[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Fiorentina (25-Oct-2011) (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully this match will teach us that yet another SS wont change everything.
As expected Conte is now ready to compromise the solidarity of the 3 man midfield and expose the defense a bit more, whilst opting for a second forward as the extra man.
This is exactly what we hoped for, at least i hoped for...
But but, we came against our material limitations.

IMO we have neglected needs on the defense and finisher department.
It is unwise to keep spending our budget on new SS and CM each and every year and not buying the LB/CB and finisher we need more.

A slightly more solid defense and a slightly more prolific forward would have easily finished the game with authority.
This is my standard point of criticism over our transfer priorities and IMO it will keep haunting us until we realize it and decide to do smth about it...

I m still glad that we are dominating though and we are starting to reach the maximum of our capabilities.
I m, also really glad about Matri's goal, its really important for his morale to start scoring consistently, as i see him as our best option for the striker role.

The sadest thing is that our investment on Vucinic is turning out to be exactly what i expected...

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
By the way I dont understand why you say Pepe is playing bad when he actually wasnt bad at all
The only thing bad was the finishing thing if you take his 1 on 1 chance or if you take Matri`s pass where Pepe missed the ball
In terms of creating and defending he was quite good actually and this is coming from someone who think Pepe is only good for his workrate
:tup:

I'm not sure if I like Pepe too. But he is a warrior, I respect warriors.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
The first half performance was the best Juve have played so far this season. Really unlucky, should have been 3/4 up by end of first half.

Behrami - what a homophobic twat, should have been sent off.

Matri for MOM.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
First half was fantastic in terms of how we approched the game. It was unfortunate that we didnt finish more of the numerous chances we created. We really pinned Viola back and pressed them relentlessly in the first half, it was great to see. Besides the "lack" of goals, it was easily our most impressive half of football of the season so far.

In the 2nd half we inexplicably took our foot off the pedal and allowed Fiorentina to get back into the game and we were deservedly punished when they equalised. The annoying aspect is, you could almost sense that they would find an equaliser after our first half in which we wasted a plethora of chances. We cannot allow ourselves to do this throughout the season.

Luckily Matri pulled one back for us and we were able to close the game out and claim the 3 points. We haven't beaten these guys for nearly 3 years and damn it feels good to finally get a win against them again :)

Matri MOM. Great performance, he is hitting some good form for us. He is a very clinical finisher, I like that. I also want to compliment Barzagli who has been absolutely fantastic so far this season. He is turning out to be a great signing from Marotta, he only cost us about 300K. Brilliant stuff, I hope he keeps this up.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The sadest thing is that our investment on Vucinic is turning out to be exactly what i expected...
I don't know what did you expect but so far I'm getting from him a good deal of what I expected - Finally a player after DP who can really play the ball well and move tremendously, combine well with the other players in the final third. I also expect 10-15 goals and a good number of assists. As for the negatives I expected not a great % of converted chances and inconsistency.

Imo today's formation was perfect (the midfield and attacking set up) and we should use it because we're getting the best out of all those 6 players in this formation. Very well balanced team where the midfield gives excellent protection to the defense, where Vucinic's attacking characteristics are covered at the back by a CB performing as LB and where Pepe's stamina and defense protection allow Licht to play in attack too.
Maybe it's not great, and it isn't indeed, but this tonight was the best Conte can do regarding the system and the players used in it (bar Buffon).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)