[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Fiorentina (25-Oct-2011) (1 Viewer)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Matri is capable of 20 goals this season. We should always play him whether it be in a one or two striker system. The man knows how to get it done.

The 4-3-3 seems to work well but that's against players who want to score against us. I still don't see it working against defensive teams and I hope Conte deploys the 4-2-4 to open the game up in those situations. For the up coming games however, the 4-3-3 seems suitable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Matri is capable of 20 goals this season. We should always play him whether it be in a one or two striker system. The man knows how to get it done.

The 4-3-3 seems to work well but that's against players who want to score against us. I still don't see it working against defensive teams and I hope Conte deploys the 4-2-4 to open the game up in those situations. For the up coming games however, the 4-3-3 seems suitable.
:tup:

I'm also convinced that the 4-4-2 is the way to go against provincial sides.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The first half performance was the best Juve have played so far this season. Really unlucky, should have been 3/4 up by end of first half.

Behrami - what a homophobic twat, should have been sent off.

Matri for MOM.
Behrami hassled our players well.

PS: you say homophobic as though it's an insult

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bit of an odd game, really.

Dominant showing in the first half, with good pressing to win the ball back quickly. However, there was a lack of cutting edge given how much possession and territory Juve had.

It was predictable that Fiorentina would equalise, since Juve hadn't put the game away, but at least Juve reacted.

A lot of the defensive problems are being caused by Juve not winning enough headers. All too frequently the opposition is winning the high ball or the ball is being allowed to drop, which is just asking for trouble.

Very good game from Matri. Aside from the goal, he led the line excellently.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The 4-3-3 system is the best system against all teams for us in my view.....but that is as long as 2 of the 3 are strikers. i.e Elia-Matri-Vucinic or Quagliarella-Matri-Krasic etc. Matri has to be be a starter no matter what. His finishing is just too good at the moment.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
442 against the provincial sides isn't going to work. We give the ball away too often with our piss poor wingers in the 442 to control the game. We tend to get countered easily as a result. Our 3 man midfield is more annoying to play against than 2 in the middle with the 442.

Our flow is so much better in the 433. Our CM's work off & compliment each other so much better in this formation. When we control the midfield we will control the game and likely the result. Eventually we will grind down the team.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
442 against the provincial sides isn't going to work. We give the ball away too often with our piss poor wingers in the 442 to control the game. We tend to get countered easily as a result. Our 3 man midfield is more annoying to play against than 2 in the middle with the 442.

Our flow is so much better in the 433. Our CM's work off & compliment each other so much better in this formation. When we control the midfield we will control the game and likely the result. Eventually we will grind down the team.
Well our games against provincial sides would tell you otherwise. We've played the 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 against provincial sides so far and the result has been changes to 4-2-4 in the second halves because of the lack of chances and over crowding in midfield. Every time we played the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against provincial sides we've seen slow play with few chances. The 4-2-4 opens up the game against those types of sides and the proof has been right in front of us.

I think by we can begin to come to a conclusion as to what we should be playing against who. Looking at each game played so far the patterns are forming and they indicate that 4-2-4 opens up defensive provincial sides while 4-3-3 fails at doing that. The 4-3-3 overwhelms more competitive midfields and because those teams are pushing to win we have more space to attack in the first place

Look at the games, the results, the tactics and the amount of chances at scoring. With time the distinction has become clear to make. We have two strategies that work for two different types of opposition - ones that want to win (4-3-3/4-5-1) and ones that want to draw(4-2-4).

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think a trident will work better vs. the small teams than our 4-4-2 with those shit wingers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Nenna: Do you have the games we started with the 424 (and results?)? I'd like to check em out if you happen to know off hand.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Great first half. Pepe fucked up a lot, whoever says he's great needs to get banned, you're blind. That assist was such a fluke and all credit goes to Matri for being able to read it and finish like a champ.

If we purchase a great right winger that can play on the right of the 4-3-3 we'll have the most complete attack and mid in Serie A. The defense still needs some work, although can't really blame anyone for Jovetic's goal, that mofo has skill.

MATRIII is a fucking monster! Only Balotelli is on better form than him out of all the Italian attackers. Fuck Rossi.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
@Nenna: Do you have the games we started with the 424 (and results?)? I'd like to check em out if you happen to know off hand.
Do your own research. I have every game downloaded from this season. Against Parma most goals so far in the one game with the 4-2-4. Against Chievo we changed from the 4-5-1 which wasn't working to the 4-2-4 which immediately opened up the game and gave us more opportunities. Again against Catania we played a straight 4-3-3 which failed terribly and eventually changed back to the 4-2-4 and again our game flowed much more easily. Verse Genoa, 4-2-4 produces two goals.

In those games when we did start the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against provincial sides it failed to create any clear cut chances and its no coincidence that Conte changed back to 4-2-4 on just about every occasion. The 4-5-1 against Milan allowed us to dominate but again we created next to no chances and really were lucky to score at all. The 4-3-3 is obviously the way to go against teams who are looking to actually dominate us and beat us but only with Matri up front. Now Conte seems to have understood this logic as well when he played a 4-2-4 against Genoa and followed up with the 4-3-3 against Fiorentina.

I forgot the Siena game in which we also played the 4-2-4. We weren't clinical but we played an open game our forwards had plenty of space and we ended up clinching the win. Our first half against Bologna was the same. We played a good and open first half and should have scored more than one goal. So I think the 4-2-4 against those provincial sides has proven itself worthy. The 4-3-3/4-5-1 has done the very opposite. Only on one occasion has it really worked well for us and that was last night.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Pretty good game from us. I was quite impressed by how we played without the ball. Good pressing, right movements, smart runs, ...

However, we do have consistency problems. There always seem to be moments during a game when we "forget" what we're doing. Don't know whether it's a physical issue or a concentration problem, but it needs to be addressed asap.
Also, we're not (playing) smart enough.

Storari 6 - No howlers but too insecure for my liking.
Lichtsteiner 6,5 - Solid game, most of his crosses were actually decent as well, shame no one was able to connect to them.
Barzagli 6,5 - Again no complaints.
Bonucci 6 - Still our weakest link. Funny how he was very alert up front for the goal, but often isn't at the back.
Chiellini 6,5 - Positionally awkward as LB, again. But actually quite solid yesterday.
Pirlo 6 - I won't dispute his importance to the team, but I'm getting fed up with the unnecessary risks he keeps on taking. He really should be smarter.
Marchisio 7 - Vital part of this team. Smart game.
Vidal 6 - Already an important part of the team imo. High marks for workrate & running, which are mostly cancelled out by his poor precision & decision making.
Pepe 7,5 - As clumsy as it all looks, he does make it happen.
Vucinic 6 - Can't say he was bad, but how many chances could you honestly need to score a goal?
Matri 8 - Massive performance. If someone deserved the winning goal, it was clearly him.

Esti -
De Ceglie -
Pazienza -

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Pretty good game from us. I was quite impressed by how we played without the ball. Good pressing, right movements, smart runs, ...

However, we do have consistency problems. There always seem to be moments during a game when we "forget" what we're doing. Don't know whether it's a physical issue or a concentration problem, but it needs to be addressed asap.
Also, we're not (playing) smart enough.

Storari 6 - No howlers but too insecure for my liking.
Lichtsteiner 6,5 - Solid game, most of his crosses were actually decent as well, shame no one was able to connect to them.
Barzagli 6,5 - Again no complaints.
Bonucci 6 - Still our weakest link. Funny how he was very alert up front for the goal, but often isn't at the back.
Chiellini 6,5 - Positionally awkward as LB, again. But actually quite solid yesterday.
Pirlo 6 - I won't dispute his importance to the team, but I'm getting fed up with the unnecessary risks he keeps on taking. He really should be smarter.
Marchisio 7 - Vital part of this team. Smart game.
Vidal 6 - Already an important part of the team imo. High marks for workrate & running, which are mostly cancelled out by his poor precision & decision making.
Pepe 7,5 - As clumsy as it all looks, he does make it happen.
Vucinic 6 - Can't say he was bad, but how many chances could you honestly need to score a goal?
Matri 8 - Massive performance. If someone deserved the winning goal, it was clearly him.

Esti -
De Ceglie -
Pazienza -
Totally agree with your ratings :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)