[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno Sep 19th, 2009 (34 Viewers)

Juve - Livorno : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Camoranesi

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Marrone

• De Ceglie

• Amauri

• Livorno's suckiness

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
4 wins out of 4 feels great :) I hope we continue winning.

Giovinco's attitude really annoys me. He should be more focused; he can't waste his amazing talent this way.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Good to pick up 3 points right before the Genoa game. Genoa at their home is going to be the most important and difficult match of our season so far and with Diego and Melo hopefully returning it will be a test to see what we are capable of. We must win this game!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Missed most of the first half. Just wondering what did we do to get so lethargic in the second half? The game was played at walking pace.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ok
got the 3 points, great start to the season

good display in attack, linked up well camo a big thumbs up. poulsen is a bitch nuff said. marchisio did his job and played well, took his goal with great class. de ceglie came on and did his job. giovinco wasnt that bad did link up well with camo but was ignored by camo, who preffered trying to set up trez. so giovinco wasnt at his best, wrongfully subbed IMO, hopefully will be given another chance against genoa. marrone did well winning a free kick as soon as he got on, was quite but he will be a good player IMO.

the defense was shite most of the time, chiellini wasnt bad nor was grosso, but to give away 9 corners to your 1 to a team like livorno is ridicilous, although the lack of a destroyer or steel in the midfield was to blame as well. still not good enough, we were lucky i no we have injuries but if this were any other team and if we didnt have super gigi in goals we wouldve conceded a few. on that note gigi was amazing, he is in great form thank god for him, my MOM.

the strikers, iaquinta continues to score, took that chance well. had another chance and didnt take it but hey, thats iaquinta. his movement wa pretty good kept running. trezeguet has really improved his game trying to get more involved great to see. hit the bar and was unlucky but really shouldve scored that volley, still dangerous and on the up, bravo trez keep improving, hope he gets his shot against genoa and scores 1 or 2. amauri shouldve come on for iaquinta, but he came on and really was just dribbling for fun :p

ciro's subs i didnt agree with, taking off giovinco will hurt his confidence, let him have his 90 minutes as he wasnt even bad just wasnt amazing but god we cant expect the kid to be maradona every game he plays he is still getting a feel for the new system and match fitness. so i think he shouldve stayed on.

IMO marchisio shouldve come off as he would be dead tired, so was camo so these two shoudlve been taken off instead of giovinco.
my subs wouldve been marrone for marchisio and de ceglie for camo, then iaquinta off for amauri.

my MOM buffon saved our ass, close second camo then third marchisio.

3 points are the main thing, now lets get a good result at genoa wont be an easy game and hopefully fatigue wont hurt us.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
We couldn't really ask for more. Several players out injured, less than 4days to prepare for this game and we won + keeping a clean sheet.

Buffon 8.5:star:

Grygera 6
Legro 6
Chiellini 6
Grosso 6

Poulsen 5
Marchisio 7
Camoranesi 6.5

Giovinco 6

Iaquinta 6.5
Trezeguet 4.5

Ferrara 6.5, didn't like his Seba-De Ceglie subs though.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
what kinda attitude did he give????
Do you think that's last year's Giovinco? Where is his flair? Where is his desire to do his best when grabs the ball?

I don't know what's up with him, but he must be back to his best before his forgotten.

P.S. Giovinco is my favorite player after Del Piero, so don't think I don't believe in him.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Three points, enough said from me. The depleated team we put out there and still created chances pleased me. Iaquinta and Trez need to get there shooting boots on.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gigi still on fire makes us look 3x better than we are. I'm glad to see us get the business done early given Milan's problem's last week. But our defense played poorly against a poorer team. Few other clubs will have that much mercy on our failures.

Take the points, of course. And given that we have a number of injuries and are rotating some usual non-starters, it's still a good result.

One weird part of the match was seeing the nice FK that Marrone won -- and noting that none of our great FK takers were on the pitch.

Buffon - 8.5 - Brilliant day. Impeccable. Fantastic this season. MOM candidate every match, and clearly has it today.

Grosso - 6 - While there was much to criticize, he had some of the best pace late in the match. He didn't cost us anything either. And he covered a lot of ground - left, right, shallow, long, etc.

Chiellini - 6 - Generally good match without too many mistakes.

Legrottaglie - 6 - Came out to guard the wing a lot. Generally not bad, but not great.

Grygera - 6 - Not bad, not good.

Poulsen - 4.5 - Non-existent for the first half. Barely appeared for the second. Didn't do his job, and his role was the place on the pitch we got raped the most. For a holding midfielder, the only thing he was holding was his junk in his hands.

Marchisio - 7 - Good game. Good finish on the goal. Nice cross while being pinched in the corner that Trez blew his sitter.

Camoranesi - 7.5 - Once he figured out his role, he kicked ass. Great movement with the ball, killer crosses that lead to both goals. Stop shooting on goal and keep crossing.

Giovinco - 6 - OK match. Some good ball movement, but he did hold on to the ball too long at times.

Trezeguet - 5.5 - A wasted sitter, but his touches are getting closer. Some decent assistance witha couple of OK passes.

Iaquinta - 6.5 - Nice goal placement. Some wasted chances, but some unlucky saves too.

Subs:

Marrone - 6 - Didn't do much other than tried not to make mistakes.

De Ceglie - 5.5 - Almost as much of a ghost as Poulsen in the first half.

Amauri - 5.5 - A lot of energy, but not a lot of constructive play with his teammates.

Coach:

Ferrara - 6 - The team was ready and aggressive after a disappointing midweek match, facing a lowball team, and nursing a number of injuries to starters. However, some of his subs were questionable.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Gigi still on fire makes us look 3x better than we are. I'm glad to see us get the business done early given Milan's problem's last week. But our defense played poorly against a poorer team. Few other clubs will have that much mercy on our failures.

Take the points, of course. And given that we have a number of injuries and are rotating some usual non-starters, it's still a good result.

One weird part of the match was seeing the nice FK that Marrone won -- and noting that none of our great FK takers were on the pitch.

Buffon - 8.5 - Brilliant day. Impeccable. Fantastic this season. MOM candidate every match, and clearly has it today.

Grosso - 6 - While there was much to criticize, he had some of the best pace late in the match. He didn't cost us anything either. And he covered a lot of ground - left, right, shallow, long, etc.

Chiellini - 6 - Generally good match without too many mistakes.

Legrottaglie - 6 - Came out to guard the wing a lot. Generally not bad, but not great.

Grygera - 6 - Not bad, not good.

Poulsen - 4.5 - Non-existent for the first half. Barely appeared for the second. Didn't do his job, and his role was the place on the pitch we got raped the most. For a holding midfielder, the only thing he was holding was his junk in his hands.

Marchisio - 7 - Good game. Good finish on the goal. Nice cross while being pinched in the corner that Trez blew his sitter.

Camoranesi - 7.5 - Once he figured out his role, he kicked ass. Great movement with the ball, killer crosses that lead to both goals. Stop shooting on goal and keep crossing.

Giovinco - 6 - OK match. Some good ball movement, but he did hold on to the ball too long at times.

Trezeguet - 5.5 - A wasted sitter, but his touches are getting closer. Some decent assistance witha couple of OK passes.

Iaquinta - 6.5 - Nice goal placement. Some wasted chances, but some unlucky saves too.

Subs:

Marrone - 6 - Didn't do much other than tried not to make mistakes.

De Ceglie - 5.5 - Almost as much of a ghost as Poulsen in the first half.

Amauri - 5.5 - A lot of energy, but not a lot of constructive play with his teammates.

Coach:

Ferrara - 6 - The team was ready and aggressive after a disappointing midweek match, facing a lowball team, and nursing a number of injuries to starters. However, some of his subs were questionable.
:tup:
id give trez a 6 just because he is improving :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)