, the draws were looked based off who we drew...make sense? The draws to Udinese & Napoli "were positive" because they were tougher opponents.

Then people started making excuses that we were "playing away", etc...

I will take an egg please...sunny side up.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 13:03 ----------

I see. Thanks.

Anyhow, we better score two or three goals against these fuckers. Their counter-attacks are brutal.
I'm not all that worried about counter attacks that much anymore, considering our stellar defensive record. :seven:

It's our attack we need to worry about, Melo. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
once again echoing what I have been saying the forwards are the issue not the formation, a shit load of wasted chances by all
:tuttosport:

You are not alone in this endeavor.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 13:06 ----------

I thought Hust was the optimist. Guess I was wrong!
How am I not showing optimism? I'm just explaining what we need to work on.

Worry not, young Jedi whom just went to the dark side. We got this.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I know ;) its just laughable when some blame formations or Conte when in reality its our none clinical finishers :)
Well, to be honest the formation does have an effect. Even though none of us really like the 352 formation, it still created enough chances to beat Parma. But, as we know, or offense didn't convert.

433 is the way to go.

May 22, 2007
One of the forwards haven't found his scoring boots because it is extremely difficult to do that from the bench.

What I implied to say when I have been saying that the 3-5-2 is ok with him so he would remain unbeaten is that when the game is running he does not have the courage to change the formation fearing he would lose the game.
Right, I get your point now, but disagree that it's because of fear. I really think he wants to see two successful formations for this team, and chance creation in some of the 3-5-2 matches (Roma Coppa, Milan Coppa, Parma) haven't been lacking. Another successful coach has been trying to use a second system lately as well.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I know ;) its just laughable when some blame formations or Conte when in reality its our none clinical finishers :)
Sure a lot of players get heat for not being able to finish. I'm a big Conte fan but he deserves the heat as well for not being flexible and failing to use better players at his disposal. A few shades of Dumb Nerdy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)