Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Lecce [May 3rd, 2009] (9 Viewers)

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
I feel sad for what buffon is going through.:frown: hopefully he will still stay with us. we really do need him.as he is the heart of the club.. But even though we are going through harsh times i still wear my jersey proudly showing that Juventus is my true love and i will always and forever support her.:ultra: :ultra:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
That 4-3-3 and the choice of players for the 4-3-3 was a huge mistake....Still, most here were thrilled by the starting XI.
We badly miss Momo, Marchisio, Chiello and even Molinaro...

I was happy to see the 4-3-3, because our coach finally tried to change things up after so many poor results; unfortunately we’re missing some important pieces, and as happens too often, Claudio didn't pick a great starting XI. For me, Giovinco is crucial in this setup because he provides a speedy outlet to roam down that left flank; we're desperate for some pace at the moment. Seba is excellent at possessing the ball, and he can combine with, and create for others –after that initial 10 minute burst, we really couldn’t string two passes together that first half. Number 20 can put pressure on defenders in more ways than IQ can and I feel that he forces the other team to be more honest in their positioning. With Seba, we can set up a more controlled pressure, which slows our opponents counterattack.

Given the fact that we were missing half of an already weak starting back four, the 4-3-3 was not the way to go today. Alen is also right that Poulsen should have started ahead of Zanetti.

Still, with the wrong personnel in our 4-3-3 (which we basically never play), we created some decent pressure for the first 10 minutes, before conceding 1 offside, counterattacking goal. We then played a pathetically lackluster half, but didn't really allow Lecce to seriously threaten our goal again. We've certainly had a worse 45 minutes this season playing the 4-4-2 and I’ve certainly seen us play a very good game with a 4-3-3 this season (Chelsea, leg 2).

The 4-3-3 obviously didn't work out today, but neither has our 4-4-2 in awhile. It really shouldn't be a huge deal to start with one formation, and switch to the other if the initial formation proves to be ineffective. Our team is struggling, and it's pretty clear that the issues run much deeper than our formation (even if it was the wrong formation today, given the absentees).

One last thing: people need to chill out a bit on De Ceglie; talk about a vitriolic reaction. He had a poor game, no doubt, but how many poor games have we endured from Moli (and yes, Molinaro is currently a better defender then DC, so save that angle for now), or Grygera? This is definitely the most tense/stressful time of our season (given all of the internal turmoil), and DC wasn't getting much support from his fellow defenders, or the midfield. So he's out of sync, nervous, and unprotected. What did everyone think would happen?

On that second goal, Zebina was totally out to lunch, gave the defender tons of space and all day to cross that ball into the middle; he froze completely flat footed, instead of closing on his man. Olof could only muster a two inch vertical, allowing the ball to pass directly over his head, and as we all saw, De Ceglie totally lost his mark. That goal was not 100% his fault, as some here contend. Three different defenders could have prevented that goal… which obviously highlights our biggest issue.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
fans booing and mocking everybody .. hope someone can translate ranieri's one:

Fabio Cannavaro

Claudio Ranieri

Half time

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
:lol: :lol: good to hear, initially i was for the canna move because i thought it would improve our backline (even though he is an asshole) but after seeing his performance against Barca it'll be molinaro teaching him.

Vaffanculo Cannavaro!!!!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
booing the team half time and after the match is the right thing to do really .. but doing it during the match isn't !!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At least they know what's right for Juventus.
So some kids who sing a song about something not related with the match are the real fans while those others on the stadium who support the players are fake fans, or what?

These "real fans" are probably the same ones who were singing "Balotelli negro di merda" and who were again singing something about Balotelli today (while the other fans on the stadium started booing them).

mondo1

May 14, 2006
hey guys turned off the game at half time cause i had to study... didn't miss much he :D
what was wrong with buffon at half time? and after todays game i really think it isn't even enough to change the coach. we really need a cut here like barca had.
we really need 100mil € to rebuild this squad.
there is no chance that we will see silverware next season with just 2 new starters.
we need atleast 5. i'm not even mad right now... ban me for the reason but i expected this. we really have given up. i think we will draw to milan or can even win it but will lose the week after. we never suck in big games.
but how on earth can he take out camo and dp? i just don't get it... and didn't even bring in gio or trez...
i just hope we finish 3rd.... i'm not even sure about it

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So some kids who sing a song about something not related with the match are the real fans while those others on the stadium who support the players are fake fans, or what?

These "real fans" are probably the same ones who were singing "Balotelli negro di merda" and who were again singing something about Balotelli today (while the other fans on the stadium started booing them).
Hey, they're there, whether you like it or not. So yes, they're fans.

And FUCK Cannavaro. Seriously. We don't need that dunce and HAS-BEEN in the team.

No go on calling me a Barca fan, Alen.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

And FUCK Cannavaro. Seriously. We don't need that dunce and HAS-BEEN in the team.

Fuck Canna indeed.
Sorry, nothing personal. I'm just mad in general with the Turin Juve fans. Like i said previously, our stadium is always half empty, they did shit during Calciopoli and they'll only harm us with their racist remarks or by booing the team.

In their place, i'd support the team atm and try to help in any way possible to get over the crisis and secure the CL spot. But come June and July i won't buy a season ticket until the team shows ambition and starts buying the right players. If 20 000 think the same way as i do, the board will start thinking what went wrong.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Seriously, whoever watched El Classico and still wants Cannavaro as a part of the dream defense we have should be hanged immediately.

At least you have something to be happy about, you, Barca fan :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fuck Canna indeed.
Sorry, nothing personal. I'm just mad in general with the Turin Juve fans. Like i said previously, our stadium is always half empty, they did shit during Calciopoli and they'll only harm us with their racist remarks or by booing the team.

In their place, i'd support the team atm and try to help in any way possible to get over the crisis and secure the CL spot. But come June and July i won't buy a season ticket until the team shows ambition and starts buying the right players. If 20 000 think the same way as i do, the board will start thinking what went wrong.
Fair enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)