[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Novara (18-Dec-2011) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Barzagli

• Pepe

• Chiellini

• Quagliarella

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is frustrating that we couldn't seal the match in the first half with three goals and play much more comfortably in the second but that is only Giaccherrini and partially Del Piero to blame. A game like this needed that extremely early goal because Novara's intentions was to park the bus from the first minute but they got upset and it was only up to us to end the game and not wait for the second half and probably let in a lucky goal that would put Novara back into their game plan.

All our players were frustratingly annoying today and no one was really exceptional except for Pepe who managed to put his name on both the goal and assist sheet, not to forget the great work rate that he added. The problem with Pepe though is that you cannot get him a brain so the stupid decisions are something we have to live with in the time being.

Another really annoying factor in the match was seeing Giaccherrini manage play 90 minutes, until now I cannot understand why did it happen.

Chiellini in the CB was also interesting especially that he did not take is old role of organising the back line but left the job to the fantastic Barzagli.

All in all it was a good win, three points and a clean sheet was everything we needed ahead of the big clash against Udinese on Wednesday. Let's keep the good results coming as Milan will still get the easy points one way or another.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
IA game like this needed that extremely early goal because Novara's intentions was to park the bus from the first minute
I'm not sure about this Jack. Novara simply isn't a team for that and their coach admitted it. They can't play catenaccio and they never play it (I guess they lack good defenders and midfielders?). That will most probably cost them relegation. Kudos for being so brave, but it's gonna cost them.
On the other hand, it will bring them good results from time to time, like the 3:1 win against Inter they made earlier this season.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I'm not sure about this Jack. Novara simply isn't a team for that and their coach admitted it. They can't play catenaccio and they never play it (I guess they lack good defenders and midfielders?). That will most probably cost them relegation. Kudos for being so brave, but it's gonna cost them.
On the other hand, it will bring them good results from time to time, like the 3:1 win against Inter they made earlier this season.

They were defending like beasts against Napoli.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Why didn't Elia start, after the Roma game where he got a brief 10 minutes thought he would start instead of Giach but somehow Conte doesn't even play him. Is he leaving this January ?
Good to see we go in to the Udinese game with a win, would help the confidence level.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Elia is competing with Pepe and Krasic, not Giaccherini.
Didn't we buy him as a LM when we already had Pepe and Krasic in the team. It doesn't make sense to buy another RM when we had 2, and at that time Krasic was important and toleave our LM to Giach and Esti. He was bought to play at LM that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)