[Serie A] Juventus 3-0 Sassuolo [August 15th, 2022] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
A good start, so so important to start with a win and build positive momentum.

Sandro looked like he was playing for a new contract, Bremer and Bonucci seemed to have a decent understanding, Danilo was solid. Our CM’s weren’t great at all, very anonymous. McKennie is not good enough for this level, Loca is out of position and very limited as a regista and Zak didn’t show much, very weak area for us. Di Maria was absolutely different gravy, can make something happen and understands and reads the game. Vlahovic should have scored a hat trick. Kostic had a couple of dangerous crosses but his team mates weren’t on the same wavelength.

Good start but let’s be clear, we need a few more additions before we can say we’re anywhere near title challengers

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Glad we got the win and controlled things much better in the second half even while in cruise mode, just hope nothing serious in terms of the potential injuries because otherwise we should be able to build on from here, the winning culture is definitely there and maybe finally some of the players understood that we can still get things our way even when they seemingly look to be going the opposite direction, mentality is key, ofc many things can still improve and they sure will if other key reinforcements come in.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Last season, we didn’t get our first win till match day 5, and didn’t win a single league game by 3 goals all season.
Different team last year but still it will boil down to how many injuries we have this season so as to compete for the scudetto.

- - - Updated - - -

A good start, so so important to start with a win and build positive momentum.

Sandro looked like he was playing for a new contract, Bremer and Bonucci seemed to have a decent understanding, Danilo was solid. Our CM’s weren’t great at all, very anonymous. McKennie is not good enough for this level, Loca is out of position and very limited as a regista and Zak didn’t show much, very weak area for us. Di Maria was absolutely different gravy, can make something happen and understands and reads the game. Vlahovic should have scored a hat trick. Kostic had a couple of dangerous crosses but his team mates weren’t on the same wavelength.

Good start but let’s be clear, we need a few more additions before we can say we’re anywhere near title challengers
Need Pogba for the midfield plus paredes in the middle to free up locatelli/mckennie.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Great, great, great. Super happy with that game considering it was first of the season, they were obviously still very tired from preseason, preseason itself ended on a negative note etc.

I wouldn't single anyone out for being bad. Cuadrado was a little invisible, made a couple mistakes. Zakaria too, but better towards the end. Glad he came back on the pitch, hopefully just cramps. Loca started out great, but took himself out of the game with that stupid card early on. But he'll be great, the least of our worries.

Vlahović much better in the second half. Super happy he scored the second.

Di Maria MOTM. Hopefully the injury is not bad, he looked fine moving after the game, slight jog even celebrating with the fans and groin would've cooled by then so fingers crossed

Vlahović, Bremer, Sandro and Danilo right behind him. Perin was excellent too.

Nothing like after a good Juve win. :weee:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Very happy with that start to the season. Improvements needed but we did what we needed and scored 3. Need to improve on how many shots we allowed albeit they were mostly long shots and needed some better decision making in the final third however to stsrt the most important thing was winning and winning convincingly which we did. Hopefully Di Maria is fine.

Found it interesting that Rovella came on and not Fagioli but it might have been a parting gift to the kid.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Have we seen our customary one good game from Sandro a year? Peaked early.

I was shocked in the first few minutes when he bombed forward and turned the defender.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Very refreshing to see. The team was aggressive and fullbacks were overlapping. A lot of good news. Still lack quality in the middle, but all in all, I thought Allegri had a more than welcome approach. Started with a 352 - I actually like that idea -, changed to a 433. Players were thirsty for counter attacks.

Can't really demand high pressing now, since these guys are still getting used to some of each other. I like the rejuvenation, including Perin in the goal. It was great not to see some of the old heads in there. Even Sandro played like he was plugged on.

Team is full of likeable players as is, please keep Arthur, Rabiot, Kean away.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I like that we kept a clean sheet above all and that we looked dangerous despite not registering many shots. I can't remember how many times last year we'd register zero shots on goal in the first half. Hyped for Chiesa and Pogba to come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)