[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (9 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When has any member said that staying undefeated all season if it means 20 draws is acceptable? Please tell me, so I can slap them straight.
No one has but with every draw added to our tally the same members defending the undefeated run are repeating everything positive about it. It is like these people are being slowly conditioned.

You can slap yourself straight for accepting the 10 draws too.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
No one has but with every draw added to our tally the same members defending the undefeated run are repeating everything positive about it. It is like these people are being slowly conditioned.
Meh, the draws should be considered as losses from now. We will lose couple of matches, but it's the draws that will screw us end of the season.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Of course I can because when the idiots are missing chances you do something about it and you don't do that by taking Matri out and putting Quagliarella in. You keep Matri and field Quagliarella for another player, you change the shape of your team so they can do something about missing chances not keep them as they are. It is plain out pussy.

You come again and compare with previous coaches where we had totally different players back then not to mention how football has changed from the times Lippi fielded a 3-5-2 until today.

Matri out and Quagliarella in, we still created the same chances but different players missed them. When you see a pattern that is not working you change it, changing its elements won't get you anywhere. Conte in the Parma game was a big ass coward who was scared of changing the formation so that Parma won't score a goal and make our job more difficult. Pussy Italian coach mentality.

Exactly, let's see how that works out tonight. I am guessing it will be as successful as Boriello for Matri in the same pussy 3-5-2.
I pretty much Agree with Jack. I hate Mourinho, but the guy has balls, He always takes off a defender and puts a striker. When small teams see the change they will not attack they will try to defend in order not to lose. But When Conte made subs (he dind't change formation), Parma just got braver and starting attacking more and were dominating us, compare to first 70 mins, where we had way more ball possession.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I totally agree with jack and rab about the conte being more afraid of losing then winning. He is a typical scary italian coach who brings on a defender for defender while being on a draw. Conte should had take the blame for both the goalless draws instead of pointing to the refs. That not want to win at any cost mentally is also the reason why Elia and del piero never plays because they take risks in their game. We are still on top also because other teams chocke big time in serie A. Conte has a lot to prove to be the different maker for the team and so far he failed at that part. We are still drawentus

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I totally agree with jack and rab about the conte being more afraid of losing then winning. He is a typical scary italian coach who brings on a defender for defender while being on a draw. Conte should had take the blame for both the goalless draws instead of pointing to the refs. That not want to win at any cost mentally is also the reason why Elia and del piero never plays because they take risks in their game. We are still on top also because other teams chocke big time in serie A. Conte has a lot to prove to be the different maker for the team and so far he failed at that part. We are still drawentus
:touched:

May 22, 2007
Exactly but the point is sometimes you need to take risks in order to win your games, this is something Conte has been afraid of doing. Do you deny that?
I could pick out a few substitutions that I disagreed with (Borriello vs Siena), but he's brought on attackers in nearly all of the draws and they've not taken the chance to win the game. I don't think he can really rely on any of them at the moment, which is what he's got to work with. Matri's form has been sporadic, and the rest of our forwards haven't found their scoring boots. I'm sure we could all think of many wasted chances to win games off the top of our heads (Krasic vs Cagliari, for example).

It does seem like Conte wants to be able to use both the 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 effectively. I don't like the latter formation and hope he changes back, but I disagree that he uses it because he's okay with drawing games to remain unbeaten.

I think the problem is down to finishing good chances.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I can wipe my ass with morale if we don't get the scudetto.
yeah insecure players without self confidence will bring you many many points. lack of confidence actually works wonders for players... best example is krasic, right? [/sarcasm]

when you lose 6 times you surely don't have the invincile spirit in mind "we will not lose", but more like "damn, the next mistake could lead to our 7th defeat" which will only make the guys more nervous and more prone to mistakes. this would surely impact the way our tactic works.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Meh, the draws should be considered as losses from now. We will lose couple of matches, but it's the draws that will screw us end of the season.
Sarcasm is not your strong forte, don't use it.

---------- Post added 18.02.2012 at 18:03 ----------

I could pick out a few substitutions that I disagreed with (Borriello vs Siena), but he's brought on attackers in nearly all of the draws and they've not taken the chance to win the game. I don't think he can really rely on any of them at the moment, which is what he's got to work with. Matri's form has been sporadic, and the rest of our forwards haven't found their scoring boots. I'm sure we could all think of many wasted chances to win games off the top of our heads (Krasic vs Cagliari, for example).

It does seem like Conte wants to be able to use both the 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 effectively. I don't like the latter formation and hope he changes back, but I disagree that he uses it because he's okay with drawing games to remain unbeaten.

I think the problem is down to finishing good chances.
One of the forwards haven't found his scoring boots because it is extremely difficult to do that from the bench.

What I implied to say when I have been saying that the 3-5-2 is ok with him so he would remain unbeaten is that when the game is running he does not have the courage to change the formation fearing he would lose the game.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

fuck Conte right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)