[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-2 Atalanta [July 11th, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Im sorry but I just cant sit and hear that crap that comes from Sarri "how we changed the game"
With all due respect to Atalanta - Juve are a way bigger club with bigger pockets and that "Super Sarri" was brought in order to take us to the next level in terms of play.
What happened is that Atalanta completely dominated us in the first half while we "controlled" the game in the second half.
The reason Im mocking that second half is - It means nothing if you just hold the ball and not really doing something to danger the opponent.

I just hope that whatever the outcome of this season Sarri goes home! We were supposed to play "beautiful football" - Isnt it the reason for his arrival?!
Im not enjoying his football and Im sure you arent as well.
Very predictable style, many hesitations and the only who is really doing something serious is Dybala.

3-4-1-2 4-3-3 4-3-1-2 diamond or even a different formations - The formation doesnt really matter but its interpretation.
I think Gasperini could do a very good job here as we have the defenders he needs while our attackers (names wise) are better than Atalanta + he could bring whoever he wants as its not as if Atalanta can say no to Juve if we offer good cash.

Yesterday at least for me it felt we simply robbed Atalanta as we really created nothing and only two lucky handballs gave us the point.
Meanwhile I saw Atalanta having the space to shoot.

Another thing is A.Sandro - I mean, I usually rate him as the best LB in the world but something happened to him. His closing on the Melinarsky goal was simply late and awful and it comes after that "assist" vs Milan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You don't buy ronaldo 100 million with his huge salary to be page 1, but to help us to win the champions league . The Portuguese cycle isn't going to go on for next 10 years, and it's been already 2 years of wasted.
We signed him when Allegri was coach though.

Like it or not if you sign a coach like Sarri it's the start of a process. You'd expect to see considerably better in year 2 then 3. Stumbling over the line it's not surprising, but only winning the scudetto would be acceptable for this season.

So Atalanta played better than us, they're in better shape and won 9 games in a row. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin when your opponent looks more cohesive and fitter, and grind out the result you need.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007

Like it or not if you sign a coach like Sarri it's the start of a process. You'd expect to see considerably better in year 2 then 3. Stumbling over the line it's not surprising, but only winning the scudetto would be acceptable for this season.

So Atalanta played better than us, they're in better shape and won 9 games in a row. Sometimes you just have to take it on the chin when your opponent looks more cohesive and fitter, and grind out the result you need.
The improvement should be like so much after the summer, I find it hard to believe this could be possible

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
What is "a coach like Sarri"? He is the Italian version of Guardiola (49 years old - 29 trophies) and Klopp (53 years old - 9 trophies) at 61 with one EL trophy? He has proven that he is worthy with what? Even at his best he didn't manage to take the title with Napoli. Napoli's most exciting football failed miserably in the CL under him.

Why he deserves a chance? With 1 EL trophy at the age of 61? Why the fuck should we wait for his magical football for 2-3 years?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Why can't all Italian coaches be this humble. If it was any other coach it would be a scandal.
Actually this is the first time he's been rational when it's about Juve :)
Maybe there's something being cooked behind the scenes!

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
considering wage budgets of two teams, shameful performance.
Who cares anymore? We all know that we perform in the most disgusting of ways. Who cares that Sarri is our manager anymore? We all know he is an incompetent bum. Focus on the points and the title that is coming. It's a lot easier. Enjoy the fact that the got these two penalties and the point and that Muriel caused the second one.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What is "a coach like Sarri"? He is the Italian version of Guardiola (49 years old - 29 trophies) and Klopp (53 years old - 9 trophies) at 61 with one EL trophy? He has proven that he is worthy with what? Even at his best he didn't manage to take the title with Napoli. Napoli's most exciting football failed miserably in the CL under him.

Why he deserves a chance? With 1 EL trophy at the age of 61? Why the fuck should we wait for his magical football for 2-3 years?
So he's come up the hard way? How is he going to win a notable trophy when he's managing in the lower leagues for 20 years? Gasperini has also won nothing, he's 62. You made the comparison with Guardiola, which is ridiculous for many reasons. Klopp took over as Liverpool boss in October 2015 and won his first trophy in May 2019. But he is an extremely popular person and played (at times brainless) attacking football, so the majority of fans stuck with him. Sarri is not a likeable character, but he doesn't care about being a champion of the people.

The only team other than Chelsea (won the EL in one season) where Sarri could have won anything was directly facing our Juventus, the most dominant domestic side in history.

I don't really feel like I'm enough of a fan of Sarri to say that he is or was my ideal choice, not at all, but we took on a project coach knowing full well that it would take some time to work out. If the club rip it up after one season then they showed their stupidity by hiring him in the first place.

Considering the season has been split in two, and the difficulties that all teams face in playing these games close together, you can forget the script and putting the finished article on the pitch. You can't play high tempo, pressing football with a squad running at half speed. We need to manage a game at a time, get over the finish line and see where that leaves us for the CL.

I understand that the average football fan has the patience of a 6 week old puppy, but I'd like to think the club would take into account a settling-in period, especially in the circumstances. I think we're ran well enough for that. It could be that Sarri's football cannot be transposed across the standard Juventus way, or maybe it can't at any really big club. I have serious doubts myself that it can be done, because I think it's always that bit harder to do it whilst having the pressure to constantly win games and trophies. But if we have to find that out whilst winning another scudetto then I can put up with this grave hardship.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

Just to add to what Jay said, Sacchi was a nobody when he took over at Milan and he revolutionised football.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Atalanta was by far the better team. Great job by Gasperini. I would not mind him here and he knows the environment . He coached or Under 21 for a while.
The only negative, his system would be difficult with Ronaldo here. He uses a 3-4-1-2 and CR7 likes to come from the left. WE have 3 great central defenders.
We can use Cuadrado and Alex Sandro as wing back. Bentancur , I really do not see him as the CM in a Midfield of 3, to much bad passes, to confused ,and Arthur as central duo.. Dybala and Ronaldo in front,and I would really like to see Papu Gomez in our team. .
Can you see Gomez and Dybala playing together,, moving around Ronaldo. Yes I know he is 32. Maybe Zaniolo could do similar things, Maybe it is just a dream.
I just would like to see Juventus show us better football.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri is very disappointing . We do not have an identity . He has a certain style and never change a thing. He looked very confused to me.
Juventus is not Napoli. He is not Sacchi. Sarri is not revolutionizing football . He did a great job with Dybala, where Allegri was totally wrong to play him where he put him.
I know many here liked Allegri (sacked at Milan). I was never a great fan. He came at the right time , just when Serie A was a poor mans league. It has improved since then.
I would not mind seeing him in Inter. Every coach has failed even Conte couldn't change a thing so far. Would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
So he's come up the hard way? How is he going to win a notable trophy when he's managing in the lower leagues for 20 years? Gasperini has also won nothing, he's 62. You made the comparison with Guardiola, which is ridiculous for many reasons. Klopp took over as Liverpool boss in October 2015 and won his first trophy in May 2019. But he is an extremely popular person and played (at times brainless) attacking football, so the majority of fans stuck with him. Sarri is not a likeable character, but he doesn't care about being a champion of the people.

The only team other than Chelsea (won the EL in one season) where Sarri could have won anything was directly facing our Juventus, the most dominant domestic side in history.

I don't really feel like I'm enough of a fan of Sarri to say that he is or was my ideal choice, not at all, but we took on a project coach knowing full well that it would take some time to work out. If the club rip it up after one season then they showed their stupidity by hiring him in the first place.

Considering the season has been split in two, and the difficulties that all teams face in playing these games close together, you can forget the script and putting the finished article on the pitch. You can't play high tempo, pressing football with a squad running at half speed. We need to manage a game at a time, get over the finish line and see where that leaves us for the CL.

I understand that the average football fan has the patience of a 6 week old puppy, but I'd like to think the club would take into account a settling-in period, especially in the circumstances. I think we're ran well enough for that. It could be that Sarri's football cannot be transposed across the standard Juventus way, or maybe it can't at any really big club. I have serious doubts myself that it can be done, because I think it's always that bit harder to do it whilst having the pressure to constantly win games and trophies. But if we have to find that out whilst winning another scudetto then I can put up with this grave hardship.
I waited quite some time before complaining, and I usually really value the idea of giving managers time. Inzaghi, Gasperini, Conte etc they all grew and got better year by year at their respective clubs.

Its also not fair to compare Sarri first season here to his last season at Napoli, or Inzaghi’s third season at Lazio mostly due the difference in time and organizing those teams to their managers ideas over the years.

Its just bothering me a lot that Sarri doesn’t delivers in big games. We got so lucky with Lazio’s form and the penalties yesterday, things went out way and we’ll win the Scudetto but it’s mostly due to luck than to our own qualities. Not to forget the Supercoppa and the Coppa, usually meaningless trophies, but for me it was a test to see if Sarri could handle the pressure.

Its not only implementing Sarriball, there’s enough time to work that into detail, we’re still missing the fundamentals which are having a winning mentality and having a good organization. Without those things you’ll always suck.

What I also don’t like is our approach in attacking corners. How the hell do we never score them while we’re having Ronaldo, Bonucci and De Ligt? It’s a weapon we forgot how to master under Sarri.

Apr 17, 2013
That part has been explained too. Just because you buy Ronaldo or Messi doesn't guarantee a success in the CL. You can see that with us or Barcelona who are struggling for years.
On the other hand you have PSG and City who have spent a billion dollars on transfers and didn't even make it to the semis.
Simply put, there's no defined way to win the CL. If money could fix it there are clubs in Europe ready to pay any price.
Assuming we won't win the CL with Ronaldo in our ranks would you say it was a mistake to get him? Because I would not. I enjoy every game with him wearing our shirt.
Agree, but I said he came to help us win it, not automatically win it. The problem is that we are moving away from this objective, between elimination last year against Ajax and our ridiculous performance against a team as Lyon. We have invested heavily and we are regressing, there must be a problem somewhere within the club that the team who was eliminated against Real Madrid is better than the one that has Ronaldo in its line-up.

9 months that Sarri is here if someone is able to tell me the evolution of our gameplay between him and Allegri I want him to explain me. Our problems remain the same:
- positioning of Dybala
- our asthmatic MF is dull
- Ronaldo doesn't have enough support in attack
- our fullback are useless

With all these points, I see only a continuity of the Allegri project, with the same deficiencies, which goes into the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)