[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-1 Catania (Feb. 18th 2012) (9 Viewers)

Man of the match was?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• De Ceglie

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

• Quag

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Obviously Conte is pussy mode and afraid to lose and that's why he got stuck on the 3-5-2. The undefeated thing has got to his head and he prefers not to lose than to win nowadays.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Obviously Conte is pussy mode and afraid to lose and that's why he got stuck on the 3-5-2. The undefeated thing has got to his head and he prefers not to lose than to win nowadays.
I don't know if that's sarcastic, but I agree with the prefers not to lose than win part.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't think of any reason why we would play this 3-5-2 at home against Catania. the 4-3-3 was working so well, we had our best performances playing that formation, no need to fuck it up Conte. STick to the winning ways.
Seems pretty clear he doesn't trust others to play Pepe's position in the 4-3-3.

Conte's a winner so I can't say I agree at all.

May 22, 2007
Looks like Conte is trying to make the team work in two different systems effectively. He's still going for wins (Juventus are taking the most shots per game in Serie A), and the defense is a lot better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't know if that's sarcastic, but I agree with the prefers not to lose than win part.
Not sarcastic at all.

Conte's a winner so I can't say I agree at all.
He seemed to be. When was the last time he mentioned that he wants to bring back the winning mentality in the team? When was the last time he mentioned that we enter each game with only one goal and that is to win? All his recent announcements he made were, we are still undefeated and the referees are not being fair.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How does that question if he is a winner or not? He can't say the same things all the time.
That's how I see it, he is using a coward formation to start with. His comments on the games were from talking about winning mentalities and winning matches to focusing on being undefeated and blaming the referees. For me he is focusing on being undefeated more than winning. If he is a winner as a person or not has nothing to do with it, I am talking about my interpretation of the current situation.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
That's how I see it, he is using a coward formation to start with. His comments on the games were from talking about winning mentalities and winning matches to focusing on being undefeated and blaming the referees. For me he is focusing on being undefeated more than winning. If he is a winner as a person or not has nothing to do with it, I am talking about my interpretation of the current situation.
I think after the Atalanta match, he did say that the winning mentality is back at the club and teams are fearing us again. I don't think that 3-5-2 is a coward formation, if he only focused on being undefeated, we wouldn't have created chances against Parma towards the end, we would only sit back and defend. But I guess there's no way of knowing. Let's just hope we traumatize Montella today.

Squall

Nov 3, 2007
Am I the only one who's tired of seeing Vucinic starting?
Seriously, I hate that guy. He's way too selfish, even for a striker. Almost always opts to go alone, and more often than not can't even beat his man, or try a wise-ass shot instead of passing the ball. Can't stand seeing him wearing our shirt, even when he scores.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think after the Atalanta match, he did say that the winning mentality is back at the club and teams are fearing us again. I don't think that 3-5-2 is a coward formation, if he only focused on being undefeated, we wouldn't have created chances against Parma towards the end, we would only sit back and defend. But I guess there's no way of knowing. Let's just hope we traumatize Montella today.
3-5-2 is a much more conservative formation than 4-3-3. We are supposed to create chances against Parma because we are far superior to them but Conte was conservative. When our forwards were lame and not able to break the Parma defence, you take risks and field more forwards/attacking players, all he did is change a player with another without tampering the formation. I interpret that as cowardly and not willing to take risks. The fact that we still created chances towards the end is irrelevant, what should have been done is create more dangerous chances and fucking win the game. This is achieved by fielding a more attacking formation, taking more risk not by taking out a forward and replace him with another forward.

And what did we do after the Atalanta match? How many matches we ended up without scoring? Way to have a winning mentality but not score.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
3-5-2 is a much more conservative formation than 4-3-3. We are supposed to create chances against Parma because we are far superior to them but Conte was conservative. When our forwards were lame and not able to break the Parma defence, you take risks and field more forwards/attacking players, all he did is change a player with another without tampering the formation. I interpret that as cowardly and not willing to take risks. The fact that we still created chances towards the end is irrelevant, what should have been done is create more dangerous chances and fucking win the game. This is achieved by fielding a more attacking formation, taking more risk not by taking out a forward and replace him with another forward.

And what did we do after the Atalanta match? How many matches we ended up without scoring? Way to have a winning mentality but not score.
Even if 3-5-2 is a more conservative formation, was Lippi a pussy when he fielded that formation? I don't think that the fact that we still created chances is irrelevant, if a coach is a pussy, he sits back and defends. You honestly can't blame the coach for these idiots missing chances like there's no tomorrow.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Even if 3-5-2 is a more conservative formation, was Lippi a pussy when he fielded that formation? I don't think that the fact that we still created chances is irrelevant, if a coach is a pussy, he sits back and defends. You honestly can't blame the coach for these idiots missing chances like there's no tomorrow.
Of course I can because when the idiots are missing chances you do something about it and you don't do that by taking Matri out and putting Quagliarella in. You keep Matri and field Quagliarella for another player, you change the shape of your team so they can do something about missing chances not keep them as they are. It is plain out pussy.

You come again and compare with previous coaches where we had totally different players back then not to mention how football has changed from the times Lippi fielded a 3-5-2 until today.

Matri out and Quagliarella in, we still created the same chances but different players missed them. When you see a pattern that is not working you change it, changing its elements won't get you anywhere. Conte in the Parma game was a big ass coward who was scared of changing the formation so that Parma won't score a goal and make our job more difficult. Pussy Italian coach mentality.

Pepe is included in the projected 3-5-2.
Exactly, let's see how that works out tonight. I am guessing it will be as successful as Boriello for Matri in the same pussy 3-5-2.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
The thing is, that's exactly what all of us was saying in the Napoli match, take someone out quick, just for the sake of making offensive subs. Look what happened, the same players drawed the match. Was Conte a pussy? No, not at all.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Of course I can because when the idiots are missing chances you do something about it and you don't do that by taking Matri out and putting Quagliarella in. You keep Matri and field Quagliarella for another player, you change the shape of your team so they can do something about missing chances not keep them as they are. It is plain out pussy.

You come again and compare with previous coaches where we had totally different players back then not to mention how football has changed from the times Lippi fielded a 3-5-2 until today.

Matri out and Quagliarella in, we still created the same chances but different players missed them. When you see a pattern that is not working you change it, changing its elements won't get you anywhere. Conte in the Parma game was a big ass coward who was scared of changing the formation so that Parma won't score a goal and make our job more difficult. Pussy Italian coach mentality.
But players missing chances doesn't depend on the shape of the team it depends on that players ability to finish. So replacing one striker who is unable to finish chances created throughout the game with another striker who potentially will seems like a sensible decision.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The thing is, that's exactly what all of us was saying in the Napoli match, take someone out quick, just for the sake of making offensive subs. Look what happened, the same players drawed the match. Was Conte a pussy? No, not at all.
It worked one time, can you give me more examples on much successful that thing was? I can see NINE fucking other draws. Why I said 9, because I did not count that one draw against Napoli.

But players missing chances doesn't depend on the shape of the team it depends on that players ability to finish. So replacing one striker who is unable to finish chances created throughout the game with another striker who potentially will seems like a sensible decision.
But when this still does not work then something else is the problem. We have been seeing that in different games not only against Parma. Conte got stuck on the 3-5-2 because with this formation we are not losing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)