[Serie A] JUVENTUS 2-0 Livorno Sep 19th, 2009 (15 Viewers)

Juve - Livorno : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Camoranesi

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Marrone

• De Ceglie

• Amauri

• Livorno's suckiness

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think DC is ahead of Marrone in the pecking order whether it's three man midfield or not, Paolo can definetly play there, as he has done it for Azurrini. Another plus is that he knows the other players and especially Gio and Marchisio (if he's going to play) way better than Marrone.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I'm for a PDC start in midfield, and also a Chiellini-Caceres pairing as CBs. These are the type of games for Caceres to build up his confidence and to acclimatise with the team and the league overall ...

Trezequet - Iaquinta
Giovinco
De Ceglie - Poulsen - Camoranesi
Grosso - Chiellini - Caceres - Zebina
Buffon​

Performance of Poulsen will be critical ...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Two natural wingers on the sides of Poulsen? There could end up being too much width. I know DC can play in a three-man, but that usually occurs with two other central midfielders in the Azzurrini.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
It seems like there's too much width, so Camo and PDC should not play like wingers in a 442 and should always make themselves available for a pass from Poulsen who will be the fulcrum.

I am thinking Livorno will probably be jam-packing the area right in front of their penalty area and put Giovinco, our main source of play-making out of business. So with PDC-Grosso and Camo-Zebina, we can really spread out the markers and Gio will not be stifled out.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I think DC is ahead of Marrone in the pecking order whether it's three man midfield or not, Paolo can definetly play there, as he has done it for Azurrini. Another plus is that he knows the other players and especially Gio and Marchisio (if he's going to play) way better than Marrone.
Wait a minute,

A PDC cross from midfield would end up being a regular cross !! Its genius :weee:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nobody in this thread said Poulsen wasn't good enough for this game, and nobody is hating on him.

DP06 is right -- Poulsen has to play well if we field DC and Camo next to him.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #92
    Camo - Poulsen and DC is a very dynamic midfield. I like it.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    No, De Ceglie looked totally out of place in that role. Why play De Ceglie in Marchisio's role, when we have Marchisio to play that role..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)