[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2 - 3 Cagliari (01/31/09) (33 Viewers)

Who's to blame for this loss and last performances?

• Coach

• Whole Management

• Players

• Global Warming

• inter inter inter

• James Bond (Daniel Craig)

• Physio Staff

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Jeda will own our defense, tricky mofo. Freshwater is the most clinical prima punta, but man is Jeda a tricky mofo, heading, dribbling, passing, speed, he is tricky in all of them.

In general, as a team they move the ball extremely well and quick. Their way to counter is I hope something Ranieri done his home work on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cagliari will find a representative and say

"Cagliari has found their game and is battling hard for survival. We are currently on form. Juventus are a great team despite losing to Udinese and are fighting hard for the scedutto. But we are coming to Turin to play and we don't fear Juve."
Allegri: Juve should fear Cagliari Saturday 31 January, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cagliari come into tonight’s clash with Juventus brimming with enthusiasm. “Juve should fear us,” grinned Coach Massimiliano Allegri.

The Sardinians are fresh from holding Inter to a draw at San Siro and defeating Lazio 4-1 at the Olimpico, picking up 10 points from an available 12 in 2009.

We are facing a Juventus side that is fired up after the defeat in Udine and wants to make up for that,” said the tactician.

But we are full of enthusiasm and want to put in a good performance, without forgetting that after this we have two relegation battles with Atalanta and Lecce.

“These results will give an important verdict on our future. We don’t want to stop here and need another nine points to ensure safety.”

Cagliari climbed into the top half of the table after three consecutive victories and have made a habit of shocking the big clubs.

“As strange as it may seem, it is easier to take on the major sides because they let you play, opening up the space for you to counter-attack.

“Juventus are a very physical side and it’s going to be difficult, but we will try to stop them the same way we did Inter – by playing our game.

“With the giants that Juve have in defence we certainly cannot try to beat them on that level, so we must focus on quality and pace.”

Paolo Bianco fills in for the injured Diego Lopez, while Allegri hinted he could rotate the squad a little.

On Friday evening Cagliari completed the signing of BATE Borisov midfielder Mikhail Sivakov on a four-year contract, but he won’t be available for tonight’s game.

source: Channel4.com

lol curiously it kinda tallied

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if i remember correctly they beat us last year and that is when we effectively started focusing on the 3rd place.

They are a very tough team to beat and will give a hard time. The return of alex will make a difference but hopefully it would be enough.

also didnt tiago play a really good game against them first time around this season ?

AvoAchdjian

Jun 23, 2007
Last in cagliari we had a tough game, chiellini scored on 91st min. and we won, In torino we suffered a 1-1 draw. it was sissokos first game. today if we score in firts half it will be easy!!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I hate how everyone wants to beat us, and how always before match they say that they don't fear us, that they will give their best etc.

I wish I could see this kind of attitude agains teams like Inter, Milan, Roma...

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #130
    I hate how everyone wants to beat us, and how always before match they say that they don't fear us, that they will give their best etc.

I wish I could see this kind of attitude agains teams like Inter, Milan, Roma...
    Naah, I love it. It makes us special. It makes us like usual the team to beat in Italy. Inter, Milan and Roma are just other teams in Serie A.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    We're Juventus for God's sake !!! you're talking as if we're facing some heavy weight team
    Never underestimate the enemy!

Cagliari are one of those 'wee' teams that will do anything to stiffle Juve's game.

As Allegri said "we will try to stop them the same way we did Inter – by playing our game."

That probably means they will play with one attacker, one midfield/support and pack their goal area with 'defenders'! :faq2:

I hope their tactics fail them!

BTW Bet365 is showing the game! :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)