Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Lecce [May 3rd, 2009] (24 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
his trophy cabinet is huge, he's won league titles with Ajax, barca and AZ (which is a hell of an achievement), he's also won the champions league, uefa cup and domestic cups. The guy's teams play great football and he can spot talent, the only downside i can think of is that he doesn't speak italian, which could be a problem but he is a lot better than the other available coaches

Makes great tv though.
Cant really argue with that, he is entertaining to watch

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Who says he is available though?
He wanted to leave AZ last year but was persuaded not to, he may leave on a high of winning the title and he has been linked with the bayern job. I'd say he was attainable

He thinks he is the god of football. He is Mourinho without intelligence.
I'd hardly call someone who has won what he has won unintelligent, infact that is the last thing i would call him. He hates the media because he thinks he is smarter than them, which he actually is. He doesn't play the 'press card' very well, but in my book arrogance in a manager is fine if games are won

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
his trophy cabinet is huge, he's won league titles with Ajax, barca and AZ (which is a hell of an achievement), he's also won the champions league, uefa cup and domestic cups. The guy's teams play great football and he can spot talent, the only downside i can think of is that he doesn't speak italian, which could be a problem but he is a lot better than the other available coaches

Cant really argue with that, he is entertaining to watch
Though Barcelona won league more because of Ronaldo and not because of Van Gaal's great tactics, brazilian had the season every attacker dreams about, 47 goals in 49 games. Van Gaal is great at winning Eredivisie, but without Barca he has little expierience elsewhere, and situation in Champions League has changed a lot since his time at Barca. Would be a gamble, but i would take him over cranieri every day of the week, including Sundays. :agree:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Buffon fury fuels Juve tension

Sunday 3 May, 2009

Claudio Ranieri is hanging by a thread with reports of an emergency club meeting and Gigi Buffon storming out.

Juventus fans made their feelings heard after the embarrassing 2-2 home draw to Lecce, which left the team four points adrift of Milan.

It is claimed the squad was kept in the locker room for half an hour after the game in a crisis meeting with President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, general manager Jean-Claude Blanc and director of sport Alessio Secco.

There was further controversy when Buffon walked out during the half-time break, at which point Juve were trailing 1-0.

The goalkeeper spent only three minutes in the locker room and waited for the rest of the break in and around the pitch, where he was seen pacing and muttering angrily to himself.

“Buffon was angry and he was right to be,” explained teammate Vincenzo Iaquinta.

“We should all be angry, because it is not possible to throw away a season like this. We have to understand the causes and not lose our cool.

“The fans have every right to protest, but this climate is certainly not ideal to get the best out of us.

“We still have a chance of reaching our objectives, although we can make no more mistakes.”

Ranieri admitted his future depended on “whether the club continues to have faith in its Coach.”

He could get the answer sooner rather than later, as it is reported an emergency Board of Directors meeting has been arranged for the next few days.

Channel4.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Though Barcelona won league more because of Ronaldo and not because of Van Gaal's great tactics, brazilian had the season every attacker dreams about, 47 goals in 49 games. Van Gaal is great at winning Eredivisie, but without Barca he has little expierience elsewhere, and situation in Champions League has changed a lot since his time at Barca. Would be a gamble, but i would take him over cranieri every day of the week, including Sundays. :agree:
yeah, i cant deny that at that time they had the best team by quite a way in the spanish league, rivaldo as well who was just something else. It would be a bit of a gamble, considering he's only managed in spain and holland, but look at hiddink at chelsea, and he had relitively little club success compared to van gaal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)