[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Sassuolo [September 16th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Didnt understand de Zerbi not using Babacar until the last minutes of the game. His performance against Genoa was beast, probably the best individual performance Ive seen this season, benching him for a complete bum like Duricic was wtf

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Can someone make a quick resume of how we played, please. Skipped first match in 1 year and a half. What juve turned up?
The energy conserving one or something else?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Can someone make a quick resume of how we played, please. Skipped first match in 1 year and a half. What juve turned up?
The energy conserving one or something else?
I'd say something in the middle. Sassuolo played well and were compact, so we struggled to break them down. Ronaldo scored but missed some golden chances. Then Douglas Costa lost his shit.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I am happy. Wasn't entertaining to watch but we avoided a real potential early season banana skin loss against a streaking and highly confident Sassuolo right before a crucial CL match and our GOAT got two too.

Fucking dumbass Douglas Costa though. I would say make him sit in the Bonucci/ dunce chair next game but it is a crucial CL fixture against difficult team and he is best attacker so he needs to play.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We looked pretty stale to be honest. Midfield trio of giannichedda, giannichedda and giannichedda was uninspiring.
yeah reminded me of days we had a mid of sissoko and poulsen together
. god i wish we could have got pogba in summer.

this mid needs pjanic to play always, instead of khedira in a mid 3. khedira is very average and i find in every game now he occpiies same space ronaldo does, getting in his way.

either play dybala in a deeper role to help build up play and ball retention with cuadrado and costa on flanks and matuidi/can and pjanic or always play pjanic with can and matuidi

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
matuidi, can and Khedira is just too much. They make eachother redundant even in their cover work.
The simpel solution is Matuidi and pjanic pairing and have some more of Costa, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi on the pitch.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
matuidi, can and Khedira is just too much. They make eachother redundant even in their cover work.
The simpel solution is Matuidi and pjanic pairing and have some more of Costa, Cuadrado and Bernardeschi on the pitch.
That was my first thought too, but as an afterthought I guess Allegri did everything right in this particular game.

Sassuolo's players are physically strong and agressive, so Max had to answer to this with physically and psychologically strong, aggressive miedfield, which, actually, could only be Matuidi + Can + Khedira.

Pjanic would've been not strong enough for such a game, and would've been definitely sent off due to the dirty and provocative style of playing Sassuolo offered on the pitch. Bernardeschi is also way too emotional and always eager to respond to opponent's dirty tricks. Even Bentancur could've been brought in only when the game was already decided, which indeed happened.

So, brilliant work by the coach.

Last edited:

sonny

Apr 8, 2018
How much more expensive is it compared to the previous year?
Not sure 100% but for example for the first home match (against Lazio) I found tickets around 20% more expensive than others.

Maybe the members that use to go often to J stadium may clear us about this point.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good job at chopping that head off!
You can credit the broadcasters for that.

Always good to see your wise posts here. :D

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
So again, why was Khedira Captain?

Thought the order would be: Chiello, Barza, Dybala, Mandzukic.... because of most appearences, while Bonucci due to his sabbatical year doesn't count...

bb15f809-5d9a-44df-b603-55bf62beb45b.png

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So again, why was Khedira Captain?

Thought the order would be: Chiello, Barza, Dybala, Mandzukic.... because of most appearences, while Bonucci due to his sabbatical year doesn't count...
Because Chiellini and Barza weren't playing and a captain isn't just based on appearances. Nobody else has Khedira's experience and he may be more of a leader in the dressing room than Dybala and Mandzukic. Not really something to worry about though Chiellini is our captain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)