Serie A: JUVENTUS 2-2 Atalanta [May 17th, 2009] 15:00 CET (2 Viewers)

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Ranieri: We can't carry on like this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri confirms Juventus “can't carry on like this and have to wake up,” but claims he is “99 per cent” sure of keeping his job next season.

The Bianconeri could've closed up on Milan following yesterday's defeat at Udinese, but instead they are just one point clear of Fiorentina.

“It's true, we wasted an opportunity and it was a very strange game, not just because we were playing without the fans,” he said of the 2-2 draw with Atalanta.

“It was strange because we could've won or lost. We hit the bar twice, they did it three times and both teams had chances to score. It was open to any result.

“We wasted a very important opportunity to close in on second place, but we have to keep believing. We have both the chance to catch Milan and be caught by Fiorentina, who are now just a point away.

“One thing is for sure - we have to wake up, because we cannot continue like this.”

Once again Juventus were leaking goals and it was a return to the dismal performances of recent weeks.

“We concede when we are not good at getting back into position. Against Milan we managed to do that and everyone admired the squad, but today we returned to old ways,” sighed Ranieri.

“I expected to repeat the Milan performance and thought we'd be determined, united and leaving our opponents with little space. Instead like the other games we were too soft and sluggish.

“I am aware we're not playing well and took a step back today. It's the last two rounds and we have a huge amount to play for.

“I hope we can realise what it is we're dealing with here, as we could finish second, third or even fourth. If we end up fourth it'll mean losing many players for the Confederation Cup, starting the season early for the preliminary rounds and everything that comes with that.

“There is also the pride of being in the top two for most of the season and then risk losing it all at the end.”

Ranieri was asked of the reports in this morning's edition of Tuttosport that he was headed for Roma in exchange for Luciano Spalletti.

“Tuttosport know everything first, don't they? So I expect they're right again…” he replied sarcastically.

“The media have all the offers and bring them to me, but I never seem to receive any of them.

“I am 99 per cent sure of staying on the Juventus bench.”

/C4

EDIT: Too late :depressed

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what do you want to argue about ?

-that we should sack ranieri immediately ?

there are obviously some difficulties in sacking him right now.

the question is "do we have a replacement?".

since ranieri is not already sacked we do not have a replacement.

i fear that our board did not even start negotiations with any coach =/

sacking someone without having a replacement is surely something you don't

want to see in a professional club like juventus. should we play games without a coach at all ? who makes the formations ?
nedved or anyone else from the team as player-coach ?
a player who obviously would make the formation based on who he likes to play with and not based on the best for the club.

my point is,

i hope we win the last games to hold on to the third place. ranieri will be gone anyways, so no need to discuss this post. sadly ranieri showed that even hiring spaletti would not make our defense look worse than it was lately, still i would prefer another coach.

but as i did not start to argue with anyone, perhaps you would like to argue about another point ?

perhaps you would like to argue about the pride of a player that wears the juve shirt? lets talk about camoranesis recent performances ... or alex'

i will stop here, because here is the least place you could talk objectively about the performances of the fans favourites.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #427
    You're something else :D

But do check, it will soooo go under my sig, what a breathtaking record Ranieri will have :touched:
    Season 1972/1973.....
    8 matches without a win out of 9 straight matches. But between the 4th and the 5th we beat Marseille in the Champions Cup so it's not 8 or more in a row. :p

Still looking for the record. 36 years for now :D

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Ranieri: We can't carry on like this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri confirms Juventus “can't carry on like this and have to wake up,” but claims he is “99 per cent” sure of keeping his job next season.

The Bianconeri could've closed up on Milan following yesterday's defeat at Udinese, but instead they are just one point clear of Fiorentina.

“It's true, we wasted an opportunity and it was a very strange game, not just because we were playing without the fans,” he said of the 2-2 draw with Atalanta.

“It was strange because we could've won or lost. We hit the bar twice, they did it three times and both teams had chances to score. It was open to any result.

“We wasted a very important opportunity to close in on second place, but we have to keep believing. We have both the chance to catch Milan and be caught by Fiorentina, who are now just a point away.

“One thing is for sure - we have to wake up, because we cannot continue like this.”

Once again Juventus were leaking goals and it was a return to the dismal performances of recent weeks.

“We concede when we are not good at getting back into position. Against Milan we managed to do that and everyone admired the squad, but today we returned to old ways,” sighed Ranieri.

“I expected to repeat the Milan performance and thought we'd be determined, united and leaving our opponents with little space. Instead like the other games we were too soft and sluggish.

“I am aware we're not playing well and took a step back today. It's the last two rounds and we have a huge amount to play for.

“I hope we can realise what it is we're dealing with here, as we could finish second, third or even fourth. If we end up fourth it'll mean losing many players for the Confederation Cup, starting the season early for the preliminary rounds and everything that comes with that.

“There is also the pride of being in the top two for most of the season and then risk losing it all at the end.”

Ranieri was asked of the reports in this morning's edition of Tuttosport that he was headed for Roma in exchange for Luciano Spalletti.

“Tuttosport know everything first, don't they? So I expect they're right again…” he replied sarcastically.

“The media have all the offers and bring them to me, but I never seem to receive any of them.

“I am 99 per cent sure of staying on the Juventus bench.”

/C4

EDIT: Too late :depressed
    He's such an idiot, he's still dwelling on that milan match as if it was the best performance the world has ever seen - udinese beat them so I hope he watched that to see a better performance.

Just GTFO Ranieri, how can a coach that has not won in 8 games claim to be 99% sure he will remain?? Such a fucking loser

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    what do you want to argue about ?

want to see in a professional club like juventus. should we play games without a coach at all ? who makes the formations ?
    nedved or anyone else from the team as player-coach ?
    a player who obviously would make the formation based on who he likes to play with and not based on the best for the club.

my point is,

i hope we win the last games to hold on to the third place. ranieri will be gone anyways, so no need to discuss this post. sadly ranieri showed that even hiring spaletti would not make our defense look worse than it was lately, still i would prefer another coach.

but as i did not start to argue with anyone, perhaps you would like to argue about another point ?

perhaps you would like to argue about the pride of a player that wears the juve shirt? lets talk about camoranesis recent performances ... or alex'

i will stop here, because here is the least place you could talk objectively about the performances of the fans favourites.
    My comment about Buffons recent performances were quite objective (an not positive) and I maintain that No Player is bigger than Juventus and If they don't give 100% thy should go, but the manager plays a definite part in getting 100% out of the players perhaps equal to that of the players, in a nutshell;

Shit Board
    Shit Manager
    Shit Performances from what should be our best players
    Shit Purchases

Btw I was offering an over-16 intellect in that post, I know what trying to talk to an idiot about Juve is like, I live in Dublin

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    When players came back after HT then Gigi and CZ where talking and you could read from their faces as if they spoke about who was the bald headed clown in the dressing room at HT.

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #433
    I found it. Record equalised. :)

Season 1970/1971 , 38 years ago.

07.03.1971 serie A- Juventus-Napoli 4:1
    14.03.1971 serie A - Cagliari-Juventus 1:1
    21.03.1971 serie A - Juventus-Torino 3:3
    28.03.1971 serie A - Roma-Juventus 0:0
    04.04.1971 serie A - Juventus-Varese 2:2
    11.04.1971 serie A - Vicenza-Juventus 1:1
    14.04.1971 Fairs' Cup semifinal - FC Köln-Juventus 1:1
    18.04.1971 serie A - Juventus-Inter 1:1
    25.04.1971 serie A - Lazio-Juventus 2:2

28.04.1971 Fairs' Cup semifinal - Juventus- FC Köln 2:0

8 draws in a row. The winless streak is equalised by Ranieri, but in 1971 we had 8 draws in a row while Ranieri made 6 draws and 2 defeats.

Can't look for more. I'm tired.
    Will do if we don't beat Siena.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Make it 25 years for now.

Checking the other seasons.....
    I hope it is somewhere. It's more interesting checking manually :D

30 years for now, btw.
    Checking......
    I doubt anything like this happened before. Maybe at 19th century or the beginning of 20th lol

Are we only 4pts above of Genoa and there is 2 matches left which there is 6 pts potential...??
    Thanx to Chievo's 85th minute goal, the difference is back to 6 and not 4.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001

8 draws in a row. The winless streak is equalised by Ranieri, but in 1971 we had 8 draws in a row while Ranieri made 6 draws and 2 defeats.

I bet he is looking to break that record too, he loves records. What was his last record? Getting beaten by Cagliari in Torino in 29 years or something? What else he achieved?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I bet he is looking to break that record too, he loves records. What was his last record? Getting beaten by Cagliari in Torino in 29 years or something? What else he achieved?
    Another record we forgot... being the first coach to get locked in a toilet by a player for more than half an hour :lol:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

the funny thing is that record is actually better than our last 8 games. Ranieri is the ultimate loser

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    My comment about Buffons recent performances were quite objective (an not positive) and I maintain that No Player is bigger than Juventus and If they don't give 100% thy should go, but the manager plays a definite part in getting 100% out of the players perhaps equal to that of the players, in a nutshell;

Shit Board
    Shit Manager
    Shit Performances from what should be our best players
    Shit Purchases

Btw I was offering an over-16 intellect in that post, I know what trying to talk to an idiot about Juve is like, I live in Dublin
    i do not know who here does not give realistic opinions about players so in most cases i do generalize that many/most here have their
    favourite players and their most hated players that will never be reviewed rational by them.

Shit Board
    in a footballing sense yes, from an economic view not.

many here insulted the board for cutting down the wages of stars like alex,
    trez and so on (many claimed that you may not treat a god like alex this way), but when we look at it now it was a smart thing to do.

if we did not cut down thoses wages we probably could not afford as many transfers as we did
    (even when those transfers might not have been that good)

i think many things have been done good by the board that go unappreciated because as football fan you probably don't look at the clubs finances and so on. they have done things bad on the footballing aspect yes, but what do you expect when you appoint pure businessmen on the vacant spots. they got to learn to find the right balance between running the business in an economic reasonable way but still successful as a football club.

Shit Manager
    In regards to Ranieri, he did some things well, the team did perform in the first half of the season pretty good (considering the injuries), but when the injuries were less the improvement was just not there and we even played less good. perhaps he really is a better fireman in regards of minimizing bad influences in struggling teams. why i don't want to sack him now ?

because we do not have a replacement ... i repeat it "we do not have a replacement". it is not like "we do not have a good replacement", no we have NO replacement .. not even a person that we know of that we could place there until the end of the season. since the board are at least proper business men i hope the already prepared something for the time after ranieri, so we can just hope the next one is better.
    surely a change of coach can bring something to unmotivated players. so at least in this departmend we can improve for sure (for at least 4 month until the next crisis)
    one big thing that he did wrong was, that he had no guts to bench some of the stars that were not performing. i can understand that it is difficult as coach of juventus and so many "fans" that just want to see their alex. regardless if he plays shit or not.

i guess he has not enough authority for that (but i don't know a managers name i would be sure who would have enough authority to do that ... other than capello).

Shit Performances
    i don't believe that a player can always be motivated by a coach. that is something they try to tell you in movies like "every goddamn sunday" (dont know the correct name of the movie with a. pacino right now). if a player does not give a fuck than a coach can not do much about it.
    the problems with simple passes and the long ball tactic is really something that should be adressed in training, but since i do not know what is trained under the weak, i can not say if ranieri did not practise that or if the players errors are of psychological nature

OP
    Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #440

want to see in a professional club like juventus.
    But we have absolutely nothing to lose atm. The assistant coach is taking over the fired coach when similar things happen. Grant at Chelsea last year, remember?

The thing now is that we secured the 4th place and all we can lose is the 3rd place. But with the way we play and the results we achieve with Ranieri, we're destined to lose the 3rd place.
    It can't get worse than it is, but it could get better if the players know that Ranieri won't be the coach. Knowing that a new coach is coming, they will try to impress in the last rounds, trying to keep their place in Juve next year.

Not only that....we see that Ranieri can't get it right anymore. Since it can't get worse than it is, it can either be the same or it could be better with the carataker coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)