Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Lecce [May 3rd, 2009] (22 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Juve collapse confounds Ranieri
Sunday 3 May, 2009
Claudio Ranieri admits he doesn't know why Juventus are faltering so badly and will only continue “if the club has faith in the Coach.”

The Bianconeri were held to a 2-2 draw by Lecce and are now without a win in five games, dropping four points off Milan in second place.

“We were visibly more tired than Lecce and we'll talk over the reasons in the week. They train hard and run with great enthusiasm, so I don't know what could've happened.”

The Stadio Olimpico crowd was furious and aimed numerous chants against the players, tacticians and club directors.

“It isn't pleasing to see those protests, but sometimes they can act as a motivating force,” noted Ranieri.

“We may run more, but we're not really going anywhere because we are tactically not as united and organised. In effect it tires us out.

“I already said 10 days ago that we have to stay quiet and do our best. As with every business, at the end of the season we'll see if the objectives have been reached and our plans for the future.

“If the club still has faith in its Coach then we can carry on. It has been a terrible month, so we have to roll our sleeves up and dig ourselves out of this hole.

“I only see one Juventus and we are all working together to achieve our objectives. We try to win the games, but recently have struggled to do so and we know that more than anyone.”

Once again Juve conceded on counter-attacks and were caught out in stoppages against Lecce.

“I am not accusing the defence specifically, as we score and concede all together, but we have been leaking goals repeatedly for a month.

“The fans are right to be disappointed and so are we. We wanted to end the season on a high and are not managing it. In football what you do today counts, not the day before, so we must get ourselves back on track.”

This afternoon Fabio Cannavaro flew in to Italy for his medical in Perugia, ready to complete a free transfer from Real Madrid.

“There is no meeting with Cannavaro on the agenda,” commented Ranieri.

C4

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Great first post mimo1983... NOT!!! You don't need to hope Milan beat us 6-0, but I can assure you we will get mauled. Perhaps a 4-1 is in order?! I hope I am wrong, and I never wish for us to lose, but I can only see one outcome against Milan, given the circumstances and the way Milan have been playing lately.

Pato, Inzaghi, and Kaka will annihilate us I'm afraid. :scared: :sigh: :moan:

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Ranieri at the start of the season "we can win the scudetto and the champions league"

Ranieri after going out of the champions league "The scudetto will be our main focus now"

Ranieri after going out of the scudetto chase "we must consolidate second place and improve upon last year, our main aim is the coppa italia"

Ranieri after going out of the coppa italia "Second place is still our aim, we are doing better than we did last year, we are in the champions league"

Ranieri after giving milan 2nd place "Let's concentrate on making the CL without making the preliminaries."

Ranieri after dropping into 4th place: "We have to consolidate 4th place and make sure we play champions league football"

Ranieri after dropping into 5th place: "next year juventus will be the first team to win the Europa cup!"
:lol: :lol2:

i still can stand making Champion League with preliminaries as long as the fvcking annoying retared homo clown out from our beloved team , but absolutely NO for 5th place :frown:

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
honestly i think the best msg the fans can send bout their discontent is boycotting the next home game against atalanta

that way it'll be like you guys are on your own if your not going to cherish the history and legendary status of this club that you imbeciles are tainting with your pure shit serie ;C type football

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
4th place is also a disaster. Not only that we'll need to start the season in August (plus, we might be handicaped on the market if we don't have the CL secured. Players might prefer teams with secured CL), but we will also get a tough opponent in the qualifications.
Due to the change of the CL format, the 4th placed team from Italy will be in the tougher qualification group and will get a strong opponent.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Juve collapse confounds Ranieri
Sunday 3 May, 2009
Claudio Ranieri admits he doesn't know why Juventus are faltering so badly and will only continue “if the club has faith in the Coach.”

The Bianconeri were held to a 2-2 draw by Lecce and are now without a win in five games, dropping four points off Milan in second place.

“We were visibly more tired than Lecce and we'll talk over the reasons in the week. They train hard and run with great enthusiasm, so I don't know what could've happened.”

The Stadio Olimpico crowd was furious and aimed numerous chants against the players, tacticians and club directors.

“It isn't pleasing to see those protests, but sometimes they can act as a motivating force,” noted Ranieri.

“We may run more, but we're not really going anywhere because we are tactically not as united and organised. In effect it tires us out.

“I already said 10 days ago that we have to stay quiet and do our best. As with every business, at the end of the season we'll see if the objectives have been reached and our plans for the future.

“If the club still has faith in its Coach then we can carry on. It has been a terrible month, so we have to roll our sleeves up and dig ourselves out of this hole.

“I only see one Juventus and we are all working together to achieve our objectives. We try to win the games, but recently have struggled to do so and we know that more than anyone.”

Once again Juve conceded on counter-attacks and were caught out in stoppages against Lecce.

“I am not accusing the defence specifically, as we score and concede all together, but we have been leaking goals repeatedly for a month.

“The fans are right to be disappointed and so are we. We wanted to end the season on a high and are not managing it. In football what you do today counts, not the day before, so we must get ourselves back on track.”

This afternoon Fabio Cannavaro flew in to Italy for his medical in Perugia, ready to complete a free transfer from Real Madrid.

“There is no meeting with Cannavaro on the agenda,” commented Ranieri.

C4
That is the best bit about this interview, give the job to ciro until the end of the season and then get a proper manager, and not conte. We need a proper manager like Prandelli or Louis Van Gaal

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
4th place is also a disaster. Not only that we'll need to start the season in August (plus, we might be handicaped on the market if we don't have the CL secured. Players might prefer teams with secured CL), but we will also get a tough opponent in the qualifications.
Due to the change of the CL format, the 4th placed team from Italy will be in the tougher qualification group and will get a strong opponent.
so wed end up buying van bommel,perrotta and baptista like players...yippee!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)