[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Sampdoria [July 26th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So it's Sarri's fault players are not motivated?
i thought it was common knowledge here that not being able to motivate the players anymore got allegri fired. so yes mate, as every other coach out there, sarri should obviously be able to motivate his players, as that's part of their job description.

btw yesterday wasn't about motivation, it was about physical preparation gone south long ago, tactical stubbornness, game management and the result of the lack of rotation skills. i saw a motivated, but tired and unprepared team.

and yes, being able to keep the score is an important part of a competent coach's skillset. somebody did the math already, and if it's accurate, it's a terrible indication of how fragile sarriventus is: we lost 18 points from a winning position. 3 of those 18 would have already sealed the scudetto.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So, if he isn't responsible for ensuring the players are fit, isn't supposed to motivate them, isn't responsible for their nutrition, what does he do exactly? Just make sure he has 11 guys to step onto the pitch and play his shitty football? I'd like to think we pay him a shitload of money to do a bit more than that.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
i thought it was common knowledge here that not being able to motivate the players anymore got allegri fired. so yes mate, as every other coach out there, sarri should obviously be able to motivate his players, as that's part of their job description.

btw yesterday wasn't about motivation, it was about physical preparation gone south long ago, tactical stubbornness, game management and the result of the lack of rotation skills. i saw a motivated, but tired and unprepared team.

and yes, being able to keep the score is an important part of a competent coach's skillset. somebody did the math already, and if it's accurate, it's a terrible indication of how fragile sarriventus is: we lost 18 points from a winning position. 3 of those 18 would have already sealed the scudetto.
So let's just cut players salaries by half and hire the best motivator in the world for 5mln/yr.

I thought that the club hires coaches that are specifically responsible for physical preparation. These people are educated in the field while majority of the head coaches are ex-players with no education. So now Sarri is responsible for that too?

Tactical stubbornest and game management? Not so long ago he "outsmarted" Conte and now he is inept? What do you mean with the lack of rotation skills? I asked you to name me a player that hasn't been playing this season and it was not related to his health.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

ConteInda beats Sarriventus. Apparently they lost 22 points while being in the lead. Many wanted Conte here btw.

Another thing is the myth of lack of rotation. Who do you play? How do you rotate? Sarri uses all the players that are available. Lately he was even forced to use unfit players like AS and Ramsey. DC is a disaster waiting to happen (and just happened again yesterday). Higuain has suffered his second injury since covid. Pjanic has had some issues lately too.
Let's not even metion Khedira, MDS and Chiellini here. They're never available.

We need to realize that problems are way bigger than the coach. I mean, Allegri has faced the same issues but under Sarri it looks worse because of this packed as fuck finish to the season. It doesn't really help that this team is so narrow in squad yet so old.

Motivation has been harder for this side with each year passing, because when you win, inevitably you're becoming full. Is Sarri shitty when it comes to motivation? I don't think so, he's not exceptional at it and that's all. I really doubt this is the real problem here. Sarri's biggest problem is, he didn't receive the same availability from the players that he got elsewhere. It's one thing to go to Napoli and sell them your ideas and another one is to do it here. When you deal with champions who have won so much, they won't be as interested in changing their ways.
Another thing is Juve has simply too many names that look just good on paper. If this Sarri experiment has any chance of succeeding here, then Paratici has to go for younger players with lower profiles but with lots of potential. The ones that are hungry and will show availability to Sarri's ideas. De Ligt and Bentancur seem to get what is expected from them. Kulu will probably fit in well here, he's got a proper engine to do the running and we've seen him creating quite a bit for Parma. Hopefully Arthur will adapt quickly enough and stays fit.

To sum up: we're in the worst place possible because this team is no longer Allegri's but it's neither Sarri's. Now the management has to take responsibility and decide what to do next. You either continue with the idea of changing or go back to what it was. Let's just not do something in between because next year Juve might not be this lucky to win a title.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Sorri and his supporters. Forza The Anti Sorri Brigade and his detractors.

I don't understand how some of you are actually supporting this turd. He has absolutely won nothing in his career (a mickey mouse Europa League doesn't count in my book - no one gives two fucks about that competition).

The man is a stubborn senile mule, has 0 tactical flexibility, makes horrible subs (and constantly gets bailed out by Ronaldo and Dybala), and even his former players, Napoli aside, don't like him or his training methods. Even at Napoli, he was adamant about following a system, which is fine, but he had no plan B. He ostracized and alienated a few players because he always used the same 14-15 guys.

He doesn't belong at a club like Juventus. It's that simple.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Rabiot, Sandro and Bentancur are all in desperate need of rest and so my proposed lineup is:

Ronaldo - Dybala - Costa
Matuidi - Pjanic - Ramsey
Danilo - Bonucci - DeLigt - Rugani
Tek​

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
realistically, after Atalanta's draw last night, we probably only need one point to secure the Scudetto.

We're likely to win this game, draw and lose the next two, limping to another Scudetto, before stumbling our way into the CL, where we will edge a Lyon side lacking form and fitness, before getting annihilated against City. I smell a humiliating 4-0 or 4-1 defeat in that potential tie :sad: :sigh:

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
realistically, after Atalanta's draw last night, we probably only need one point to secure the Scudetto.

We're likely to win this game, draw and lose the next two, limping to another Scudetto, before stumbling our way into the CL, where we will edge a Lyon side lacking form and fitness, before getting annihilated against City. I smell a humiliating 4-0 or 4-1 defeat in that potential tie :sad: :sigh:
I agree with the Scudetto part, but doubt we’ll get past Lyon. We already know we’ll concede once, so we need to score 3 times, which we won’t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)