[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-2 Genoa (22-Oct-2011) (12 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That's still a lonestriker formation but i agree, at least one of the two wingers should be a goal-scorer and play a little higher. My point is that 2 stay-at-home strikers is ridiculous. We got the second goal with Vucinic playing an AM role but he's only got limited stamina.
I'm just pissed off that Quag who was our best player till injury doesn't get a chance, or DP who still has plenty to offer while the likes of Pepe, Giac, Krasic (with all due respect but he is useless lately) are starters. Seeing Pepe on a field is shocking. He ruined Matri's chance for scoring at 1-1 result I think and every time he gets a ball nothing good comes out of it. He had some clumsy chalenges also. And what a hell was Marotta thinking this summer when he decided not sign quality LB. I tought that this issue would be handled as our RB was with utmost priority.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
2 leads
+
home against Genoa
+
1 point taken away
=
choke
=
midtable team performance

Hard to convince this season. Beating Milan don't mean squat if you cannot find a way to turn it against Chievo and Genoa.

Strap in, because now we're going to face a rough schedule the next couple of weeks.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's safe to say that Conte lost us the other 2 points tonight. Putting Krasic on for Vucinic when he had Del Piero on the bench was suicidal.

Choking against average teams is still our weakness and it will always come biting us in the ass later in the season.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It sucks to wait one whole week for a Juve game and in the end we get this kind of performance :(
In the end we were lucky not to lose. That Caraciolo guy always causes us problems. I remember against Brescia last season, he was constant menace in front of our goal.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
IMO, I also thought Storari was a bit at fault for the last goal, lunging for the ball -- with an attacker who was much closer to the ball -- rather than playing back to go big on any shot his way.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
IMO, I also thought Storari was a bit at fault for the last goal, lunging for the ball -- with an attacker who was much closer to the ball -- rather than playing back to go big on any shot his way.
he could have saved it yes... let's say a goalkeeper in form saves this ball....
but he is the last to be at fault for this goal... krasic chiellini bonucci are def all at fault...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Chiellini is still not used to playing at LB it seems. Teams can easily attack us from that position as Chiellini is either naturally switching to CB all time leaving the left side all empty or is wandering in the midfield. He was at fault for both goals.

Pepe has zero talent. He is tactically undeveloped, if he is a football player it's probably only because of his physique. It was painful to see how he blocked Matri's view to shoot the ball properly.

In the end, we must be thankful that we managed to get a draw.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
he could have saved it yes... let's say a goalkeeper in form saves this ball....
but he is the last to be at fault for this goal... krasic chiellini bonucci are def all at fault...
Rule #1 of goalkeeping is do not get out of goal unless you can make contact with the ball. That Storari failed at entirely.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Rule #1 of goalkeeping is do not get out of goal unless you can make contact with the ball. That Storari failed at entirely.
i don't even remember him getting out.... well first of all krasic lost the ball/ should have attacked the one who crossed the ball in/ man marking chiellini/ bonucci
it was a chain of mistakes and it was bound to happen. i can't blame storari on this one.... even though he did not look to good.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol: at everyone calling Chiellini a left back. Glad to see we played Matri. If our defense finds its feet again after this he will win us games for sure. If he had played more games by now we would have more points on the table no doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)