[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Novara (18-Dec-2011) (20 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Barzagli

• Pepe

• Chiellini

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If anything, this match showed everyone just how valuable Vidal can be.

Dare I say, but he might be the most unselfish player this team has.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
To be fair he intercepted Novara passes on a number of occassions and was lively. Downside was his numerous give-aways. Remember CM is not anywhere near his natural position.
i agree. he won several balls, ran his socks off for the entire game and was able to beat his man quite often to create some good chances BUT his finishing was awful... i can forgive him his poor finishing today but not playing a simple pass to pepe who would have been clear on an empty goal is just not tolerable... after that he kinda lost it and produced some terrible giveaways in dangerous positions. bad game alltogether but everybody is allowed to have an off game from time to time.
i still like him though :)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
WΏΏdy;3415225 said:
Not the same sergio :D

Back then we were good enough to be cocky about it,now all the complaining and moaning is for real :sad:
This team last year would have collapsed under the weight of frustration at not finishing chances.

this team now just keeps going until they get one in the back of the net.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Quag had some great moments. Pass to Giacch, set him up a couple of times, unreal pass to Pepe and the monster goal. I'd say its unfair to say he didn't have a good game, because he hardly had any support, and was heavily marked to begin with.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Good first half then quite a bad start to the second. We desperately need someone better than Pepe despite all the good things he did he still lacks touch and finishing.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
This team last year would have collapsed under the weight of frustration at not finishing chances.

this team now just keeps going until they get one in the back of the net.
Last year we were playing with del neri and that pretty much is the end of the discussion :D

I though u were refering to the pre calcipoli seasons when we won but still bitched about how we played (or ruineri's season when we cried and cursed at finishing 3rd)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
too many players desperate to prove a point and get on the scoresheet.

but, we dominated the game, with a half decent finisher it would have been a rout and a half, so can't really complain.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
While only the scoreline matters in the end, what encourages me most is the fight and effort they put in for a second goal to finish off the match. It's been years since we've seen that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yet another match that proved all of my pre-season points...
FFS Cron :D

Ashton MOM, followed by Giorgio, Superman and Barza.
Pepe is my MOtM. He fucked up once or twice, especially with that pass to DP which should have came just a bit earlier, but he was too much for Novara today. He had a very good game crowned with a goal and an assist.

Quagliarella did not have a good game despite the goal. But the goal, should help his confidence now.
I think he had a good match. He played where he should play (in the middle of the 4-3-3, in Matri's spot) and moved like a striker should move, creating lots of space for the others.
Yeah, he did have a good game even if we exclude the goal and I am happy because this match is imo proving that we can easily use Quag in Matri's spot and not even feel it. Now all we need is a good sub for Vucinic on the left.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
While only the scoreline matters in the end, what encourages me most is the fight and effort they put in for a second goal to finish off the match. It's been years since we've seen that.
Well it is the mighty Novara, clearly we wanted to show we were up to the challenge :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
WΏΏdy;3415312 said:
Last year we were playing with del neri and that pretty much is the end of the discussion :D

I though u were refering to the pre calcipoli seasons when we won but still bitched about how we played (or ruineri's season when we cried and cursed at finishing 3rd)
Oh, no no no.

Those years are but a distant memory now

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well it is the mighty Novara, clearly we wanted to show we were up to the challenge :D
The problem with juve the past few seasons was this maddening trend of playing down to the level of competition. There were more than a few moments the last few years where Juve would actually be dominated by these minnows, only to either scrape by with a draw, or get a last minute goal.

different story this time around.

i would rather them donimate the match and "only' win 2-0 than to go back to the way things used to be.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
To be fair, he did a mediocre job in the midfield and a fucking terrible job in his "natural" position.
Seriously, stop it. And all of you whining that's just sick. 3 points. There is no easy games in serie A, we were lucky to score very early, otherwise would be singing different song by now.

And you Nzoric, you are just frustrated that Krasic is not playing and trying to find excuses to blame other players like Pepe, Esti and Giach. Giach IMO was really good, yes he missed a lot of chances, but he created a lot as well, he ran the most today, and was everywhere in the pitch.

Glad to see PDC performing, our defense looked way better with Chiello in center, I hope we don't change anything in back four vs Udinese. DP so unlucky and desperate to score it hurts to see him like that, quag finally scored and that's just good for the team and him. Pepe apart for fucking up once or twice was very good. Marchisio should have scored, Pirlo looked tired. Barza there are no words to describe how good he is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seriously, stop it. And all of you whining that's just sick. 3 points. There is no easy games in serie A, we were lucky to score very early, otherwise would be singing different song by now.

And you Nzoric, you are just frustrated that Krasic is not playing and trying to find excuses to blame other players like Pepe, Esti and Giach. Giach IMO was really good, yes he missed a lot of chances, but he created a lot as well, he ran the most today, and was everywhere in the pitch.

Glad to see PDC performing, our defense looked way better with Chiello in center, I hope we don't change anything in back four vs Udinese. DP so unlucky and desperate to score it hurts to see him like that, quag finally scored and that's just good for the team and him. Pepe apart for fucking up once or twice was very good. Marchisio should have scored, Pirlo looked tired. Barza there are no words to describe how good he is.

I'm glad someone esle noticed that. they really do need a viable substitute for him in this upcoming winter mercato

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The problem with juve the past few seasons was this maddening trend of playing down to the level of competition. There were more than a few moments the last few years where Juve would actually be dominated by these minnows, only to either scrape by with a draw, or get a last minute goal.

different story this time around.

i would rather them donimate the match and "only' win 2-0 than to go back to the way things used to be.
Missed opportunity for Vinman to deploy his named-based profanity upon Conte? (What is this time?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)