[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-1 Atalanta (20th February, 2015) (2 Viewers)

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
No, we are delusional because we think Serie A is good.
:lol: Shhhhhht. Even Torino is better than half teams in Europa League. But since players with big paychecks usually don't play here the whole league is fucked, I get you. Violence, old stadiums, take your pick, but the pitch says something else, unfortunately for you. Never seen a guy acting so smart and being a complete ****.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol: Shhhhhht. Even Torino is better than half teams in Europa League. But since players with big paychecks usually don't play here the whole league is $#@!ed, I get you. Violence, old stadiums, take your pick, but the pitch says something else, unfortunately for you. Never seen a guy acting so smart and being a complete ****.
Look, I grew up watching Serie A, so I'm not exactly happy. But you mentioned other important issues that make the league poor. Serie A is the weakest of the top four leagues now even in performance on the pitch in my view. Throw in the other items and it is a disaster. It won't get any better any time soon either.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Best Pirlo performance in a long while, and no its because of the goal, even if it was amazing, nor does he create even a 5th of what he used to, but immense hustle defensive work in midfield today, total warrior, won more tackles and intercepted more balls then everyone.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Hard fought win, but its the result that counts.

We are still too wasteful and looking a bit soft at the back. How many times are we going to concede goals like today?

Also, I have never seen a ref so determined to side against us on every even remotely debatable decision, two of their players tackled each other and Tevez got a foul against him!!!
:agree:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Look, I grew up watching Serie A, so I'm not exactly happy. But you mentioned other important issues that make the league poor. Serie A is the weakest of the top four leagues now even in performance on the pitch in my view. Throw in the other items and it is a disaster. It won't get any better any time soon either.
good point
In the past 15 years, Serie A has had 3 CL champions and 2 runners up.Over the last 15 years Serie A has had a significant fall and rebirth over the last 30 it looks more like just a fall. bundesliga and La Liga and Premier League have done far better than Italy in the Europa League in the last few years despite doing marginally worse in the CL, thus the Bundesliga and La Liga and Premier League gaining the 4th spot.

Dec 8, 2014
good point
In the past 15 years, Serie A has had 3 CL champions and 2 runners up.Over the last 15 years Serie A has had a significant fall and rebirth over the last 30 it looks more like just a fall. bundesliga and La Liga and Premier League have done far better than Italy in the Europa League in the last few years despite doing marginally worse in the CL, thus the Bundesliga and La Liga and Premier League gaining the 4th spot.
I think this issue is more one of Italian mentality rather than poor performance. In Italy, the only thing that matters is winning the championship and the Champions League. No one cares about the Europa League. It is treated as a distraction and a hindrance by the clubs, much like the Coppa Italia, which teams only really try to win once they reach the semi finals. In the rest of Europe, everybody wants to win everything. Which is why these Spanish and Portuguese sides do so well in the Europa League and keep their co-efficient so high. It is the same with the Italian national team. They haven't lost a competitive qualifier in something like 9 years. But they were a pot 2 seed for the World Cup last year because they don't take friendly games seriously and their world ranking suffers as a result.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
I really hope this year the italian teams take the EL more seriously,after all 5 teams are in the 1/16's round.
Even with Torino and maybe Roma are looking like going out,still Napoli,Inter,Fiorentina can go far imo.
There not many strong teams in the competition,Wolfsburg,Sevilla,Tottenham,Liverpool.that's it pretty much.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Exemplary performance in preparation for the Dortmund game. Giving away the ball away in midfield, resulting in a counter, and conceding from a corner. This is exactly what we can't be doing against Dortmund :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)