[Serie A] Juventus 3-0 Sassuolo [August 15th, 2022] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
A good start, so so important to start with a win and build positive momentum.

Sandro looked like he was playing for a new contract, Bremer and Bonucci seemed to have a decent understanding, Danilo was solid. Our CM’s weren’t great at all, very anonymous. McKennie is not good enough for this level, Loca is out of position and very limited as a regista and Zak didn’t show much, very weak area for us. Di Maria was absolutely different gravy, can make something happen and understands and reads the game. Vlahovic should have scored a hat trick. Kostic had a couple of dangerous crosses but his team mates weren’t on the same wavelength.

Good start but let’s be clear, we need a few more additions before we can say we’re anywhere near title challengers
We're definitely title challengers. Not favourites but we're in the fight

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Good win. Scored three goals and kept a clean sheet. Great debut from Di Maria and Bremer. Two goals for Vlahovic will be very important for his confidence going forward. We still need work with that horrible midfield too - let’s see how it looks with Pogba and Paredes in the lineup with Loca.

But let’s keep our feet on the ground. We started the Pirlo season with a home win against Samp with the same scoreline - and we all know how that season turned out. One match at a time and let’s get a proper run of wins together to put the league on notice.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We're definitely title challengers. Not favourites but we're in the fight
Im reserving judgement on that, for me this central midfield area is woefully short of quality. If Pogba doesn’t have an injury filled season and we can make another signing to push people like McKennie and Zak down the pecking order though that would up our quality level.

Watching Loca play the regista role yesterday made me believe that even Paredes would be a step up from our current mids

Oct 17, 2005
Content with the win but obviously unsupportive of the actually ball playing output from this team.... It just baffling to see a McKenney - Zakaria on the mid against a team in disarray, qllegrisaurus scared pussy mentality was on display there, rovella - fagioli should've at least play together in the 2nd half... I totally don't see the need for Paredes, just play the young talents there ffs, and only one of Zakaria or McKenney should play at the same time.so one of fagioli or rovella should get consistent enough playing time even with Pogba back...

Kostic was promising, and as many predicted before, cuads on the left is a waste....

I say we need another left winger than parepiss... Chiesa too was better on the right side so we only has Kostic on the left... I heard Depay was a left winger/as hybrid, so he should be the priority not parepiss...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who are the players who gave possession in a stupid way at the back (our usual blunders when a defender/midfielder passes it badly straight to an opponent) - There were 2 incidents about it

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Who are the players who gave possession in a stupid way at the back (our usual blunders when a defender/midfielder passes it badly straight to an opponent) - There were 2 incidents about it
McKennie had a couple (two bad passes) and Locatelli had one (I don't think he saw the Sass attacker).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Content with the win but obviously unsupportive of the actually ball playing output from this team.... It just baffling to see a McKenney - Zakaria on the mid against a team in disarray, qllegrisaurus scared pussy mentality was on display there, rovella - fagioli should've at least play together in the 2nd half... I totally don't see the need for Paredes, just play the young talents there ffs, and only one of Zakaria or McKenney should play at the same time.so one of fagioli or rovella should get consistent enough playing time even with Pogba back...

Kostic was promising, and as many predicted before, cuads on the left is a waste....

I say we need another left winger than parepiss... Chiesa too was better on the right side so we only has Kostic on the left... I heard Depay was a left winger/as hybrid, so he should be the priority not parepiss...
Your team won the game 3-0. Why do you sound so upset?

Jul 28, 2002
Good game…the lop sided 442 was a horror again but fair play to them all switching up after the drinks break.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Locatelli lost possession 6 times. 81%
Mckennie 5 times 83%
Zakaria 3 times. 93%
Rovella had 100% passing accuracy .

Our worst mid was Mckennie, followed by loca with Zakaria having a good game overall.

Based on statistics from Sofascore app.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Happy overall. Sure we need to improve but the team has a lot of new faces and is missing some key players. We are still looking to bring more players in. We were out of the title race before we even got our first win last season. So getting a 3-0 win in round 1 is a good result.

Add pogba and chiesa and possibly peredes and we do look good.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Overall a good result and decent performance. We do need to improve, that 5-10 minute Sassuolo spell in the 1st half capitalizing on our mistakes, against a top side we could easily have been 2-0 down.

I liked that Allegri let them go for the 3rd goal instead of shutting it down. 2-0 isn't a safe result for this Juve, you concede 1 and anything can happen. We'll see if he continues that approach or not.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #339
    Locatelli lost possession 6 times. 81%
    Mckennie 5 times 83%
    Zakaria 3 times. 93%
    Rovella had 100% passing accuracy .

Our worst mid was Mckennie, followed by loca with Zakaria having a good game overall.

Based on statistics from Sofascore app.
    What about statsbomb? xPoints and heatmaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)