[Serie A] Juventus 2-2 Salernitana [September 11th, 2022] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The fact he has been since Buffon went away, Perin was on loan when Buffon came back, he was the first GK at the start of the season and Allegri said it multiple times last and this year he is the first GK?

And he's also the better GK. Not by a lot, but he is better
TLDR He is 1st GK because he is 1st GK and it is so because he was 1st GK and the reason for that is he was the 1st GK

Got it, wow that was easy

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The fact he has been since Buffon went away, Perin was on loan when Buffon came back, he was the first GK at the start of the season and Allegri said it multiple times last and this year he is the first GK?

And he's also the better GK. Not by a lot, but he is better
I don't rate perin much but he seems to be in form and i definitely feel safer with him between the sticks. Number 1 goes to whoever performs better.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
TLDR He is 1st GK because he is 1st GK and it is so because he was 1st GK and the reason for that is he was the 1st GK

Got it, wow that was easy
he's my number 1 pick for gk to be honest. i won't get into it, but i also have you as my number 1 pick to miss next game lol

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I don't rate perin much but he seems to be in form and i definitely feel safer with him between the sticks. Number 1 goes to whoever performs better.
Exactly but that’s thinking logically. I wonder if there’s something in his contract that forces the club to field him a certain number of matches. There’s gotta be.

yahjuve

Sep 27, 2021
Sassuolo e Spezia a side, i hope we'll break our tradition of scoring only 1 goal per game.
Two out of six isn't a good average tho

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That rigid line of thinking assumes the number 1 is uncontested, which is clearly not the case here.
It has been a case ever since Buffon left the first time so I am not sure why anyone thought it wouldn't be anymore now.

Woj stayed the first choice after that start last season and bounced back into good form. If that didn't peg him down good form from Perin who was always good won't either imo

Jun 6, 2015
Tek is much better with his feet so if we plan on playing out from the back he definitely adds quite a lot over Perin who is very average with his feet. Their shot stopping ability is more or less equal imo.

Jun 16, 2020
Tek is much better with his feet so if we plan on playing out from the back he definitely adds quite a lot over Perin who is very average with his feet. Their shot stopping ability is more or less equal imo.
Tek loses his passing ability when we are under pressure. Don’t ask me why but I’ve noticed it on multiple occasions during his time here.

But in general, yes, his passing is superior to Perin’s.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's literally not how any club operates. GK is the most stable position everywhere and no matter how well the backup performs when the first guy comes back he's back in
I mean there are numerous examples that contradict this statement. De Gea for example. He left Man U a couple seasons ago because his wife was pregnant and didn't just get handed his spot back when he returned. Henderson started over him for like a month, including the knockout stages of Europa League. And Tek is not De Gea, so he shouldn't be above a benching either. Perin has earned more minutes.

Jun 6, 2015
Tek loses his passing ability when we are under pressure. Don’t ask me why but I’ve noticed it on multiple occasions during his time here.

But in general, yes, his passing is superior to Perin’s.
Yeah I don't think there are many GKs around that are super calm under pressure. Most of them, Tek included, just boot it away when things get a bit too hectic at the back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)